A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

AHH I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME FOR THE MEGAMAN ART BOOK. I started this a few hours ago time to go to bed. I'll end up doing the final lines + colours tomorrow because its deadline is Monday. I hope I make it into the book :<. Also yes I chose Aile because Aile owned Vent and female megamens and stuff like that. Don't judge me damnit.

test2.jpg

Still heavy WIP and shit. Here have some other crappy art/sketches too:

ddfdsfd.jpg

Joisavampire.jpg

Solstice.jpg

that last one looks a bit like Deoxys from Pokemon :P

what graphics tablet are you using btw? I'm still using the same graphire 3 I've had since 2003 and am thinking of upgrading.

oooh and what program are you using? lines look very opencanvas like but i'm not sure.

I have a Intuos 3 :). I hear good things about the Intuos 4 though.

As for the program I use something called Paint Tool Sai, I personally like the lines on it better than Open Canvas. When doing fine details I find they still come out great looking so I swear by that program now for lines.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing too substantial, just a couple sketches basically:

wipp1.jpg

First page WIP for the enterVOID heavyweight tournament. I don't expect to make it far, since its a lot of the veterans and solid artists who far eclipse me competing, but I've started it anyway.

Aile.jpg

My art book entry for a MM contest...however this is NOT the final image. The final one was coloured, and yes the leg is a bit odd looking but I had to throw it all together in a day. Also those are pencils not inks, of which I cleaned up a little bit in photoshop to colour under. My avatar kind of has a bit of the coloured copy in it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another VOID tourney going on. I'll link to it because I managed to finish it but it really isn't representative of what I know I can do =/. I did it in 2 days pretty much. The WIP bluelined BG up above I had drawn the weekend when the tournament started but didn't do anything else until the last 48 hours essentially.

http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=3654

then I did a piece of sketch giftart for a dude over at WFA:

ForEin.jpg

He had designed this elite unit of soldiers to use on the site and so I felt inclined to draw them. I ended up throwing a couple chicks in there cause all he had designed were dudes and I COULD NOT LET THAT STAND hahaha. Anyway I felt like drawing more after that so I took the one I made up with red hair you see the backside of in that pic and drew her outside of one of the faction's dams I guess. I was bored and made a mock screen cap even if the aspect ratio.

screencap-1.jpg

So yeah just doodles pretty much. Oh, also I made it to round 2 for this VOID heavyweight and started on pages:

Page1-15.jpg

So that is page 1 right there and I'm currently lining page 2. I'll probably line up to page 10 (or to whenever I feel like I am getting bored) and then start colouring a mass amount of pages. This battle is gonna be intense, 20 pages to do and I've got a 6 page battle sequence amongst a falling tower between two super powered folk. Its gonna be fucking awesome I hope! Since I'm fighting a good friend in this tournament right now i'm pretty pumped.

Thanks for taking a look!

• 1 month later...

Its been a while. Have some comic battle pages, random sketches, and other junk!

WFAPAGE1f.jpg

WFApage2f.jpg

WFApage3f.jpg

Old October 2010 pages of a WFA battle, cycle 2. My opponent drew up part 1 and part 3, and my computer failed on me for part 4 so there are no pages that exist like that.

A few choice pages out of my most recent VOID battle

Page8.jpg

Page11.jpg

Page1.jpg

Page3.jpg

2 week deadline really hurt me hard here on top of having to do finals. I couldn't finish all 15 pages to a satisfactory result and have since retconned these events from my characters history on the site, or plan to anyway.

JACKBOOKnht.jpg

Gurren-Lagann esque art book picture for WFA's art book they are putting together.

Sketches:

pchat.jpg

pchat2.jpg

Not all the characters on there are mine. Generally just Luna, Arc, Thirds and Man Bear are .

sketches1-1.jpg

The bottom right turned into:

catgirlimp2.jpg

And now I have finally picked myself up here and started working on Badwolf on 11x17 paper . Here is a work in progress of page 3, I currently have about 6 other pages pencilled out in blue right now. I am aiming for a May release, but I do have a LOT of school work to contend with...

TEST-8.jpg

Since it is being drawn on 11x17 paper so I have to scan in two parts. This was just a test to see if I could cleanly convert my pencils into inks via photoshop, and sure enough they were clean enough to do it. To prove that these are pencils and not inks:

test1-4.png

There is half of the page. Its sideways cause I had to scan it in like that and didn't correct the individual scans. The curves tool in photoshop is sweeeeeeeet. Oh and yeah, that is the same wolf girl as before but I radically switched things up. Now this comic has a wackload more characters, set in a desert wasteland, has gigantic prison city fortresses that MOVE. Gunfire, motorbike fights and phallic laser beam canons all await. Yeah its pretty crazy, I'm just basically doing whatever the hell I want with it and throwing believability out of the window for the sake of a few cheap laughs and lots of action :P

I've got way more shitty drawings everywhere. I'd REALLY like to scan some of my gestural drawings and stuff from life drawing classes but they are too huge and I do not have an awesome camera to photograph stuff with :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dudes :D!

Anyway here is some stuff that I've started for my current fight on WFA. They are a bit rushed, I only started them 2 days ago lol and I'm really busy:

VSBENP1bw.jpg

VSBENP2-1.jpg

VSBENP3-1.jpg

VSBENP4-1.jpg

I did from page 2 to page 4 (so far) within the last 5 hours so they're a tad rushed. I probably won't get to toning. Also this isn't the first part of the story, my opponents awesome comic is the first part to this. WFA operates in cycles unlike VOID, so artists take turns.

And here are some ink sketches of random stuff in my sketchbook:

sketches-4.png

sketches2-3.png

This one is pencil and my scanner horribly botched it but it was just a drawing I did in life drawing that I tried to stylize some to mixed results:

BACKGROUND2.png

lol1.jpg

oldpeople and stuff

JACKIELANTERN.jpg

Just some character lol.

1774dc4bbeb2d2dd3547da2af73b9e71-d3g18br.jpg

Crappy Sonic sketch I did in my sketchbook the other day that I decided to quickly scan and colour in class when I had a few minutes extra to spare.

6f78215f75d5ef8cc31cf2104fc6aa7d-d3g18ri.png

Some fire dude. He is gonna be my next character I model in 3D

Fun times!

Its been a while since I've posted music so here is a new track that I just started yesterday:

Aurora

Still really rough around the edges but w/e. I find it really hard to make music right now, my speakers are not the best and my headphones are busted =/. I still need to get around to uploading the old R1 stuff from Spectrum as well as Signals, two 'albums' I made in 2009 and 2010.

I also have more tracks up in the albums of Demos: Which you can find here. Lots of stuff I probably won't finish lol.

And here is MORE stuff I won't finish that either sucked really bad or never even made it far enough to be worth something: The Supercrap release

I've also been toying with a fake album so far to go with that fish girl game idea from ages ago that I tinker with on and off all the time :D. Its kind of got a PSO influence in ways because I really like the dark eery atmosphere of that games tracks. You can listen to two early versions of the tracks here The first track is pretty much near completion I just gotta make it loop better. The second one is still a ways off.

Not all of this music is new lol. Some is pretty old stuff I just haven't posted.