A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog // (The Sonic OVA fan game)

P3DR0

Time to bump it up...

Well, first of all I have some bad news.

Our programmer quited this week. After a couple of months getting excuses to don't program a thing like "To busy at school", he finally came to me and said that he was tired of the maker's life. That's compreensible, I am kinda of upset 'cause he was with me since the very begining of Sonic DL Adventure in 2006.

Without a programmer, the game is kinda paused wich sucks since we have a lot of things ready (graphicaly) and some concepts/musics.

So yeah, we're stucked with a hole team of designers, 3d modelers, compositors... Without a programmer. So if anyone wanna give it a try, can easily PM me and this won't be a problem anymore (just remembering, I'm trying to create an epic game, so if you're an amateur programmer, don't even bother me).

---

I'll show some things that we had done, because blank and sad posts isn't my thing...

First of all, I would like to say that we had created two stories for the game, the first one is the back story and the second one is the story of the game itself. The back story is kinda of too big to be explained on a cutscene so we decided to just mention it ingame and release a one-shot comic explaining it deeply,

So, ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to present you the comic:

QS9c3.png

Well, it's not really the comic, it's just the front cover. But, yeah it's something, I guess.

If you remember, I'd said that we were recreating almost everything on Sonic's universe, the propose of the comic is to tell the back story of this universe wich involves the creation of the chaos emeralds and the origin of Dr. Robotnik. More details should arrive soon. :)

And some other stuff:

Some textures made for the game tiles:

QHKDN.png

Boss Titlecard:

9EyuA.png

(I guess I'd spoil the surprise)

Well, for now that's it I guess. If I find something relevant or cool I shall upload it.

HInjR.png

Also, maybe later I'll upload a video showing the gameplay so far. Nothing fancy since we're a couple months late in the programation aspects, but well, why not, right?

Anyways, I would like to repeat, if you're a programmer and wanna join us, PM and we'll see. Thanks a lot.

That's not actually pretty much.. you should post your video asap.

And a little question: are you going to make all of the boss cards like this one you showed? I mean, "Fang the Sniper" has some letters that coincide with "Fight", but that's just a coincidence... maybe you won't be able to make all of the cards this way.

That's not actually pretty much.. you should post your video asap.
I put some cards on the table, but not all of them. ;-)
And a little question: are you going to make all of the boss cards like this one you showed? I mean, "Fang the Sniper" has some letters that coincide with "Fight", but that's just a coincidence... maybe you won't be able to make all of the cards this way.
If you go back a lil' bit on the topic you'll see another titlecard that I made for Aerial Ambush. That answer your question I guess.

If you go back a lil' bit on the topic you'll see another titlecard that I made for Aerial Ambush. That answer your question I guess.

It doesn't actually... I've seen that one before. I mean, you made the boss titlecard mixing letter from the words "Fight", "Fang" and "Sniper", and that could no be possible with all the boss names.

Oh man, it's a really big bummer that you don't have a programmer to glue all of the pieces together. =/ I'm only really good with MMF2, so all I can do is wish you luck in finding someone worthy.

Aside from that, the new details have me excited. ^_^ I can't wait to see the origin comic when it's ready.

Actually, Strife. I think this is being made in MMF2. So your skills could be of good use here.
Yep, it's MMF2.

Strife. I had saw your skills already and I loved your work (Time Heroes, isn't it?)... If you wanna give it a shot, you're more than welcome. Just pm me with something for us chat (AIM, Skype, MSN, whatever you wish). :)

Hmmm I actually liked it also, besides I wanted to see some level graphics here...

And hey, I dunno, but Sonic looks way to static in his moves to me.

Also why didn't you try messing up with MMF2 a bit? Maybe you can do something by yourself until ou find a new programmer.

• 1 year later...

News

Hello, hello, everyone. As you've probably noticed, I decided to lay low for awhile. But the project isn't dead. Infact is way more alive than ever.

If you follow my Youtube page, you've probably noticed a few videos related to Sonic GDK and if you're smart you'd seen that, even if most of the stuff were random test videos, I wouldn't be putting so much effort into something that I didn't intended to use, of course. So it's with a great honor that I announce that Sonic the Hedgehog will be ported to the Sonic GDK's engine. With new models, new graphics and a way new better look to it.

With a great team of 3D modelers and artists we couldn't be more excited with this. It came at the right time, MMF2 wasn't really dealing great with all we'd planned for the game (Just that small test video that I've posted a few months back could barely play on a mid-end PC... i.e. you would need a PC that could run this generation's games to play a 2D fangame in a limited plataform which MMF2 was for all we'd planned).

So I see you guys in 3D now. More pretty, more awesome, more 'free'.

But I guess that would be unfair to tease you guys and don't give at least nothing to taste, right? Unfortunelly I can't really post screenshots since there isn't nothing presentable, but if you're so desperated for that you can check my test videos on my Youtube page. Instead of that, I'll give you guys a little taste of all the reimaginative stuff that we're planning for this game, introducing new designs to our dearest characters... So here it comes the first official artwork of the game:

crxkQ.jpg

As you can see, we'd mainteined the old feel to the characters so it isn't too weird to play, but at the same time, they all look a little bit fresh and original

That's it for today, folks. Hope you enjoy, and keep in mind that the game isn't dead at all. :3

Wow. Those designs are fantastic! So many people go for gritty, edgier designs these days and keep the characters so similar. It's nice to see such a cartoony, jokey take on things.

The subtle change to Sonics shoes and Tails gloves are surprisingly really fresh. While Sonic and Tails both look pretty snazzy I think the "Dapper as fuck award 2012" has to go to Robotnik for his moustache alone/

I actually cannot wait for this, hoping you have some presentable screenshots soon:)

Love the new designs! Tails looks more mature than usual; I hope he comes across as this geeky engineer-type who always tries to one-up Dr. Robotnik. I did notice that you gave him and Robotnik the same pose. xD

Looking forward to this!

I did notice that you gave him and Robotnik the same pose. xD

The idea behind the pose was to capture that jokey feeling that Sonic 'n Tails had in Sonic OVA. It's actually Tails screwing up with Robotnik, mimicking him and Sonic laughing his ass off.

I think the "Dapper as fuck award 2012" has to go to Robotnik for his moustache alone/
Curly moustaches ftw :3
Also, are those Monkey Island-esque clouds I see?
If you lurk down the thread you'll see that it ain't no secret that Monkey Island has been one of the biggest inspirations for this project for... I guess an year or two already. :3

I was really afraid about the new designs, mostly because people tend to dislike these kind of changes, but it seems that everything went better then expected.