A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

Too few audio clips for a given situation.

I hate hearing the same damned audio clip over and over whenever a particular situation recurs in a game. It doesn't matter if it's just a confirming beep - in that case' date=' it should always be the same sound, so it sends the same cue to the player - but if it's a person speaking, it gets annoying very fast. I was the audio/video producer for Madden NFL Football for many years, so I've been guilty of this one myself on occasion. We had a limited amount of recording time with Mr. Madden each year, so we couldn't record everything we wanted. The audio script for Madden NFL Football was typically about 75 pages long, and I would have written twice that much if I could.

If you're going to have voice clips associated with particular situations ("I'm hit!" and so on), then record a lot of them. My own rule of thumb is that there should never be fewer than five audio clips for any situation, even the rarest; and for common events there should be at least two dozen or so. You don't always have to record completely different sentences; sometimes the same sentence delivered with a slightly different emphasis will do. In the game, have the software keep a list of them and choose one at random to play when the situation calls for it, then mark it off the list. The next time the situation arises, choose at random from the remaining ones, and so on. When you've run through them all, reset the list except for the most recently played clip. That way the players will never hear the same clip twice in a row.

[/quote']

Sonic Team never learns....

Where were you guys two pages ago?

Where were you when Ashura posted the direct link to the video >\

Everyone wanted to feel special. Sorry man. The intro was just that damn epic.

We'll find out soon enough if the game holds up. It looks boring, but that might be in some strange twist of fate the thing that makes it good. I remember with 06 I thought it played good from the videos, with the mach speed sections being incredibly radical and whatnot, but it didn't. Lets hope for SEGA's tendency of things being the opposite of what they are presented as prevails.

It won't be Sonic in the traditional sense, but this game could become a convincing Time Attack game ala NiGHTs or maybe Sonic CD. (easy to play, difficult to master)

NOW IT'S DEFINITELY BACK TO THE ROOTS BECAUSE HE SAID SO

I come bearing information.

For you 360 owners: http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=22&l=en&JeuID=437 is a list of the achievements. There's a stage called Eggmanland! And you can eat hot dogs and other food! I'm more interested in that than the rest of the game. And some great references in the achievement titles. (why this game?)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42535.html shows the first stage we saw in Africa. It's funny because it's supposed to be called Mazuri, but GT spelled it "Missouri". Oh and the guy talking in the video says the homing attack originated in "Sonic World Adventure" (which is this game in Japan). I love the direction this series is taking!

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-unleased-is-what-loyal-fans-want--111295.phtml

Hashimoto also admits that he agrees with the critical battering that Sonic has had over the years: "I think the fans' evaluations are fair. I often read the forums run by Sonic fans on a routine basis. I hardly feel any discomfort from their comments. I often find myself rather agreeable to them. I believe that Sonic Unleashed will be accepted by many of the Sonic fans."

Since Hashimoto is reading this:

Sonic isn't supposed to be a werewolf, we don't want any more annoying friends, and I think you're gay.

Fix those things please.

I hardly feel any discomfort from their comments. I often find myself rather agreeable to them. I believe that Sonic Unleashed will be accepted by many of the Sonic fans.

L O L

Maybe it will be accepted, that is if there's a way to play the game without using the Werewolf even once (I doubt that, but oh well...)

Since that's not happening, it's recommended that you stop dreaming, dude.