A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaotix RPG Sprite Project

[qimg]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LarkSS/SFGHQ%20Forum%20Pics/KnuxHat2.png[/qimg]

I would've posted it earlier, but SFGHQ wouldn't load. It's been happening to me a couple times today and it's getting extremely annoying. =/

The same thing has been happening to me...

Sprite looks good, I'd shade the hat a bit more and where Knuckles' face is shadowed. (yes I know you said you pasted it there as an example)

By thin, how do you mean?

See, your sprite is just the pulseman sprite with advance shading, i made mine so it's the same size as the SA sprites (sonic, specifically), so i kinda need to know what to do >__>;

Yes thats the problem, Pulseman is taller than Sonic. I would also prefer Advance shading on Genesis sprites, that way no-one can complain of the character looking dodgy or "wrong". Custom poses are fine but entirely custom sprites may look out of place, of course if you can make your sprites perfect then they'll be accepted but I'd rather you shade Genesis sprites in Advance style.

The same thing has been happening to me...

Sprite looks good, I'd shade the hat a bit more and where Knuckles' face is shadowed. (yes I know you said you pasted it there as an example)

Alrighty then. I added quite a bit of shading to the hat, but it's very light. I have a problem with making the shading too light and using too many different shades. I'll fix that up right away, change the shoe color, and add shading to knuckles face from the hat. But first, I think I'll get a bite to eat.

...After someone (not someone2040) posted this at MFZ-

vector.png

vectorbattle.png

This is a PRIME example of what I DON'T want for this project. Rushed sprites that look like they've taken several minutes tops, and stolen sprites made by someone else, poorly put together to form a sheet.

This is why I like the people helping on this forum, everything I get is quality and people take the time to correct any mistakes they've made. Keep up the good work guys! :)

I saw Shadowsfollower's sprites on MFZ, and here is my rant about them:

That Super Sonic and Super Shadow-

The Super was STOLEN from Joe the edchinafox (I should know, he revamped it multiple times and that was his first revamp.) And the Super Shadow is edited from those stolen sprites. >:o

Don't accept them, PLEASE! For Joe, I advise you not to use that Super Sonic/Shadow or he might think you made them and go into a rant about 'You need permission to use my sheet' and stuffz. He did that to me when I made some Hyper Sonic battle sprites, why would he let you off?

Really? I used the same color that was for Knuckles' yellow strip. I guess it is true that STM didn't make his yellow parts too bright... Thanks for the comment Rael, I'll work on that right now.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Done. ( The top one is the bright version ( Included for comparison ) )

STMKnucklesMapWIP.png

STMKnucklesMapWIP2.png

Is it better or is it too bright/dark?

Much better, *edits first post*

Oh and for anyone who hasn't seen STM or wants to see it again-

Sonic The Movie part #1

All of the parts are there, it's a good way to get references.

Since the movie is no longer in production this IS legal.

EDIT- Also can anyone who has limewire do me a favor?

Do an audio search for either-

Sonic The Movie South Island

South Island

or South Island theme

try in both normal search and album search please as this is a song I need for the game. (IT IS NOT SOUTH ISLAND FROM SONIC THE FIGHTERS)

Demo in 2-3 weeks as well.

Is any one upto the challenege of spriting Robotnik?

You could never get away with an edit either.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't seen STM or wants to see it again-

Sonic The Movie part #1

All of the parts are there, it's a good way to get references.

Since the movie is no longer in production this IS legal.

Also, you can visit The Sonic World ( TSW ) and get the full length video.

EDIT- Also can anyone who has limewire do me a favor?

Do an audio search for either-

Sonic The Movie South Island

South Island

or South Island theme

try in both normal search and album search please as this is a song I need for the game. (IT IS NOT SOUTH ISLAND FROM SONIC THE FIGHTERS)

Lol, that's not happening. The song is very short and it is interrupted by the jet making noises. The best you could get is a raw recording with the jet noises included and I believe the beach waves right before the song finishes.

Demo in 2-3 weeks as well.

'Bout time, but it still seems so far away. =P

Since Rael doesn't seem to be posting again, if you look at my posts above you'll see a comparison of Knuckles with a light yellow and a dark yellow. Which one do you think's better?

Edit: Just for you, I'll search LimeWire to see if the song exists. If it doesn't, I believe I could rip it using Windows Media Player.

Edit2: I found a song of Sonic the Movie South Island that's original. In other words, it's an mp3 someone composed to make it sound like the original song from the movie. Would you like it? ( For some odd reason it stops in the middle of the song at 1:19 )

Before I send it, are you sure that's what you want? I mean it just cuts off in the middle of nowhere.

I ripped the song straight from the movie, jet noises and all. You could have that too if you want. The beginning beat is quite nice and the rest of the song past the jet noises is quite clear and nice to listen to.

Thanks alot guys, I'm just colouring the Sonic artwork for this game, I'll post it when I'm finished.

EDIT- I'll use both songs in the game, the one with the jet noises in could actually be quite hepful.

EDIT2- As for the story, how about Mecha Knuckles and Tails Doll along with Hyper Metal Sonic? It'd amke sense as we already know Metal Sonic couldn't suceed in destroying the land of the sky alone.

EDIT2- As for the story, how about Mecha Knuckles and Tails Doll along with Hyper Metal Sonic? It'd amke sense as we already know Metal Sonic couldn't suceed in destroying the land of the sky alone.

You can have them as long as you explain how they came into existance.

I need serious help with the front/back view hat. I just can't seem to draw it. All I need is for someone to make an outline of the front/back view hat that is close to if not the same size as the side view hat. Here's a reference:

HatColor.png

HatOutline.png

Thanks to anyone in advanced who helps me so I can finish up Knuckles. If the hat looks good for both front and back, I'll need just one hat. If it just won't work that way, two hats, 1 for front and 1 for back, will be good.

That's perfect. I'll just add some color to it and the blue band. Thanks. I think Knuckles will like it. He got mad at the last one I drew and refused to wear it. =P

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Here's what I got for the front view hat.

FrontHat.png

I made the top visible just so you know. If you think it's good, I'll do the same for the back view hat.