A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaotix RPG Sprite Project

Yeeha, it's fan game time. I've been working on this RPG game for about 4-5 months now and it's finally beginning to kick-off. This won't be some lame-ass attempt at a Sonic RPG like Chaotix Of Tommorow (sorry any fans of the game but it'd didn't use RPG Maker to it's potential at creating a Sonic game).

The game has suffered MANY name changes, it began as Sonic Storm, became Sonic Delta, Sonic Delta OverDrive, Sonic Overdrive, Sonic Tempest and now Sonic Chaotix. Sonic Chaotix is still a working title but I'd like to name the game after it's finished. The original idea was to have Blaze the Cat returning and a future/ past feature like SCD. But thats all scrapped now, instead I was thinking more of a Sonic the Movie stylegame. The game is in Advance/ Battle style so they're the type of sprites I'll be needing, heres the list of things to get done. It'll be updated in time.

This is a high quality fan game so don't expect scribbles to be accepted.

FIELD SPRITES: Current stage being worked on- Metal Harbour

Everything highlighted in the following reference pictures is required along with floor tiles.

Pic#1

Pic#2

Pic#3

Pic#4

Pic#5

Map Sprites

Sprites of the characters whilst walking on the map

(In Advance style, four walking poses required for each- Standing, left foot forward, right foot forward and taking a step.)

A template is provided at the bottom of the list

Sonic The Hedgehog-COMPLETE-Sonic-Blitz/ DittronX

Tails "Miles" Prower-W.I.P-LarkSS

Knuckles The Echidna-COMPLETE-LarkSS

Amy Rose-W.I.P-LarkSS

Cream The Rabbit-W.I.P-LarkSS

Rouge The Bat-

Shadow The Hedgehog- COMPLETE-DittronX

Eggman in mech-

Eggman out of mech-

Mighty the armadillo- COMPLETE-Someone2040

Ray the squirrel-

Espio the chameleon-

Vector the crocodile-

Metal Sonic- W.I.P-Someone2040

Metal Overlord- COMPLETE-Someone2040

Super Sonic-COMPLETE-Tapika

Tiara Boobowski (canned Sonic Xtreme character)

Fang The Sniper-

Sara (Sonic The Movie) (References near bottom of list)-

President (Sonic The Movie) (References near bottom of list)-

Old man (Sonic The Movie) (References near bottom of list)-

SECRET UNLOCKABLES

Ristar (Ristar)-

Vectorman (Vectorman)-

Pulseman (Pulseman)- W.I.P-Sonic-Blitz

Dynamite Heady (Dynamite Heady)-

Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)-

Map Jumping Sprites

Sonic The Hedgehog-COMPLETE-LarkSS

Tails "Miles" Prower-COMPLETE-LarkSS

Knuckles The Echidna-COMPLETE-LarkSS

Amy Rose-

Cream The Rabbit-

Rouge The Bat-

Shadow The Hedgehog-COMPLETE-DittronX

Mighty the armadillo-

Ray the squirrel-

Espio the chameleon-

Vector the crocodile-

Metal Sonic-

Metal Sonic Heroes-

Fang The Sniper-

Super Sonic- COMPLETE-Tapika

SECRET UNLOCKABLES

Ristar (Ristar)-

Vectorman (Vectorman)-

Pulseman (Pulseman)-

Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)-

-Battle Sprites-

Sprites used whilst in battle

(Advance and Battle style only please)

A template is provided at the bottom of the list.

Mighty the armadillo-

Ray the squirrel-

Espio the chameleon-

Vector the crocodile-

Metal Sonic-

Metal Overlord- W.I.P-Someone2040

Super Sonic- COMPLETE-Tapika

Fang The Sniper-

Sara (Sonic The Movie)

SECRET UNLOCKABLES

Ristar (Ristar)-

Vectorman (Vectorman)-

Pulseman (Pulseman)-

Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)-

TEMPLATES

Small Battle template

Large battle template (bosses)

example Battle sheet

POSES MUST BE IN THIS ORDER-

#1- Idle

#2- Hit

#3- Low HP

#4- Defend

#5- Running Left

#6- Running Right

#7- Base attack #1

#8- Base attack #2(DIFFERENT TO BASE ONE!!!)

#9- Skill Attack (I'll post an example of the sort of thing I want for this)

#10- Victory pose

#11- Death/ K.Oed

Map (walking/ jumping) Template

palette209ox.png<--Here is a pallet for use in this project (It doesn't have to be used). It'll make it easy to shade sprites.

References

Old Man

Sarah

Sarah

President

President

President and Sarah

RULES

1. No flaming in here please, just constructive critism

2. If you are wanting to use these sprites please ask the creators permission

3. Post with decency. No "OMGZOR THTS TEH SUX!"

4. I may not accept your sprites if I don't feel it's good enough, you are always welcome to improve your work and attempt to submit it again.

5. Don't steal or claim any of these sprites as your own.

6. Sprites that are created may be used by the author in anyway.

7. All sprites used in the game will be credited.

8. You may edit the sprites provided by me, only for use in this topic though.

CREDITS

Credit to Zach "Zin" furr for making the eyes and some of the spikes for Sonic and Shadow.

Joe TE for the pallet.

THE FACTS

This is an actual fan game in progress. Good luck guys, we have a lengthy list to fill...

SCREENSHOTS

Green Hill Battle #1

Green Hill Map

No one locked the other topic. We closed the entire forum because we moved to this one.

And I see you posted this in the wrong forum as well. I'll notify a mod for you.

Edit: ...oh. I see. You're asking for sprites. I kind of just skimmed through the topic. I really need to learn to pay better attention.

Oh, and uh, good luck with the project.

That's a lot of sprites to be asking for, dude. Do half the work before asking for help.

Meh, I can make 1-2 characters everyday, more if I try.

Salomon- Very nice, I'll add Retro Amy Rose as one of the secret unlockables and since it requires more shading it can go up as W.I.P. Thanks very much.

Tapika- Got your sprites at the MFZ, I left my post there, you also get W.I.P. I'll seperate the jumping and walking sprites into 2 sheets for you.

LarkSS- Editing is fine.

Rael0505- Thanks for the good luck, my topic was locked on this new forum but only becasue I didn't know the old URL and couldn't retreive my old topic...

pourcelaine- The map and jumping sprites are the easy parts. Then we have battle animations and Sonic Battle style pixel art to cover...

On another note if you plan on making battle animation sheets for any of characters who were originally in Sonic Battle I'd like customs only please eg. Shadow with Amy's hammer, Amy in a spindash ect...

If you could make 1 or 2 a day, why are you asking for help?

1) Gets it done quicker.

2) Makes it a community project (as requested by SSMB members)

3) I can't sprite everything, I'm not a very good spriter to begin with, the sprites I do make take at least an hour and a half anyway...Unless they're simple edits.

4) People like community projects

5) I was only referring to the map sprites of easy Sonic characters- Mighty, Ray ect... The Eggman in mech sprites took God knows how long. I'm dreading having to amke someone like Beat or Pulseman...

Just because some people help out with sprite edits doesn't make this a "community project." And what's SSMB?

No one said they HAD to be edits. It's just an easy base to work off for in-experienced spriters. If you don't like it then go away. (that's not a flame BTW)

SSMB= Sonic Stadium Message Board

Tapika- Super Sonic spines reference-

230px-SA_Super_Sonic.jpg

Ah, Sonic Stadium. I should've recognized the abbreviation.

And I never really implied they had to be edits either.

Meh, ok then. Can we get back on topic now, I'm getting enough of this "Do it yourself" stuff from Pixel Tendo...Infact thats the only forum in which no one has attempted to submit a sprite...

I edited the shading on her clothes for you. I had shaded her shirt on one of the rows but totally forgot about the rest. It's the sleep depravation :rolleyes:

But anyways she looks better now I hope.

I'm kind of stagnent with my own games lately and I've been doing more random sprite and background work so I might submit a few more sprites.

AMYCHAOTIX1.gif

Piece of advice: everyone goes into that "I'm going to put 3 dozen different characters in my game" phase at first, but it's really not worth it in the least. A good RPG has 3-8 characters (with some exceptions, but I don't think you're making Suikoden). I suggest 4.

Piece of advice: everyone goes into that "I'm going to put 3 dozen different characters in my game" phase at first, but it's really not worth it in the least. A good RPG has 3-8 characters (with some exceptions, but I don't think you're making Suikoden). I suggest 4.

I know but I want to make a long, decent game that will take people a long time to complete whilst remaining fun throughout. I know, however many characters there are is one heck of a lot. But not all the characters will have stories, most will appear in the story mode and only be playable i Free Roam made, a mode that allows you to freely explore the map performing tasks that don't affect the story in anyway. Besides Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy as the only playable characters would make this massive RPG both short and boring quickly. Besides more characters = more variety. I hyave a HUGE storyline planned out for them as well, bar the unlockables. That reminds me I must add Fang to the list...

Someone2040- perfection, I can't flaw those in anyway. theres no rush either, take as long as you need. The game won't be finished anytime soon XP

Tapika- Your sprites unfortunatly won't self-update, I saved them to my hard-drive and uploaded them myself, that way I can prevent dead links and accidental deletion. The sprite is still not perfect, the top spike needs to be lowered as it looks seperate from the rest of the body and I do think you should either take the colours from the reference picture or use the pallet I'll edit into the first post. The colour is off and because of this some of the features such as his ears arn't clearly visable. It shouldn't take long to fix and it'll be a mundo win for you.

Salomon- The sprites look complete to me, and I can't really flaw them so it's a nice big red "COMPLETE" for you, congratulations. Hope you can help out with the rest of project as well.

Rael0505- You're starting to look two faced to me, one second you're wishing me good luck with the project then you're saying it's not even a community project to begin with, then every post after that seems to show a negative attitude from you. If you plan on continuing this attitude then i suggest you leave. I know what you've said has been valid points but I can't see any reasons why not to have this many characters, why it isn't a community project or why I shouldn't have to ask for help.