A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Thank you Instant and KTZ

ila

Instant and KTZ, thank you very much for running this years SAGE. I don't have the numbers or traffic data, but I must say that it was a great success on your parts. Once again, thank you very much for this SAGE.

The rest of you bastards, get in here and thank em already.

You're welcome everyone!! Instant and I had SO much fun running SAGE this year, even though we were playing tag-team for a while, as usually it was one or the other of us that was at work, but we did our best to make everything work out.

I was very happy that all of the guests I contacted were able to make it and were each successful interviews. The only thing I wish that had been different is that I wish there had been more people wanting to do legit SAGEcast shows, so maybe we wouldn't have had to improv so much with the schedule, haha.

I wonder who will be hosting next year? Instant and I would love to do it again, but I'm sure there is a waiting list.

• Like 1

That was probably the most easy-going SAGE ever. Now, I can probably attribute this feeling to me not having to either a) run the show or B) work on my project up until the deadline (canceling in advance=awesome), but even then, I never saw anybody at each others' throats or any excessive whining (unless it was comments on other sites covering the show). Everybody was chill and friendly.

I also loved how the show brought together multiple communities, like SER, Sonic Retro, SFGHQ, and SRB2. It was good to "meet" new people.

Most importantly, the people who ran the show were available, cool, and wanted to be there.

Thank you so much for a fun week, Instant and KTZ!

Thanks a lot for making this year's show such a success.

There's been a lot of bad karma headed your way because the site's that covered SAGE have a lot of 3D-era Sonic fans on board and were generally dissmissive over something that celebrated the hey-day of Sonic gaming.

But I've thoroughly enjoyed the event as there was some amazing talent on display. It was a pleasue to cover it at www.segadriven.com and I'm already looking forward to next year's event! Well done guys ;)

I'm sorry I wasn't able to spend more time enjoying the fangames, but I did enjoy this year's SAGE, and considering my limited time I'm quite glad that we didn't have all the big name fangames because I otherwise would have never taken the time to try out some of the smaller but more promising games.

Scheduling the workshop could have been cleaner, but that was partially my fault and we got it worked out in the end and I had a pretty good turnout though the ratio of active participants to idlers fluctuated significantly throughout the night. I'll probably do this again next year, as I managed to get quite a bit out of it this year.

I'd also like to recognize a few fangames and their creators which stood out to me this year. First of all, Overbound's Time Twisted fangame had some interesting gimmicks but was very rough around the edges last year. Like Slingerland said in his review, he had to deal with some very discouraging feedback last year, but he came back with a product that was hard to find fault with.

Then there's Sonic Babies. Whether you like it or not, I admire the fact that cannengui released this even in a community which has a tendency not to take a game with such a premise seriously. It's definitely has quite a ways to go, but I believe that with a little work, it will get its chance to shine. Kudos to everybody else who was willing to give it a chance despite their first reaction, this is what SAGE is all about!

Lastly, I've been behind the scenes with SRB2 for about a year now, so I know how crazy it has been. It's hard to imagine it has been around a decade before I came on board, and even after release I've witnessed developers pushing to fight through the many bugs that surfaced with the public beta... while it hasn't exactly been smooth, I would like to recognize Spazzo and Jazz Jackrabbit from the team who've been under the most pressure to fix these bugs. I don't even know if they visit these forums, but they deserve the thanks of SRB2's many players for their ongoing hard work.

There are still some fangames I've yet to try, and I'll probably stick around until I've played them and can provide feedback. Later in the year, I'll also be looking forward to some of the games that did not make an appearance. So I'll still be frequenting these forums occasionally. Thanks alot Instant and KTZ, along with everyone else that made this happen, it's been a great SAGE!

Man, you guys... I'm speechless. I have to say THANK YOU to all of you, because without you, SAGE wouldn't have been as good as it was, nor would it exist without your support and that little flame of fandom and inspiration from that blue hedgehog. I had so much fun with all of you! Every day I looked forward to being there and making the best of what we had to work with.

I know that giving someone different a chance at every SAGE is how the show goes, but I took the chance anyway and asked Smidge if KTZ-N and I could host for the 15th AND what is 10th anniversary of SAGE. I give my full support to whoever hosts next year's SAGE, and if I can help out in ANY way, I would do so without hesitation.

Doing all of what I had done for this year's SAGE has made me realize just how much I love working for the scene, making people laugh if I can, and having a good time, all the time.

Again, thank you, all of you.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot you guys! This was my second SAGE I've ever attended and I have to say it kicked so much ass. It was quite a lot of fun, though I wasn't really able to make it to the extended days too much =(

Here is hoping that next years SAGE is just as awesome!

Thank you guys, I, truly, liked this SAGE a lot. There were lots of promising (fan)games this year that were really worth checking out.

I was there only 2 days, but the general atmosphere was pretty good. Thanks for the show.

Oh, yes. Specially in the IRC, don't you agree?

Guest Shadix

Sorry I wasn't able to be around for most of it and wasn't able to contribute as much as you guys would've liked, however, for what I was around for I have to say you guys kicked this shows ass. Everything about the design and execution was just about flawless.

The site was so tightly integrated and accessible, and the integrated SAGEcast player was so easy to access I almost forgot it was there half the time. The scheduling system was really cool too.

I have to say KTZ and Instant, my hat really goes out to you guys and I really respect the chill attitude you guys brought to SAGE.

@Shadix: Wow, thank you so much! That means so much to me, man. I'm so glad that everything was enjoyably easy to navigate and use. Simplicity was what I tried to focus on with the site, but also maintain a nice, slick presentation.

YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME.

Does this mean you'd want us to do next year, too? :D Haha I know it keeps getting mentioned but you have no idea how revved up Instant and I are to do next year's show too. I've already been drafting and brainstorming things, even for the site.

We can only want to do it, but because it would be so UNORTHODOX given SAGE's history, in the end, it's up to you guys to make it happen.

We would want to take on a 3rd person to help with handling scheduling and activities so that every aspect is rock-solid for next year, since it's going to be a big one.