A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog // (The Sonic OVA fan game)

P3DR0

No they're not.They're not that bouncy not even in 2006

I mean,srlsy,he was just TURNING HIS HEAD,and his quills bounced like crazy :/

Like the new song,btw

Hmmn, perhaps you are correct on that, but to be honest it seems to flow quite naturally to me. Gives the quills a more "alive" feel. Frankly, I kinda like it. Although it might also be that it's just windy. I mean, look at the sonic CD ending, 1:58 - 2:13, they move quite a bit there.

Though I suppose I can see what you mean, in that it is a bit more movement that usual. Either way, I like that they move a lot, as I said, gives him a more organic feel.

No no no! I'm definitely not against pupil blinking. I'm just pointing out that it needs tweaking. Even in Sonic OVA his pupils turn small dashes. In example of animation P3DRO shown us, Sonic's pupils just shrink and disappear instead of turning even very small dashes.

Ohhhhh, NOW I see what you're talking about, though I had to REALLY look really close to notice it. It is I suppose a little unusual, but it's kinda hard to notice. Most of his blinks look like the classic dashes except for that first one where they do look like they kinda shrink. However, be that as it may, my bad for misinterpreting the meaning of your previous post! =O

Talking about Sonic's Quils,want to say that in Sonic CD/Ova it has more "smooth shape"...like this i think:

sonic_01.jpg

(I know this is not perfect example)

In P3DR0's version them looks like New-gen Sonic and bouncing like Sonic(2006).

And other thing...Sonic CD and OVA different too:

In OVA his quils looks smaller and Sonic taller itself

51AH7KP4RRL.jpg

in that time Sonic CD looks more chibi with long quils:

sonic.jpg

(Btw,his front look always remind me Dragonballz hair style.For Sonic it looks awesome i think))

That's my opinion about it

... Have you been playing Mega Man lately? Because a part of this theme sounds an awfully lot like one of the classic "Get Weapon" themes... Specifically, MM3.

The same feeling)...Someking of mix of MM theme and Flying Battery remix

Squal, I seen your point. But infact, Ive liked that way, makes Sonic more dinamic, don't you think?

But that's ok, we'll change a little the spines, make em more rigid, less bouncy. k?

Streak it used to be fun, like, two years ago...

Sonic: From here on out

I'm still waiting for someone to try making a rhythm based SFG called,

Sonic: Fo' Shizzle My Nizzle!

Now that I've successfully killed any future name humor with the worst joke ever, no more watering down the kool-aid. Seriously, it's starting to taste like generic brand "fruit drink", like they'd shamelessly serve to you at elementary school events.

As for the real reasons for this post, I just wanted to say I -STILL- like the quill movement being ultra exaggerated. Gives it a more "cartoony + organic" feel. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. But you know what? It's P3dro's game. He can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. Well... as long as it doesn't violate Brazilian sexual misconduct laws.

Which is the other thing, a couple people in this topic who will remain quite nameless in this post are bein' a bit pushy. Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying this in any sort of 'official' fashion or anything silly (and retardedly excessive) like that, but don't you guys think P3dro should be able to do whatever he damn well pleases with his game? Regardless of certain aspects that certain people seem to be very vocal about not preferring?

Yes, I know it's awesome and everyone wants it to be as perfect as it can because the game looks so freaking amazing. I get that, I feel ya' there, ya' know? It's hard not to insist on something that would "perfect" it in your eyes when it seems to be a notch away from sublime awesomeness already. But keep in mind it's his game, he and his team can and should do it however they please, regardless of fan commentary. I'm not saying anyone should feel guilty or anything, but I just wanted to point it out, so that y'all can keep it in mind. Not just for this game either of course, but for all of them that our creative talent in this community chooses to kindly share with us all.

• 1 month later...
The design of the loops and enemies of course look like they were made in MMF2's canvas. But that blur effect suggests XNA GDK or another C/C++/C# based programming language. Am I right?
Nope. This is MMF2.
Everything seems cool but the crouch seems a little off...Its creative but why not just make him do his regular crouch?
'Cause this one is more awesome.

Normally, I don't like pre-rendered 3D visuals, but the style of Sonic model avoids smashing head-first into what I hate about said pre-rendered visuals. I hope the stage visuals work just as well.

Also, I still hate the homing attack with a goddamn passion, since I think it has no place whatsoever in 2D Sonic and it is an absolutely crappy and unimaginative move in general, but if the rest of the game is as good as it looks, I'll just put up with it.

If you are going to have a homing attack, for the love of all that is sane game design, don't nerf the player in an attempt to require them to use it and don't rely on tired concepts that have been done to death like SEGA does. If I see one more set of enemies that don't do anything except float and wait to die while conveniently providing the basis of a bridge over an empty hole of death, I think I might go apeshit.