A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

...oh, right. I didn't notice that was even there because it was toward the bottom of the list. I figured it ended with Alterable Value P.

Anyway, I see what you mean, but what should the code be? I tried copying what Damizean did with the previous engine, but that just shot me off the platform. :E

I think the code should be like this (see the attachment).

I haven't looked into this engine in detail yet, but I suppose you should also place "Moving platforms" group somewhere before "Player control" or so to make it a bit smoother. (It could be also that you have to run that sensor positioning fastloop, but, as I've already said, I haven't looked through it enough to be sure. Damizean should help)

• Like 1

Guest Shadix

How on earth do you get old extensions to load... Pretty much every background lib on SFGHQ has that bloody popup extension. (I'm just playing around with it)

I got my copy of MMF2 today. Apparently I would have had it yesterday but no one was home to sign for it...oh well, express shipping really is fast...and they came on the fourth of July no less o_O.

YAY, GREAT!!! Lets have a party!! Woooooooo!

..Now give me a copy :o you can't reject that smilie.

kidding? Ha ha?

Guest Shadix

If you aren't willing to buy it you aren't willing to commit to making a game and thus this product is not going to solve your game-making problems.

PkR was pretty much right, though I would do it somewhat different

I figured it out after my post :) The sensor repositioning loops are quite useful, but I hadn't checked the whole engine by that time.

If you aren't willing to buy it you aren't willing to commit to making a game and thus this product is not going to solve your game-making problems.

Sorry, but I think you are not right. Some people simply can't afford $350 to buy a computer program. Or at least they can't persuade their parents that this program is going to be useful...

You just made yourself look like an idiot. Congratulations!

Guest Shadix

I'm afraid you are going to have to explain yourself there.

What is up with you anyways, this is the second time in the past 5 minutes (or the first, not sure which post came first) you've been riding my ass without any explaination.

I'm just sick of people pretending that this MMF2 is going to solve all their problems.

I'm just sick of people pretending that this MMF2 is going to solve all their problems.

You could have a look at the new features' list of MMF2. It's really going to solve a lot of problems. Take the Layers system and alpha-channel into account, for example.

It's going to solve my problems at least...

I'm not going to get it right now, since it still might have a lot of bugs that they haven't noticed. MMF had a serious issue that made me lose 3 months of hard work.

I hope I'm wrong about MMF2 though.

Guest Shadix

I did look at the new features and I've played around with the demo a bit. I understand that it solves alot of technical problems, and I am thrilled by some of the issues they've solved (particularly reverting to the old GFX editor, layers, and whatnot), but that is not what I'm getting at.

The "problem" I'm refering to is people's inability to finish their projects.

It still takes some programming knowledge to construct those great engines like Dami's and whatnot, and the complexity of these engines have scared away quite a few people from the fangaming scene. It still takes alot of time and devotion to churn out a quality product.

These are things that are only solved when people get off their ass and devote to learning things and working regardless of whether or not working on it has became boring, and the fact that one is not willing take the loss or their money on the program is just a sign that they probably aren't willing to sacrifice the time and energy required to release a completed product.