A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokemon Black and White

Yea found out about this sometime yesterday I believe. So yea I was joking when i was like whats the third game gonna be Gray? Then i get shown that they kept trademarks for gray scarlet and another color I can't remember..

So which would you get XD... I'd get BLACK....no I'm not racist! XD

Yeah. I hope they focus less on legendaries and evolutions in this game, and actually make some new effing content. Diamond and Pearl had about 30 actual new pokemon, the rest were babies/evolutions of old pokemon and legendaries. It was a total ripoff.

Not to mention the actual pokemon they DID make that were new were usually garbage. I hated looking at bidoof and his stupid evolution. It's sad to say in d/p I didn't even end up making a team of new pokemon, I usually went for the throwbacks when possible.

The best pokemos of all history are the first 150, cuz they are the only ones I can remember and the ones i loved (and still love)

And maybe the other 100 of pokemon gold/silver.

And also latios & latias : D

I dont care about the rest.

PD Finally a supersayain evolution pokemon!

They have said this one will bring some changes to the battle system. We'll see soon, though, since Japanese people will probably put up leaks or something.

BLACK AND WHITE AREN'T COLORS DURR HURR. Anyway, I agree that a lot of the D/P Pokémon were pretty bad. Lucario, Garchomp, and the starters were the most memorable ones for me.

In this gen, I hope they don't make any more goddamn baby Pokemon. They're useless. They had to retcon breeding methods by adding held items to get specific baby forms, which is clunky and stupid. Also, Pinsir needs an evolution.

The fuck are they doing for legendaries?

I already caught the masters of TIME and SPACE, and then practically caught GOD.

What else is there?

Also...

[obligatoryracejoke]

The "third version" will probably be named Pokemon Mulatto

[/obligatoryracejoke]

In this gen, I hope they don't make any more goddamn baby Pokemon. They're useless.

Exactly! They can't be found in the wild, so you have to breed them. And even then, they're so weak that they're unusable. There is literally ZERO point to them, other than more cutesy Pokemon for the anime.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml first news post shows off the first set of images for this game.

Gotta say, the new 3d looks fantastic, the battle area looks like it has a little more going on, but no word on changes yet.

It looks like traversing the world is going to have a semi animal crossing ds/wii effect to it, but more on a sideways level than on an up/down level. I'm also getting the distinct feeling that you will be able to move in more than 4 directions with a system like this implemented, DIAGONALS FINALLY??

the vibe I'm getting is that the world map isn't connected to cities anymore (and pokecenters look like they lie on the outside of the city). You can tell because in one of the pictures there's a pathway that leads into the city, but it looks more like a transitional type door. With graphics like this our pokemon world isn't going to be so flat anymore!

Also, WHO PUT A POKEMART IN MY POKECENTER :o. In all honesty, that was a nice move.

i dont want to buy the black version because it will be violent and demeaning to women

Yeah but the white version will be 30% smaller and not run as fast.

Serious moment now:

I like the new look, and I know the game has always been about the badges. However I'd like to see the player able to make progression via contests or some other means. They make quite a big deal with Coordinators and contests in the anime, but in the game it's just a distraction that amounts to nothing in the end.

They need to make something to do with actually BEING the champion to add some replay value. I mean, you beat the champion, you become the champion, but the old guy is STILL in the champion's spot. I'd like to see some mode where you could take challengers in the league or whatnot. It'll never happen, but I want to feel like I've actually progressed once I beat the game. There are a lot of little side-stories you could do, really...

1. Like I said, become champion

2. Become a gym leader

3. Contest master (whatever they're called)

4. Cop or something? (Track Rocket members and whatnot)

5. Breeder

Anyway, if they're wanting to really advance the games, there needs to be something other than getting 8 badges and beating the elite four. Although it still works as a fun game, I think everyone wants SOMETHING new.

It looks awesome to me. They're basically using what they did with the gyms in D/P and applying it into the whole game. Also, either we're gonna be able to customize our characters in this game or that's just a fugly outfit.