A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shadow The Hedgehog 2 - SAGE'09 Demo!

Cstyler

Funny you should talk about atmosphere cause I noticed the demo is very cinematic for a 2D Sonic fan game. That's not something you see often in a fan game that doesn't have proper, story-based cut-scenes (AKA the sort of stuff in the old Sonic The Fated Hour demos and Sonic Time Attacked). You should definately build on that cause its' the demos strongest point in my eyes. I've played through the demo quite a few times since last night and I'm really looking forward to the next release. It would be nice to actually complete a stage in the next demo!

Some plot's spoilers are here...

... And with rising of the "Black Sun" there will be seven bright stars in the sky,

Under which impact nobody will resist...

The ancient race doomed to capture the galaxy is in one step from the absolute control over the Universe. And only one essence can prevent it... The Dark hero becomes the Earth protector again... But who is he: a hero or a victim?

Shadow's role is not less important, than role of Black Doom. In Shadow's blood, there is the key to accident of universal scale and triumph of the "Black Sun".

The organism, being the reason of suffering of many civilizations, is near to awakening...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some words about current status of the project.

Game is now powered by Felik's custom 360-engine. It is more advanced and contains many cool features.

Also, I decided to change design of some levels. Colony Ark, for example:

43a6b754ea452f80cb004596fcf7c967.png

Not too sure that style will work in a Sonic game. It doesn't really allow you to include loops which means the game will literally be a load of platforms of varying heights.

Maybe he would have some levels in this new style, and some in the regular 2D style. It would definitely be something that I don't think has been seen in a Sonic fan game before.

He actually is going to seperate levels into such "fighting" areas and everyone's favorite loop-de-loop areas. It will be something like Sonic Rush's transition between "level" areas and "minigame" areas... sort of.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...