A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds Delta V1.2

Aikocho

Good call on the Eastern Time clarification, but you did not mention which Saturday you are abiding by. =]

Thanks for the offer; I felt that the super transformation really needed an extra little something, but I didn't have any resources to throw in off-hand, and neither did Kaosu.

That gimmick is freakin' hard in MMF. I'm going to have to pass.

Well, I could probably do it actually. But I've got some obligations I need to attend to first... I hope that three straight years of little else but programming has made me a little sharper at this. Of course, MMF is considerably different from what I've let myself get used to...

I 5 starred this thread and am throwing rep around to everyone contributing because I love everything you guys are doing.

Gimme two chaos emeralds and we're even. :P

Baah, I kid. But I really appreciate this. I only wish I was more of a graphics man than a programmer and composer.

• Like 2

Getting to that two emerald count is a real bitch, and you've still got about 56 rep points to go (a little over half) before you do. I'll tell you what though, I'll go ahead and add a little to what Rael just gave you. My reps are only worth like 7 or some crap, but it'll at least put you over the half way point.

I think.

EDIT: Yeah, confirmed, you are at 52 now, up from 44.

• Like 1

It's seems to some type of spring formula. Moving up and down, gradually building strength, like elastic. Although I rather enjoyed Marble Garden's gimmicks like the pulley, shifting lands, and the spinning top you ride on.

Alright, here's what I've got so far:

[qimg]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5485/allwo.png[/qimg]

If we need a little more buildup on it, I'll add it when we see it.

Not quite sure how this will look with additive blend and over the actual thing. I guess we'll find out.

I also feel a little inclined to screw with the borders.

I have to be honest, At first, I thought this effect was for sonic only, but it surprised me to know that it can be done in Photoshop also. I do most of my pixel changes in that program also.

I thank you for this, really I do. Makes things so much easier.

The burst effect looks amazing in-game DW; thank you very much!

Progress is still continuing on the engine in an attempt to get practically everything we can from the classics thrown in. The camera has been redone to simulate a more classic style camera, while still supporting scroll-into-boundaries so that you can set limits without worrying that the camera will snap.

Currently some flickies for Super Tails need to be worked in, and animations are in the process of being finished off and prepared to fully support the Super palette recoloring.

Maybe this weekend there will be material out in the open? =]

Question, Have you guys fix the water run problem? In the newest build, Sonic can't jump underwater with hit the jump button several times.

Hm, Well, when Lark and I looked at it, We thought that was because of the water running. But it was much more than that. It was also the way the ceiling running was programmed that made jumping difficult at all. We fixed that, and so far, no jumping issues came up.

Today... We are very very close, to releasing the finalized Sonic Wolds engine. There has been a lot of play testing, a lot of programming, and a lot of effort put into it all. As soon as I finish the Documentation of everything that is important to learn when using the engine, it will be released and posted in this very thread.

Just remember one thing though, It wasn't just me and Lark that made it possible, but all of you that dared to make that one step for Sonic Worlds, Especially Damizean, that invented a brand new era for Sonic Fangames today.

That's enough of my yammering. :P