A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

I'm curious to see how SEGA responds to this. I mean we have seen the whole game already, several months before it even came out. Heck even before they released a video of splash hill, (not counting that 2 second bit).

I kind of feel bad for sega, I don't even know if I want to even buy this anymore. Then again I saw most of sonic unleashed before buying it and I still loved it (both versions cuz ima dork like that).

segas going to be pissed and attack fans by telling us to wait 3 more years for it then remake everything so it seams like the lecks were a lie. the to make us pissed they will replace sonic with silver as a werehog and give him guns with 5 new characters.
..What?

This.. doesn't even make sense. o_O

segas going to be pissed and attack fans by telling us to wait 3 more years for it then remake everything so it seams like the lecks were a lie. the to make us pissed they will replace sonic with silver as a werehog and give him guns with 5 new characters.

I hope for your sake that English isn't your first language.

• Like 1

So... From what I hear, this game is basically a rehash of stuff from Sonic 1 and 2 with slight mix-ups, shoddy physics, and the homing attack.

Bloody hell, not even Capcom is this bad. MM9 and MM10 are classic Mega Man games with entirely new content, and even with the endless Street Fighter expansions, at least they're being honest about it. Dimps/Sonic Team simply cobbled together old content, half-assed the physics and then pretended it's a totally new classic game. What a bunch of lazy twats.

Yup this game is majorly and majority inspired (or ripped) from sonic 2. Also, if this game isn't being made by sonic team, why does it say Created by Sonic Team in the credits.

Sonic Team AND Dimps were making it actually.

EDIT: Also, Spark wins. XD

..What?

This.. doesn't even make sense. o_O

I understand what its says.

Sega is going to attack fans by telling us that we have to wait 3 more years for the game. They'll remake everything so that it seems like the leaks were a lie. Then to piss us off' date=' they will replace Sonic with Silver (as a were hog) and give him guns with 5 new characters.[/quote']

LOL, I think they will continue as scheduled.

EDIT: Also, Spark wins. XD

This game was supposed to be for us the "classic" fans. This things is hardly any different than Rush/Advance. So what are you saying they screwed us a little less? Sorry that's not good enough for me. Also that games come and gone you should be comparing it to more recent Sonic titles like Sonic Unleashed which also sucked, like they all sucked and will continue to suck.

This game was supposed to be for us the "classic" fans. This things is hardly any different than Rush/Advance. So what are you saying they screwed us a little less? Sorry that's not good enough for me. Also that games come and gone you should be comparing it to more recent Sonic titles like Sonic Unleashed which also sucked, like they all sucked and will continue to suck.

Okay.

So enough talking Sonic 4 from me. I'll stay in other threads, etc.

PS: I thought Sonic Unleashed was...okay. It wasn't OMG THE BEST THING EVAR SINCE SLICED BREAD, but at least it was better than 06... :/ [/opinion]

Rehashed Sonic 2 levels versus...

sonic-and-sonic-at-tgs08-small.jpg

Yeah I know which one I'd rather.

Fixed by popular demand. :aparty:

Yeah I know which one I'd rather.

Fixed by popular demand. :aparty:

This doesn't require me to say anything new so I'm just going to quote myself.

This things is hardly any different than Rush/Advance. So what are you saying they screwed us a little less? Sorry that's not good enough for me.

I didn't find it funny at all, at least not the last one you posted. We're just talking about a game here. I don't think anyone here is taking it too seriously. Just talking about Sonic 4 in the Sonic 4 thread at SFGHQ.

At least we've got the thread back on topic eh? :D

So... From what I hear, this game is basically a rehash of stuff from Sonic 1 and 2 with slight mix-ups, shoddy physics, and the homing attack.

Bloody hell, not even Capcom is this bad. MM9 and MM10 are classic Mega Man games with entirely new content, and even with the endless Street Fighter expansions, at least they're being honest about it. Dimps/Sonic Team simply cobbled together old content, half-assed the physics and then pretended it's a totally new classic game. What a bunch of lazy twats.

Inticretes is not bad at all, MM10 was awesome and did exactly what it set out to do.

Inticretes is not bad at all, MM10 was awesome and did exactly what it set out to do.

I'm not sure if you read my post, because I wasn't being negative about MM10 at all. In fact, I said that MM10 does what Sonic 4 doesn't do - be nostalgic while not rehashing its content except for the stuff that appears in every classic Mega Man game anyway. Inti Creates is awesome.

Actually, now I wonder how a Sonic game would look with Toru Nakayama's (The guy who did the art for the Mega Man Zero and ZX series) art style.