A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Legend

Khaotiz

Well it came of good use to me, I used it for the scene where metal sonic reawakens, it overall came out pretty good, I tried to make it look like a devastated version of a portion of the level, using over turned destroyed columns, fountain with blood (which shouldn't even be running), ominous sky, and the death egg crashed in the background, I'll post a screenshot after school today. I need to know though, is it normal to have a file size of 22 megs this early in developement?

Seems he's having a little trouble, looks to be where he fell in the sanctuary, not a nice area either.

MidMalfunction.png

His damages don't seem to be that bad then...

Reactivated.png

Ah shit, seems he's still having a little trouble, wonder if that'll be advantageous, or somewhat more destructive. We'll have to see.

StandingMalfunction.png

oh dear, the colors are in desperate need of more contrast. I know you are going for a muddy look, but everything looks so close to the same that the entire image, forground and back is sort of blending together.

Not bad looking. The tiles look over-textured to me, really overtextured. I also agree with what people above are saying about it all sort of blending together. The Death Egg also looks like it''s right behind the tiles, but this is an easy fix. Maybe you can add in some paralax effects, add in more background layers, and resize the Death Egg and place it further in the BG. May make everything look a bit better.

• 3 months later...

It's been quite a while since I posted anything, but I had alot to get through with before i could work on the game again, but I managed to 'seemingly' fix the death egg problem. The tiles are still overtextured, but when I thought about it, it gives it a darker feeling... kinda..

Paralaxfix.png

The clouds in the front flow smoothly across the screen to give it that kinda, debris cloud effect, and i'm probably going to work some damage into the graphic of the death egg, but I'm still widely open to suggestions.

Speaking of taking things away, get rid of that damn z in legendz. Jeez I hate that shit.

Depends on the game atmosphere. If it's going to be dramatic and "dark" like the last screenshot, then yes, remove it. If it's going to be humorous than the z could stay.

I just hadnt gotten around to it, thats been the furthest thing from my mind at the moment. Should I change it to an S or remove it all together. I feel if Its sonic legend, it gives of a more serious tone than legends

FountainFix.png

titlefix2.png

Im not sure, I might have to do an overhaul redesign of the title screen, with just the title, a picture of sonic, and a menu that you flip through with the arrow keys

I also forgot to take the 2 off the title bar before taking these pics, It's out now.