A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaotix RPG Sprite Project

WHY BIGGER?

DAMN!!!

...Oops. Just, I HATE huge sprites. I lke the old style this had. We should set up a poll BTW.

Actually looking at it, the big sprites arn't as cool. So they're gone, Advance style it is from now. Yeah I liked the little sprites as well Tapika but using them on RMXP is just insane, here are two screenshots showing the differnce in size between Advance and Mini style.

SIZELOSS.png

AEXAMPLE.png

I would personally say we stick with Advance from now on, all of the characters from Advance 2 have walking upwards sprites thanks to the Special Stages. And it "shouldn't" be too hard to make a walking forwards sprite. I'll edit the list...once again.

Advanced sprites are perfect. The super minis can be for the heck of it. Since the map sprites are advance, that means the battle sprites are the same size. To me, that's perfect so you won't be like "Whoa, Sonic looks all... different and all you know?" =P

That is too cool Tapika!

I finished mine too.

RPGTails4.png

I couldn't believe how long this took, but it's done. If you have any problems with it, feel free to edit it.

Everything is according to the pallette. The only things that aren't are Kirby and the background color which is the same color as what you used for your Sonic sprite sheet.

[qimg]http://www.maj.com/gallery/TTOT/Sonic-Stuffies/supersonic.png[/qimg]

COMPLETE!

Original Super sonic ripped by Hypero.

Dam you Tapika, you beat me to the first submitted sheet.

Very nice, apart from one thing, the facing forward sprites- The eyes and muzzle look strange, I'd use my Sonic for a reference. W.I.P fpr you:)

LarkSS- Well done, your super mini mode Tails is complete and accepted!:)

Someone2040- Outstanding! I'd be a fool not to accept it!

I know we've had some trouble with the recent sprite change but the Advance size sprites really fit in well. After testing out the Sonic sprites I've just finished-

SonicMAP.png

then taking alook at the bulky Chao Garden sprites I can certainly say they suit the game alot more.

Keep up the good work guys!

The looking forward Sonic Advanced sprite looks awesome except that his legs seem poorly attached to his body.

And I'm glad to help you out. =) You know, I bet somebody could easily edit the Tails sprite to make Ray...

I was going to ask for the Sonic sprite, but then I realized I would need Tails and Knuckles as well, so nevermind.

Oh man, I just noticed that Tapika's Super Sonic looking back and not moving sprite uses the looking forward feet. It makes it seem like he's painfully twisted.

=(

Ouch, Tapika you better fix that...:(

SonicMAP.png

Surprising at what a few extra pixels can do. The legs are fixed.

Which legs did you fix because I was talking about this:

[qimg]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LarkSS/SFGHQ%20Forum%20Pics/SonicMAP2.png[/qimg]

I looks like it just needs one pixel on both sides of the upper part of the leg to fix it. The other Sonic with the same animation could use the same thing.

I fixed what you asked. The reason they still looked the same was because I didn't get the link to update and I ended up posting the same image. It should be fixed now though.

Ah, I see. It looks much better now. Now you just need the jumping animation. Will you just use the same animation you had before since it was from an advanced sprite?

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

I found some Sonic Gens animation lying around that I ripped a while back. Maybe you can put them to good use?

SonicGensMap.png

I have running animations for all four directions, but I don't think it would help much in an RPG game.

I suppose it could be a retro costume much like the Amy one but the list is getting amzingly long. Amy is the only character that actually looks remotly different since she first came into service. If I added more characters to the list people would just complain.

As the jumping sprites, no, I'll be making entirely new ones as the others were resized.

Wait a sec, didn't you say you can run now if you hold shift? Does that mean you need running animations of each sprite or are you just speeding up the walking animation?

I could and it would look cool but that would make the list EVEN LONGER. It doesn't look that awful when you run anyway. But if it comes to the worst case scenario in which it looks God awful for a character to run then yes, running animations will be added.

Tapika that Super Sonic is now complete and accepted. Well done.

I love the Super Sonic sprite. =) The shoes look fine now and the face looks much better. I hate to be a critic, but if you ask me the looking forward face should have the eyebrows pointing more downward like an angry face almost. Eg: >( I'm saying this because it should match the side view face.

Do you want me to include the running animation of the gens Sonic? It's only two frames for looking forward and back though.

Also, couldn't you reduce how many characters there are and just make it so you can choose what color they are? That way instead of a bunch of Sonics you'll have a bunch of different colored Sonics. =P

I think there should only be 6 charecters in 1 player.

Sonic, Tails, Knux, Shadow, Amy (SA style) and Metal Sonic. (CD style)

(Super Sonic should also be able to be played as in 1p, but you need to complete a game with all the emeralds first.)

And for multiplayer, I think you should not only can you play as the 1p chars but you could play as:

Nights, Metal Sonic (Heroes style), Amy (CD style), Rouge, Omega, and some other chars as extras.

EDIT: Final update to Super. Hyper next. :D

EDIT2: FORGOT DA PIC!

supersonic.png

Do you want me to include the running animation of the gens Sonic? It's only two frames for looking forward and back though.

Not at this moment in time.

Also, couldn't you reduce how many characters there are and just make it so you can choose what color they are? That way instead of a bunch of Sonics you'll have a bunch of different colored Sonics. =P

Filesize = BIG!

Each different colour variation would take up the exact same amount of space as the original sprites. Of course 2-40 kb doesn't sound that much at first but it would build up, let's say we had 15 characters and six colour variations for each. Thats 6 x 15 x 30kb. That equals 2700kb. Besides wouldn't you take NiGHTS over slightly lighter Sonic?

Tapika- I see you're going to do Hyper Sonic anyway, even though he's not on the list. Fine, he can be playable online.

EDIT- Man you guys post fast. The games called Sonic CHAOTIX it can hardly not have the Chaotix in it. Metal Heroes will be a super form for Metal Sonic. And the game takes palce in differnet chapters (like Sonic Battle except the chapters will be longer and will actually serve a point, unlike "OMGZOR EMERL STOLE MOI CHAOS EMERALD LET'Z GO FIGHT EVERYONE FOR NO REAL REASON!!11!") so the multiple story characters are required, although people like Eggman arn't actually playable they will just appear in the story mode.