A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1/27/09 Sonic Worlds Release - LATEST (experimental) BUILD

Rael0505

Wouldn't pick one of work better if used after the overlapping event?

That's how I usually do it, so it only picks between the objects that are within the overlap check.

@Azu:

Action is <> 8

Action is <> 9

[Object_Ring] is overlapping [PlayerMask]

Pick one of [Object_Ring]

Only reason to use the pick one btw is because sometimes the overlap can be over more than one ring, so you only want to get one at a time so that your amount of rings add up correctly.

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009flickiesbeamfa/;13215760;/fileinfo.html

Well, I tried my best to create an effect that releases Flickies when Badniks are destroyed, and it's currently produced subpar results. I can't seem to get the Flicky to hop up and then fly off, and I haven't yet figured out a way to produce a random animal from the Badniks.

If anyone wants to try their hand at pefecting this, I'd appreciate it very much.

I haven't tried using counters yet, though it sounds better than trying to create a random-integer command with Alterable Values.

Of course, I'll probably plan on using two counters (therefore eating up more space in the engine): one for the random animal appearance, and one for the animal's initial left-or-right movement.

I'll give it a shot, but I still can't seem to get the freed animation to play before the animal starts moving. What would I be missing/doing wrong in this situation?

Recoded your example; uploading it and will post a link shortly.

Edit: Sorry if I just kinda came in and programmed over your attempt. i-i I just did it out of random impulse probably because I haven't had the chance to program in awhile.

http://jsonicserver.no-ip.org/files/60/SonicWorlds/sonicworlds2009flickies.mfa

Edit2: Realized that I should have used a simple overlap check rather than the check I used for the flicky. If used, make sure that you change that condition ( for efficiency ).

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009flickiesbeamfa/;13215760;/fileinfo.html

Well, I tried my best to create an effect that releases Flickies when Badniks are destroyed, and it's currently produced subpar results. I can't seem to get the Flicky to hop up and then fly off, and I haven't yet figured out a way to produce a random animal from the Badniks.

If anyone wants to try their hand at pefecting this, I'd appreciate it very much.

Create a random integer between 1 and the number of different animal types you want to make. Then use a that number = n (n being the number associated with the animal) condition as part of your creation event. When done, reset the counter to zero. That last step probably isn't necessary in most of the possible approaches to this problem.

OK, so I did what you guys told me; I made a counter and told it to reset when the animal appeared. This works fine. There's just one new issue that's come up; every now and then, usually when Sonic kills a Badnik an frees an animal while another animal is in midair, it'll fuse the animals together. How do I get this fixed?

flickyfusion.png

Here's what it looks like so you can see what I mean.

Create a random integer between 1 and the number of different animal types you want to make. Then use a that number = n (n being the number associated with the animal) condition as part of your creation event. When done, reset the counter to zero. That last step probably isn't necessary in most of the possible approaches to this problem.

Haha! I beat you to it! Finally, a victory for me!

I had another go at fixing that fusion glitch. It's one persistent son-of-a-Badnik. I even tried branching off the counters so the animals would be reacting to two separate counters, and not even that worked. I don't get what's going on. How can I get these animals to stop fusing?

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009flickiesmfa/;13254222;/fileinfo.html

Here. If anyone knows what's going on, I've uploaded the file for them to investigate.

I had another go at fixing that fusion glitch. It's one persistent son-of-a-Badnik. I even tried branching off the counters so the animals would be reacting to two separate counters, and not even that worked. I don't get what's going on. How can I get these animals to stop fusing?

http://files.filefront.com/sonicworlds2009flickiesmfa/;13254222;/fileinfo.html

Here. If anyone knows what's going on, I've uploaded the file for them to investigate.

Done.

Just replace your flickie code with mine.

flickies.mfa

Your problem was that you were using actions like this:

if value A (Group.73)=1 then

"rabbit">set X to "posX (group.73)"

You cannot set rabbit's values to group.73's vaues. In that situation MMF won't understand what object to handle.

Examples:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1079&stc=1&d=1234382967

P.S. And if something goes wrong in MMF 2 and you can't understand why, DON'T BITCH AT MMF. In 99% of cases it's YOUR fault.

post-359-13863976309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

P.S. And if something goes wrong in MMF 2 and you can't understand why, DON'T BITCH AT MMF. In 99% of cases it's YOUR fault.

The 1% being the lovely glitch with combining loop triggers and certain actions within the same event. i-i

Edit: And qualifier against qualifier handling; that too.

Ok, In 97%. Because MMF goes glitchy when you try to mix fastloop and angle changing or when you try to mix alpha channeled objects and replace color expressions.

I'm pointing this out witch hopefully will help future releases. It may be my computer, or I don't have the current build in MMF2 yet, but in this current build of Sonic worlds, I get stuck when I'm in the water. I have to press jump MULTIPLE TIMES just to get unstuck, and that is pretty bad.