A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1/27/09 Sonic Worlds Release - LATEST (experimental) BUILD

Rael0505

The running on the ceiling might be what's causing it, because even when I translate your events over to the latest build, nothing improves.

Hmmm.... very strange. I might just move the Flickies and the special stage over to your build and see what happens.

[EDIT] Special Stage wasn't in the Flickies build, but I did move the title card and Flickies over to Appo's build and the slides and underwater jumping work fine. This means that there was definitely something that was altered in the player's physics after Appo completed the build, and it might just be the running-on-ceiling gimmick. Anywho, I'll be uploading the new build shortly.

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009UWWSfixmfa/;13284634;/fileinfo.html

Here it is. Enjoy.

So this means there's only two things left to do. One is this issue I found with the pressure switch. Once you place the block on the switch, the door goes up; but if you go back to the place where the door is, it'll rise some more, and will continue to do so every time you look back at the door. I'm led to believe that this has something to do with a camera-related event.

The second one is another game mechanic that I feel has been missed: score combos. Remember how you could keep racking up points in the old games if you kept destroying things in spin position? The score would rise from 100 to 200 to 500 to 1000, and then you'd keep scoring 1000 points for each Badnik/object you destroyed. An easily identifiable example of this would be in Marble Zone and Hill Top Zone. I believe I could give this one a try.

Important double-post!

It works! The combo points are fully functional! Also, I fixed the small problem in the Flickies section that kept the Flickies in the latest build from randomizing (I just forgot to port over the counter XD). There's only one small issue with this, and that's if Sonic hits two enemies at once, it counts as 200 points instead of 100+200. I don't think it's that big of a deal, though, since I don't recall Sonic ever hitting two enemies at once in the Genesis games.

Anyway, I'll upload the new build soon; I think you're going to enjoy this.

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009combopointsmfa/;13298547;/fileinfo.html

Here it is, broskis! As always, enjoy!

2/16/09

So, here's the list of things I believe we've still left to do:

-Fix the pressure switch camera event

-Fix player's death animation so they don't just fall down from drowning or being crushed

-Reduce the strength of the Lightning Shield's magnetic pull, and add elasticity to magnetized rings

-Wait to activate the Game Over screen until player is no longer seen in the window

-(I'll be fixing this one) Stop the time counter so it doesn't add extra points to the time bonus at the end of the act [2/25/09 FIXED]

I've also heard Azu is working on a cannon gimmick for Worlds, so we may be seeing that in the near future. Overall, things are really shaping up for this engine. :)

[EDIT] OK, so I know what's happening with the time bonus counter; whenever the victory sample isn't playing, it gets to add more points to the time bonus again. The only remedy I can find for this right now is either if the victory theme is a music track instead of a sample, or I find some way to say that once the time bonus has appeared, the counter can't change the score.

I'll see what else I can do with this.

Well I said that would help, because I will help, (but not with Knuckles), I'm putting the spikeBall of Sonic1, Spring yard zone, was a friend of mine who taught me to do that because then half the credits for it.

I hope you enjoy.

PS: I used to be that the SW Blue emerald posted here.

Pss:My friend is called zenor, I do not know if it is the same as before helped with the SW.

http://www.4shared.com/file/88775790/fd8666f1/sonicworlds2009UWWSfix.html

Well I said that would help, because I will help, (but not with Knuckles), I'm putting the spikeBall of Sonic1, Spring yard zone, was a friend of mine who taught me to do that because then half the credits for it.

I hope you enjoy.

PS: I used to be that the SW Blue emerald posted here.

Pss:My friend is called zenor, I do not know if it is the same as before helped with the SW.

http://www.4shared.com/file/88775790/fd8666f1/sonicworlds2009UWWSfix.html

Meh, I guess somebody is bumping...

I'm having some trouble with Protection Shield. I'm passing the stuff I like from this new version of Worlds to my game, which is in an earlier version. I'm having the care to notice the possible differences between the events of this Shield's monitor and the other ones. I've copy-pasted both shield objects, the gauge, the monitor and the icon. When I try it out, everything goes well, except that the icon doesn't stop rising, therefore, never disappears, therefore, the shield doesn't appear. Any idea what can be wrong? Am I missing something in the events?

@ Blue Emerald, if you import the roof running everything still works so i don't know why those problems occured.

Anyhow maybe next week or the week after i'll try and fix things that people have suggested like using variables instead of counters and disabling events when there not needed etc, i'm just a bit busy with other things at the mo

Appo, please label your events with your name in the group. I was searching all through out the engine and couldn't find your code for running on the ceiling. I had to go back and import some stuff for from a previous build.

Anyway, the cannon gimmick will be up later this week. I guess.Depends on homework.

Did you copy the events to your engine? If so, you have to go back and re add the sounds. That is a issue with TGF and MMF.

For that, I think I won't have a problem. Unless I can't find the option. :P

I'm more concerned about the functioning of the shield. It doesn't protect Sonic, it disappears as a normal shield and when it gets hit, the flash doesn't come out.

Here's what I did:

1. I copied all objects related to the Protection Shield (Shield, Flash, Monitor, Icon, Purple number and Gauge Icon).

2. I copied all events related (Monitor, Monitor Icon and Shield).

3. On the events, instead of Alterable Value "Shield" being 5, I set it to 7 everywhere I saw it was necessary.

4. Then, seeing I had some trouble, I went here to ask, which took me back to copy some remaining events on "Azu's Editions".

5. As I copied everything, I placed everything in the respective group (icon events in the icon's group, etc.)

Currently, the shield appears, no sound, and everything works except the protection part: no flash coming from the shield when it gets hit, and it only lasts one hit, disappearing and making the same sound every other shield makes when hit (you know...).

They all freeze here:

please_upload_in_a_zip_file.png

Please reupload inside ZIP files. Or is there a specific reason why everyone contributing is avoiding making smaller downloads?

Look at the shields properties. The Shield number should be 5.

You're going to have at all the hazards in the current engine. I'd modified them a bit.

Sorry I keep having questions.

I can't find the hazards part or the number of the shield on the properties.

How do I pass a sound from one file to another? I already found the place where I can see them. It's on the View Menu. Just don't know what to do next.