A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Thanks for the birthday thread...

Eminence

get off his back. mine passed by and i had a fake whinge to get it. except nobody minded me doing it coz i'm a "prolific" member. which is bullshit but still.

I agree that people shouldn't jump his ass over it, but I don't see how bullshit on the prolific member front. I mean, consider this... in real life, if it's your birthday, who celebrates with you? People you barely know or people you have some level of familiarity with? Now, arguably none of us really know one another... but a lot of us have some pretty strong bonds regardless.

It's mostly a matter of having at least one person on here who notices it's your birthday and decides you'd like a topic on SFGHQ. In other words, you have to have some people on SFGHQ caring about you in order for it to be noticed (because one person will just overlook it) and you have to be attached to this site enough for those people to think you will care. If you don't have those things, you have to make your own topic. No harm, no foul. Just don't whine that people didn't do it...

In your case Andrew, everyone was surprised. You just happened to fall victim to bad statistics.

Regardless of all of that, Happy Birthday Eminence. Now tell us what you won.

*ahem*

Quite honestly. It didn't really matter to me, whether or not you created a birthday thread in my honor. I was completely taken aback when someone did make one for me last year.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5037

That being the case. I figured I could get a rise out of people by creating a sarcastic thread. (Borderline trolling.) Obviously I have zero to no leeway around these parts... and the conflicting personalities on this site. Ranging from uBer pacifistic, conceited know-it-alls, defendes, etc... I'd see some interesting discussion.

And really, what was there to lose? I lurk these forums and make subtle posts here and there. Not like there was any reputation here for me to lose.

-

I didn't get a birthday thread this year, but I didn't whine. Although I'm never here.

You have pants on your head... clearly you're undeserving of a proper birthday celebration.

Only really prolific members get birthday threads these days. We stopped doing it for everyone when there started being birthday threads every two days.

Completely understandable.

Happy Happy

Thank you, sailer.

Happy birthday Scatta.

Error, divide by zero.

Most (if not all) of us are dudes here. Don't get so mad. Forgetting birthdays is completely acceptable under man law.

Oh no. By all means. I am f***ing furious.

seriously : \ if you're freaking out over not getting a birthday thread here you need to rethink your priorities in life...

Yes, because I was freaking out for sure. :) Glad you have incredible skills of empathy. And ULTIMATE detection of sarcasm. REP UP!

btw, for some reason i think eminence's avatar kind of fits this thread

Haha. I love my avatar. It adds subtle layers of confusion.

You done crying yet, bitch?

Happy birthday.

Thanks Streak. :)

ps i luv ur 3d modelles lol. <3

You're welcome.

The suave approach. Well played. ;)

get off his back. mine passed by and i had a fake whinge to get it. except nobody minded me doing it coz i'm a "prolific" member. which is bullshit but still.

Yeah, you tell em' Suspended Chaos! :) Ha.

Happy Birthday.

Thank you Psycho Rat!

Happy Birthday :0

BRING BACK TEH LOBSTER SIGNATURE

Regardless of all of that, Happy Birthday Eminence. Now tell us what you won.

Well. I helped create a thread with two-pages of discussion. Created mildy amusement out of a few characters of text... and I've entertained myself this morning before work. :)

Though likely insincere. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :D

I was completely taken aback when someone did make one for me last year.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5037

Yeah I haven't been active enough recently to post the HBT's for everyone. Honestly I think that's where most of my post count comes from.

BRING BACK TEH LOBSTER SIGNATURE

Assuming this is what you were talking about, then here we are, back by popular demand!

Also it is a crab :0

EDIT:EDIT: Thnx Worm.

EDIT: I don't know where the section is to change the text above my avatar, there used to be a section there. If this needs to be done by an admin then can you please change it to: The Original Thread Ender

Control Panel -> Edit Profile (under Settings and Options) -> Custom User Title

Define insincerity? Insincerity as in we aren't as in it as we would be if we knew you better? Sure. But really, most of us are more than happy to wish a happy birthday to a perfect stranger if we know it's going on. And you are a couple notches above a perfect stranger, so seriously dude, happy birthday.

And you didn't tell us what you won...

Define insincerity? Insincerity as in we aren't as in it as we would be if we knew you better? Sure. But really, most of us are more than happy to wish a happy birthday to a perfect stranger if we know it's going on. And you are a couple notches above a perfect stranger, so seriously dude, happy birthday.

And you didn't tell us what you won...

Insincere was a word directed at your wishes of happy birthday. Only used due to the brevity of your first post, and the comment, "Now tell us what you won." Asking me to justify my actions.

I responded to everyone else plea of birthday wishes with distinct intimacy.

AND! I Did tell you what I won in my last post.

Well. I helped create a thread with two-pages of discussion. Created mildy amusement out of a few characters of text... and I've entertained myself this morning before work. :)

But with all that muddled quite confusion out of the way. Thanks for the birthday wishes, haha. Sorry to create the commotion that I did.

(18 years old... go me!)

never thought i'd see the day someone gets attacked for a happy birthday

QFT hahaha. I hope everyone in this thread was just joking. And happy birthday dude.

Also Sereph, you should stop those subtle remarks about our forum :awink: I do believe that's why you were banned before.