A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

Seems I worded my post (from the last page) wrong. I was talking about this comment I found on TSSZ the other week. :E

Ignore reviews and comments; it looks amazing to me; better than Sonic 3 & Knuckles. C’mon; remember that excited feeling inside you got when you watched the trailers? The wonderful graphics, blistering speed. THIS GAME IS THE ULTIMATE SONIC GAME!!! DON’T LOSE HOPE PEOPLE!

SONIC FOREVER!!!

Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

The werewolf thing is still bugging me. I want SEGA to get that out of the way already. I honestly wouldn't mind playing that video. It looks fairly fun, if at least fun to watch. However I also want to see some stuff from the Wii/PS2 version, since thats probably what I'll be stuck with for awhile.
Its a warehog! :SonicWait2: Anyway I think its going to be a cool game! :SonicRun:

Its a warehog! :SonicWait2: Anyway I think its going to be a cool game! :SonicRun:

It's spelled 'werehog', it's not a hog stored in warehouses... Also, I don't care if it's official, the name 'werehog' would imply Sonic turning into a pig, not a wolf-like creature. The only reason it's a 'werehog' is because Sega decided it was witty.

Oh, yeah, sorry for feeding the troll everyone...

C’mon; remember that excited feeling inside you got when you watched the trailers? The wonderful graphics, blistering speed.[/Quote]

No, no I don't. You sure this dude wasn't talking about the preview vids for Sonic Next that I'm not even sure ended up being in the game..

*plays Sonic Unleashed demo for 360 that was released since the 8th and finishes it to find that it's only 1 level.*

Well, I actually find this game good! I mean, it's not "TEH BEST GAEM IN TEH WHOLE WERLD!!!" but good in my opinion. But, I do think there were some bad parts...

The controls feel a little stiff when running fast. Like I'm trying to follow a path of rings and I miss a few here and there. Also, I hate how some things in the level design makes Sonic slow down if you don't avoid it... (Cracks in the ground...)

But, that's only the half of my "mini-review". Has yet I have to try the Werehog. (as the demo does not have it.) So, yeah... OK demo, people who are not sure try the demo to see if you like it...

*plays Sonic Unleashed demo for 360 that was released since the 8th and finishes it to find that it's only 1 level.*

Well, I actually find this game good! I mean, it's not "TEH BEST GAEM IN TEH WHOLE WERLD!!!" but good in my opinion. But, I do think there were some bad parts...

The controls feel a little stiff when running fast. Like I'm trying to follow a path of rings and I miss a few here and there. Also, I hate how some things in the level design makes Sonic slow down if you don't avoid it... (Cracks in the ground...)

But, that's only the half of my "mini-review". Has yet I have to try the Werehog. (as the demo does not have it.) So, yeah... OK demo, people who are not sure try the demo to see if you like it...

You know, trying the first level of Sonic Heroes, I thought it was going to be a pretty cool game. Trying the first level of Sonic 2006, I thought, "Hey, maybe this isn't as bad as people knock it for". Trying the first level of every Sonic Advance game and even Sonic Rush was fun. You know what the problem with Sonic games are? The other X number of levels. Any kind of review, mini or not, is worthless when it's based on one level. No, I take that back. That kind of review is less than worthless, it's downright poisonous.

Also, the Sonic Adventure demo that was released on that DC demo disc. I played that up until I finally got the cash to buy SA.

Wasn't aware of this. I'll probably just wait until I get back to school to try it out.

You know, trying the first level of Sonic Heroes, I thought it was going to be a pretty cool game.

Wait wait, what made you flip 360, then? The first level's hardly different from the rest of the game, if you ask me, and Team Dark's gameplay from the demo was a fair indication early on of how superficial and obnoxious the differences between playable characters would be...

The first level was way better than the rest of the game because its design was whole and complete. It actually felt like one big area, while almost all the other levels were just floating blocks in the middle of nowhere. If they had kept it up with the rest of the game (as they had in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2) it would have been much better than it was.

Also, the harder levels were just fucking annoying. You can't get a taste of that from just the first level.

I have to agree. I was pretty hooked on the Sonic Heroes demo and loved Seaside Hill. When I had the game for a while and played the last stages a couple of times...I thought to myself "hmm I don't think this game is actually that great anymore." I couldn't bring myself to A-Rank everything because it just wasn't fun, not to mention one time when I was about to finish a Mystic Mansion run and glitched into the water at the end or something and died in front of the goal ring. ;-;

Haven't been able to play Unleashed yet due to my 360 being out of commission, but I'll probably give the demo a whirl later on...random input: I heard Eggmanland takes forever to complete.