A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1/27/09 Sonic Worlds Release - LATEST (experimental) BUILD

Rael0505

I believe all you have to do is go to View -> Data Elements, then scroll through Sounds until you find the shield sound effect, then click on Extract, and save the sound. Then for your game, you can go to your events list and tell the shield event to play the sound you just saved; it should then show up on the Data Elements sound list.

Oh, and I'll make a .ZIP file for these from now on, Techokami. Thanks for letting me know they weren't working.

[EDIT] Here's the new fix to Sonic Worlds: I've finally stopped the timer so it doesn't keep counting up and messing with the total score at the end of the level. Also, I had to alter the Lightning Shield again so it went out in water.

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009totalscorexzip/;13368383;/fileinfo.html

Hopefully, this one works.

I believe all you have to do is go to View -> Data Elements, then scroll through Sounds until you find the shield sound effect, then click on Extract, and save the sound. Then for your game, you can go to your events list and tell the shield event to play the sound you just saved; it should then show up on the Data Elements sound list.

The shield's appearing sound works now. Although, it still works like an ordinary shield. Any thoughts?

Did you copy the Protection Shield's counter to your game before you ported over the shield's events? Check to see if the counter is missing from the Protection Shield's list of events. That might be what's causing it to function like a regular shield.

Usually, when you port something over, you should copy all the items related to it to your build before porting over the events, so it will work correctly. I've made the mistake of not doing that before, when I ported the Flickies over to Appo's SW build and only one animal appeared; it was because I forgot to port over its counter.

Did you copy the Protection Shield's counter to your game before you ported over the shield's events? Check to see if the counter is missing from the Protection Shield's list of events. That might be what's causing it to function like a regular shield.

Usually, when you port something over, you should copy all the items related to it to your build before porting over the events, so it will work correctly. I've made the mistake of not doing that before, when I ported the Flickies over to Appo's SW build and only one animal appeared; it was because I forgot to port over its counter.

Counter... Is that the purple number(s), or something else? Maybe that's the problem. :P I assure I copied the shield, the shield's flash, the icon, the monitor, the number's icon and the numbers.

They all freeze here:

[qimg]http://holenet.info/junks/please_upload_in_a_zip_file.png[/qimg]

Please reupload inside ZIP files. Or is there a specific reason why everyone contributing is avoiding making smaller downloads?

All freezing at 647kb and the files are from multiple different sources? Thats indicative of a problem with your internet service provider.

Look at the shields properties. The Shield number should be 5.

You're going to have at all the hazards in the current engine. I'd modified them a bit.

The shield's properties don't show any number.

What's in the hazards?

@ Blue Emerald: If there isn't any counter except the purple number, then yes, I have all objects.

Wait, can this all be because of my MMF2 version? I don't think it's old, but I haven't noticed any new build.

True Blue: It could be. I guess it depends on whether or not you have it set to automatically check for updates. Also, check to see that, when the shield's monitor icon's "destroyed motion" reaches 64, the shield image is set to layer 3, Shield is set to 5, and Protection is set to 4.

...You know, I think your main problem is that you didn't port over the "Safety Shield Monitor" and the "Safety Monitor Icon" events. Look for those two event categories in the Worlds build; they should be under "Azu's Additions," which should be close to the end of the list in the Event Editor. I'm guessing you probably didn't port those over yet. If you find them, port them over, and everything should be fine. :)

In the meantime, I've noticed something while working with Worlds today: I discovered that groups of freed animals were sometimes double-jumping in midair. If anyone is using the latest upload of Worlds, in order to fix this problem, all you have to do is go to the "Collisions" group of events in the Flickies category and split the event under Collisions into two parts -- each part should be for the specific animal.

In other words, go to Flickies -> Step -> Collisions, and replace Group.73 with an animal. This should fix the double-jumping problem.

True Blue: It could be. I guess it depends on whether or not you have it set to automatically check for updates. Also, check to see that, when the shield's monitor icon's "destroyed motion" reaches 64, the shield image is set to layer 3, Shield is set to 5, and Protection is set to 4.

...You know, I think your main problem is that you didn't port over the "Safety Shield Monitor" and the "Safety Monitor Icon" events. Look for those two event categories in the Worlds build; they should be under "Azu's Additions," which should be close to the end of the list in the Event Editor. I'm guessing you probably didn't port those over yet. If you find them, port them over, and everything should be fine. :)

sigh...

Everything is already in its right place. I have copied all shield events in Azu's Editions, and still nothing. I'll later check if MMF2 lets me update.

I have the Build R247 in my MMF2. I don't think I need an update so that the shield works well.

Please, give me a hand. Is there any alterable/global value I need to look at in any object, other than the "Set Shield to #"?

EDIT: Something very weird has happened. I destroyed the shield's monitor, I got it, then I destroyed the Super Sonic's monitor, I turned into him, then I walked through one of the enemies. I could hear the sound of the flash as I touched it, but I couldn't see it. Afterwards, I tried to walk through that same enemy with the Protection Shield and as regular Sonic. It happened the same it always happens, the shield disappeared, the deep sound played and Sonic played the animation of when he loses a shield or the rings. Isn't it weird?

Oh, and when I'm Super Sonic, the enemies don't get destroyed like he was with the invincibility. I assume that's because I have an older build of SW.

I hope this information has helped.

I have the Build R247 in my MMF2. I don't think I need an update so that the shield works well.

Please, give me a hand. Is there any alterable/global value I need to look at in any object, other than the "Set Shield to #"?

EDIT: Something very weird has happened. I destroyed the shield's monitor, I got it, then I destroyed the Super Sonic's monitor, I turned into him, then I walked through one of the enemies. I could hear the sound of the flash as I touched it, but I couldn't see it. Afterwards, I tried to walk through that same enemy with the Protection Shield and as regular Sonic. It happened the same it always happens, the shield disappeared, the deep sound played and Sonic played the animation of when he loses a shield or the rings. Isn't it weird?

Oh, and when I'm Super Sonic, the enemies don't get destroyed like he was with the invincibility. I assume that's because I have an older build of SW.

For Super Sonic, you probably have to set Invincibility to 1; I haven't opened MMF2 yet, so I can't say for sure, but try that out.

You have to make the events for the enemies to be destroyed on contact. Look in the enemies group and make the events so that the ones you want can be destroyed by invincibility.

Like: (Mask is overlapping enemy1 + Invincibility = 1) Destroy enemy 1.

That simple.

EDIT: The invincibility is built in on Super Sonic, so you just have to set up the above.

Both the above posts: I was gonna think about that later, but thanks. Right now, I'm more worried with the shield. There must be something we haven't figured out yet. Why did I hear the flash's sound, but didn't see it? Why did it only work when I was Super Sonic and had the shield invisible at the same time?

Sorry for having so many questions.

Um... Talking about glitches in SW, I think they're common for old builts of MMF2. I use the Built R239 (pirate, must say) and the lastest version just glitches in fullscreen or when resized, and some Sound events just don't appear (SW just closes when I try to run them, and MMF2 closes too when I try to change most part of them).

Tell me if am I wrong.

Make sure you have OGG Vorbis codecs installed.

Anyway, I got a fix for the rings coming up soon.

In the rings event, add the following on the event the player mask collides with the rings,

On Loop "Rings"

Set Alt Z to

LoopIndex("Rings")

On Loop "Rings.move"

Set Alt Z to

LoopIndex("Rings.move")

Under the always event, or make a new one, add the following actions.

Always - Set [Rings] Spread Value of Z to 0

Set Loop to "Rings", set number of loops to "Nobjects("Rings")

Set [Ring_movings] Spread Value of Z to 0

Set Loop to "Rings.move", set number of loops to "Nobjects("Rings_moving")

That should pretty much fix it. I'll post pictures and stuff later.

What you're doing is giving rings there indiviual IDs.

If you're going to fix the problem with ring collection by using a fast loop Azu, then you should really use the 'infinite' method.

In other words, set the loop to run -1 times. You'd then do your normal things with the exception that if no rings are overlapping the mask, stop the loop. This way, the loop only runs for the amount of rings overlapping the mask rather than through every existing ring in the stage.