A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaotix RPG Sprite Project

You telling me you can't change the colors in-game? I know MMF can but I'm not sure about what you're using. I thought you could get a script or something to do so. Did you really think I meant to have a seperate sheet for each color? And I agree more characters are better, but it seems that they are becoming a problem. =/

I agree more characters are better, but it seems that they are becoming a problem. =/

The list is final, only your retro Sonic and Tapika's Hyper Sonic will be added and thats only because you have both started.

From now onwards no how matter how much begging the list will not be added to.

Also I can add a script that would allow me to change character colours though it would be sort of pointless "You just unlocked...........Orange Sonic!!!!"

I see your point of different colours for online gameplay but every character will be customisable and will probably display a username above their head as to prevent confusion.

EDIT- Characters like Heavy and Bomb can hardly have a story mode can they?

Also I can add a script that would allow me to change character colours though it would be sort of pointless "You just unlocked...........Orange Sonic!!!!"

Lol, that's nothing like what I meant. I just mean that when you're choosing a character, you get a color panel and you can click on what color you'd like. Just like you want to please people with characters, you can please them with colors too. It would be like no one would look the same. =P

see your point of different colours for online gameplay but every character will be customisable and will probably display a username above their head as to prevent confusion.

Username above head = ^_^ When you chat, will you see the text above them as well or in a box that pops up or both? Maybe you should make what level they're on appear above their head as well. It would be nice so you can see who are noobs and who kick arse. =P

I just noticed you fixed the eyes Tapika. Much, much better. I no longer have any complaints. =)

Oh, and I didn't start the Gens Sonic, I just asked if you wanted to use it. I can get the jumping, but I know I won't be able to make the walking forwards and backwards. Maybe someone else could help me with that. It just needs one frame, then it can be flipped and the standing animation can be used twice.

Lol, that's nothing like what I meant. I just mean that when you're choosing a character, you get a color panel and you can click on what color you'd like. Just like you want to please people with characters, you can please them with colors too. It would be like no one would look the same. =P

I'd much prefer different costumes. Like Blaze in an Eggman suit (without the extra weight of course) XP

Username above head = ^_^ When you chat, will you see the text above them as well or in a box that pops up or both? Maybe you should make what level they're on appear above their head as well. It would be nice so you can see who are noobs and who kick arse. =P

It's always a possibility, the online gameplay script is still in developement though, once it's complete I can ask someone to edit it to suit the online gameplay of my game.

I'd like to include a Co-op mode and a battle mode, that'd be cool. Also the ability to trade items and skills you've collected. I could always implement a Chao garden as well, the script shouldn't be too hard.

Oh, and I didn't start the Gens Sonic, I just asked if you wanted to use it. I can get the jumping, but I know I won't be able to make the walking forwards and backwards. Maybe someone else could help me with that. It just needs one frame, then it can be flipped and the standing animation can be used twice.

If I get time from making the Mighty sprites then I'll make the walking forwards and backwards.

Here's my "How to get Hyper Sonic" Idea:

Unlock Super Sonic and Unlock the emerald shrine level.

If you step on the master emerald as Super Sonic, you will gain 50 rings and turn into Hyper Sonic!

Now, If you collect 50 rings as Super Sonic in any level, aslong as you have trodden on the master emerald once per opening the exe, you turn into Hyper! :D

If you step on the master emerald as Super Sonic, you will gain 50 rings and turn into Hyper Sonic!

Now, If you collect 50 rings as Super Sonic in any level, aslong as you have trodden on the master emerald once per opening the exe, you turn into Hyper! :D

Not a bad idea, what happened to the Super Emeralds though? I though Sonic needed those:D

I'm sure I could do something like that. I'm already planning to have Angel Island in this game. It won't be SA sized though, It'd be S3K sized.

Now, If you collect 50 rings as Super Sonic in any level, aslong as you have trodden on the master emerald once per opening the exe, you turn into Hyper!

I think there should be super emeralds and if you collect them all you unlock hyper sonic. ( Just like in Sonic 3 )

I'd much prefer different costumes. Like Blaze in an Eggman suit (without the extra weight of course) XP

Customes = Extra Work but better than choosing colors. I see what you're saying, but wouldn't that end up increasing the file size also?

It's always a possibility, the online gameplay script is still in developement though, once it's complete I can ask someone to edit it to suit the online gameplay of my game.

I'd like to include a Co-op mode and a battle mode, that'd be cool. Also the ability to trade items and skills you've collected. I could always implement a Chao garden as well, the script shouldn't be too hard

Co-op = Good

Free for All = Good

Trade Items = Cool

Trade Skills = ??

Chao Garden = Maybe. Depends on how much effort is put into it. There should be minigames, chao evolution, different types of chao food, food on trees, more that one chao to care for, and you can name them all. There should be racing too so you can race with others and maybe even battle...

If I get time from making the Mighty sprites then I'll make the walking forwards and backwards.

Alrighty then. I'll make the jumping and maybe put the basics of Tails and Knuckles and let someone else make the forward animations.

Lol, we must have posted at the same time. =D ( Almost )

I think there should be super emeralds and if you collect them all you unlock hyper sonic. ( Just like in Sonic 3 )

They'd have to be Super Secret though, not just "oh look a Super Emerald"

Customes = Extra Work but better than choosing colors. I see what you're saying, but wouldn't that end up increasing the file size also?

Only 1 or 2 costumes per character, I can use a compressor to lower the 20 odd kb even less XP

Free for All = Good

I wouldn't even consider charging.

Trade Skills = ??

Perhaps not then, It'd be kinda stupid to give a n00b the ultimate ability...

Chao Garden = Maybe. Depends on how much effort is put into it. There should be minigames, chao evolution, different types of chao food, food on trees, more that one chao to care for, and you can name them all. There should be racing too so you can race with others and maybe even battle...

If I did implement this feature I'd be the very last thing I'd add. Battling and Racing would be standard along with with some other ideas. It'd be anything but the Tiny Chao Graden.

They'd have to be Super Secret though, not just "oh look a Super Emerald"

Obviously. No need to make the noobs happy. =P

Only 1 or 2 costumes per character, I can use a compressor to lower the 20 odd kb even less XP

How does that work anyway. Is it like, "Hey eggman, give me your clothes!" *rip*

If I did implement this feature I'd be the very last thing I'd add. Battling and Racing would be standard along with with some other ideas. It'd be anything but the Tiny Chao Graden.

You know what would be really cool? If you can invite other people to your chao garden, take care of them together, and put your chao's together to let them play. There could even be a main chao lobby where you can bring your chao's to show off and you should be able to win prizes in chao races and such.

How does that work anyway. Is it like, "Hey eggman, give me your clothes!" *rip*

Yep, it gets even creepier when Shadow asks to borrow Cream's bow...

You know what would be really cool? If you can invite other people to your chao garden, take care of them together, and put your chao's together to let them play. There could even be a main chao lobby where you can bring your chao's to show off and you should be able to win prizes in chao races and such.

That'd be awesome, it's take ages to script but RMXP is more than capable of it.

The official game site should be up in a few days. The site URL will be arcademobius.com or arcademobius.org, I'll notify everyone when I've purchased the domain.

Yep, it gets even creepier when Shadow asks to borrow Cream's bow...

Especially when Knuckles asks Sonic for his pants, and realizes he was never wearing any. =O

That'd be awesome, it's take ages to script but RMXP is more than capable of it.

The official game site should be up in a few days. The site URL will be arcademobius.com or arcademobius.org, I'll notify everyone when I've purchased the domain.

Wow, purchasing a domain. Well if you have the money...

Wow, purchasing a domain. Well if you have the money...

Yup, I do. Anyways heres the uncoloured and un-Sonic Battle styled artwork for Sonic, Mighty and Ray.

When I'm finished with it, it will be in the Sonic Battle style and coloured (well duh).

Sonic.png

Ray.png

Mighty.png

The artwork will look dodgy as it's yet to be linearted. This was all drawn on a wonderful thing I call "paper". And I simply set my scanner to black and white only.

Not bad. One thing though: Why does mighty have a carrot nose?

I'll edit it in the line-art.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

CHARACTERS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST!

Well the pointless ones that will bear no reference to the story.

Anyway, now the best part, has anyone ever seen Sonic The Movie? Many people (including myself) believe that this is what a Sonic Anime should be like, and this what I'm going to base my game off of. Sarah, The President and Old Man (yay!) will be returning and the sprites for these characters will be required. Here are some reference pics-

President/ Sarah

President

President

Sarah (this is the coolest picture ever XP

Sarah

Old Man

The game will be set in the Land of the Sky and the Land of Darkness and Mighty and co. will still make a return.

Nothing about this game has changed apart from the storyline.

Also for anyone who wants to sprite Sarah I don't wnat the wedding dress, just her normal clothes. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING SAILOR MOON SPRITES EITHER.

IMPORTANT

We need a name for this game (XD poetry) Sonic Chaotix doesn't cut it and now has nothing to do with the storyline. So...any ideas?

Heh, I have no idea what to call your game anymore. =P

:o

Awesome, I'll finish off the walking sprites as best I can but for now, accepted. :D

Lame characters such as Heavy, Bomb, Opa-opa (it doesn't look like anything ok), Omega and Red have been removed from the list.

A few critiques on that Mighty Picture.

I know Might's nose is pointy and longer than Sonics... but it looks odd at that angle, it should probably face more forwards.

On his left hand... the thumb is on the wrong side.

Meh, I know, They're just rough sketches as to what the final artwork may look like. I ddin't really like how Mighty turned out so I'll probably re-do that one entirely.

I hate thumbs...

Not a bad idea, what happened to the Super Emeralds though? I though Sonic needed those:D

I'm sure I could do something like that. I'm already planning to have Angel Island in this game. It won't be SA sized though, It'd be S3K sized.

The master emerald turns the chaos emeralds into the super emeralds. -_-;

Well in Sonic 3, you had to complete 7 more special stages to transform them into chaos emeralds.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

I went ahead and set up Tails for anyone who wants to finish it. I assembled the looking forward sprite with various Tails parts.

TailsAdvancedMap.png

I may do Knuckles later.

Well in Sonic 3, you had to complete 7 more special stages to transform them into chaos emeralds.

It is indeed true. It would be pretty sad unlocking the best character in the game by just walking into the Master Emerald, It'd make more sense to unlock Hyper Sonic by finding the Super emeralds, plus it'd add replay value.

LarkSS= I'll finsh Tails off and add it to the list when I'm done, very nice jumping sprites as well, just the sort I wanted.

The Sonic artwork should be fully complete by tommorow. I'll also post all the other artwork I've done.

And now the AWESOME PART! Character voice overs, we need em. I can play Espio and possibly some others but for this I'm gonna need as much help as I can get. I've already asked a freind who says he can play Sonic and Shadow and as for Mighty I'm going to ask the guy who plays him in Sonic Triple Madness (A flash movie by the same person who made Sonic Riders in three minutes). I know I'm getting "a little" ambitious with this project but Voice actors would SERIOUSLY add to the gameplay experience. I'll hvae a complete script done in a few days so if anyone wants to audition just send me an email or post here.

Character Voices required-

Sonic The Hedgehog

Tails "Miles" Prower

Knuckles The Echidna

Amy Rose

Cream The Rabbit

Rouge The Bat

Shadow The Hedgehog

Eggman

Mighty the armadillo- TAKEN

Ray the squirrel

Espio the chameleon-

Vector the crocodile

Metal Sonic

Vanilla The Rabbit-

Fang The Sniper

Sarah

President

Old Man

I figured that you'd want the jumping sprites without the tail. Also, I chose the jumping sprite to look like that since it just looks cooler. =P

I still haven't got to knuckles yet, but I may either later today or tomorrow. I may do other characters too like Amy and Cream. I'm doing this since I know you're busy with other things and this just makes it easier so you won't have to compile the sprites yourself. Also, it would be really interesting to play an online RPG.

Wait a sec. Why do you need a voice of eggman in AND out of the mech? Aren't they basically the same thing?

Wait a sec. Why do you need a voice of eggman in AND out of the mech? Aren't they basically the same thing?

OH GODDAM IT! I copied and pasted the main character list, I'll edit the Eggman thing...

Thanks for all your help with sprites as well. I have so much other stuff related to this game to do...

EDIT- OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! The guy who played Mighty in Sonic Triple Madness said yes! WE HAVE A PERFECT MIGHTY VOICE ACTOR!!!!!!

Somehow, I knew he'd say yes. He really seems to like voice acting. ( and flash movie making too =P )

Yay! Knuckles sprite sheet ( With original standing front sprite and two different sideways jumping sets )

KnucklesAdvancedMap.png

This only took half an hour. ( Man I'm getting faster at this =) )

Somehow, I knew he'd say yes. He really seems to like voice acting. ( and flash movie making too =P )

I'm so glad he did though, his voice actually sounds like what I'd expect Mighty to sound like.

Yay! Knuckles sprite sheet ( With original standing front sprite and two different sideways jumping sets )

[qimg]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LarkSS/SFGHQ%20Forum%20Pics/KnucklesAdvancedMap.png[/qimg]

This only took half an hour. ( Man I'm getting faster at this =) )

And it was a half hour well spent. I prefer the jumping sprites where Knuckles is actually visible and not a spiky ball (did that make sense?). I'll finsh it off for you and should have the Retro Sonic, Tails and Knuckles forward walking sprites done by tommorow. If you could make Sonic's jumping sprites I'd be much appreciated as I'm kinda busy with Mighty's sprites right now.