A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Legend

Khaotiz

• 3 weeks later...

That's the title screen, the logo flies endlessly through space for a better effect instead of it just being a static backdrop of space. There's actually alot more stars but I Print-Screen'd while it was moving so it didn't catch em all. I still have to find/work on a press start text, i need a good looking one instead of one I typed up.

SonicLegendTitleScreen.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a while since I last posted an update on this, but I'm finally getting work on it like I should. I've introduced a new type of level called transfer zones which has you flying from island to island. They often have important plotline points in there. For instance in the first one it has the death egg plummeting in the background. The first level itself is a transfer zone since it leaves off directly from Sonic and Knuckles' credits.

Since I have gained permission to use project chaos and hedgehog heaven, the music will be good enough to dance to while you play. Hopefully you'd rather play as opposed to dance at your computer :squestion:

I need some burned angel island backgrounds, collapsed marble garden backgrounds, flooded carnival night backgrounds, and hydrocity with waterspouts everywhere. Can anyone help?

Those are great styler, thankz =P

SonicLegendTitlescreenfinal.png

That's the final title screen, the stars whirling past, as you can see the death egg enters on the side of the screen, going past in the background, maybe other objects will as well, not sure, if they do then this isnt the final version, but eh. Comment on how you think it looks plz.

WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT, jk, honestly at this point in time I'm not entirely sure. I wanna get more done before I put a demo out. Screens on the other hand are a different story. I just need to do some fine tuning before releasing screens. The first few levels will be tutorial levels, the tutorial that was shown previously will be redone into a completely new level that will probably be the burned area on angel island.

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to the point where I need to implement a 360 degree movement engine, It's going to be harder to put in due to me already having a light dash and super sonic engine in there... So if anyone could help me find one that works well with MMF2 I'd be increasingly grateful. It's becoming more of a problem to just run into a slope and not be able to run up it or around a loop in the manner that sonic usually does. So if anyone has any suggestions or can help in anyway, I'd be thankful.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the title card for the first level, any thoughts?

HiddenPalaceTitleCard.png

And here's a first look at it

Firstlook.png

I'm just figuring out how to use sonic worlds right, I've changed up the bridge and moving platforms to fit the level

Bridge.png

Platform.png

What I need implemented is drowning and possibly one of those high speed gimmicks that launch you pretty damn fast

That'll help me out alot, thanks man. I'm working on making hidden palace a full level as opposed to the little you saw during sonic and knuckles. I've done a redesign in my head and its coming out pretty good. I'm starting it off with the whole version of hidden palace from S&K without the fights, and then Im going to continue from there, it should come out good. I just gotta find someone who can design loops and half and quarter pipes Hidden palace style. That view of hidden palace in that picture if obsolete, I'll post a new view later, or it may just be better to look at the level in the actual S&K game until i post pics of the new bit.

A problem I've come across is a parallax of the HP background, can anyone help?

• 1 year later...

Alright, two years later, sonic the hedgehog 4 has been announced so this opens up a new world of opportunity for me. I will remove the -Directly after sonic and knuckles- aspect, and build from what I have already, a journey back to angel island, everything as changed, Sonic will Journey deeper into levels as Robotnik has tracked him down, sour from his last defeat, he intends to end Sonic once and for all. Bringing forth all new enemies and machines and compiling the positive aspects of the old ones to design an entirely new arsenal that is sure to destroy the meddlesome hedgehog. The Master Emerald and the Chaos Emeralds? A machine capable of destroying the planet by disrupting the inner core of the Earth and ripping the planet apart only after shifting the poles and causing a global meltdown. I intend to make this a darker sonic the hedgehog game than I ever first thought. I need assistance though, and this is where the community comes in I'm afraid. Anyone willing to help me reboot this old project into an entirely new look and feel almost two years later?

• 9 months later...

Alright so I've got a new computer, and for the most part I've been working on my game, though I've run into a small snag. I'm recreating hidden palace the perfection so that I can add a continuation of the level after where it initially ended in Sonic and Knuckles. The problem? The skylight. I need it to scroll of the screen yes, but I need it to stay there, and the background system box fails to do that appropriately seeing as it resets its position once its reached the end of the object. Its not a pattern so its not just skylight after skylight. I need a way to make it go off screen and stay there. What can I do?