A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Time Twisted Sage Demo Preview Vid

OverbounD

Since Time Twisted wasn't included in the Sage vid this year here's a preview video of what you can expect to see from Sonic Time Twisted at Sage this year. The demo is done I could release it today if I so choose right now I'm working on the special stags it'd be nice to get those done for Sage but seems unlikely I suck as GM3D. Anyway here's the video and you can checkout the website in my sig for a few screen shots and some updates.

it looks good but i have a few issues..

you should make the camera perfectly center on the player. it looks a bit unprofessional to not have it that way, imo.

in that first level's past parallax, maybe you could break up the the bottom part of the bushes into smaller nodes and have them scroll individually. also, maybe you could add some x scrolling to the water part? a little polish like this goes a long way.

Looks freakin' awesome man, can't wait to try this out.

Not so sure I like how much you had to rev up that spindash though... you shouldn't have to hit it more than a couple times to send Sonic speeding off. Only other thing I'd suggest changing is making more parallax layers for the bushes in the past version of the level. Unless that would cause performance issues, of course.

This is one of the first on my list of games to play this year! This is Time Twisted at its best so far.

Thanks Brad + Ironrind that sprite btw is from Myst Hedgehog's Sonic Eternal Ring he let me use it I begged him because it rocks so much.

Rogueyoshi the camera is straight out of Dash... How might it be improved? Your not the only person to say that.

Rael when you say that about the spin dash are you talking about the demo you (may) have played or the video because I just pulled up time twisted and set it along side Sonic 3 and I'm just not seeing much difference between the two.

The parallax is less because of speed issues or I thought so anyway but I've played the game on some pretty old machines and it runs fairly well so maybe I'll add some more parallax and test it.

Thanks for the feedback its appreciated. ^_^

I like how you got the hand to work on the title thing. I had so much trouble getting it to look proper on this laptop. I hate not having all my tools available to me on here xD! I'm quite proud of how that title sprite came out anyway. Edit: one last thing, I may have overdone a little on the dithering...that and I'm kind of crappy at it, but I figured when looking at a bunch of old-school games they all seemed to overdo it. I can always re-shade if anyone has a major problem with it.

I should hopefully have the other thing ready for you this week!

I can't wait to play the demo at SAGE =)

Oh snap, I was credited? I don't even remember what I contributed... >_<;

Rogueyoshi the camera is straight out of Dash... How might it be improved? Your not the only person to say that.

Just remove the interpolation. The code for that should be somewhere in the end step of objPlayer.

*Remembers who he's talking to*

Oh, NOW I remember why I was credited... *facepalms*

MFZB your Sonic Title Sprite does look fantastic :D.

The single spike in the middle was done because it seemed like something a bit Sonic CDish but not Sonic 2 or 3ish if you know what I mean.

Anyway thanks for the comments here's another video of Dami's new camera he made for Time Twisted thanks again btw.

Wow, the level design looks much more interesting than the old betas. I see stacked paths and branches, along with visuals that stand out and music that has the pace of a Sonic game. Can't wait to see more of that boss either. I loved Time Twisted, but there were quite a few hiccups and flaws that got in the way, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on what you've done with it since then.

Here's to hoping it plays as good as it looks! Thumbs up Overbound!:aparty:

• 2 weeks later...

Just played the SAGE demo tonight. Very fun game so far. :) Though, to help you improve the game, I have to let you know about the dead end I recently found in your demo. At the very start of Act 3 of Dispot Drive, when I ran to the right side of the screen, the camera didn't follow.

timetwisteddeadend.png

This resulted in me getting stuck. Perhaps to fix this, you should either disable the controls while the title card is visible or enable camera movement even while the title card is visible. This problem only occurs when I move during the title card though, so if I don't move, I can still keep going through the level. Still, it's an issue that I felt needed attention, in case other players try running through the level while the title card is still on-screen.