A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Legend

Khaotiz

Hey, I'm new here, and since I don't even know remotely what forum to post an introduction in, I'll post it here along with my fangame I'm working on.

I come here all the time for sprites and tutorials, and I came this morning after a while to find out that there was a new site and forums to boot, so I'm like what the hell, ill join.

Anyways, I've been working on a fangame for some time called Sonic Legendz 2, the retarded story behind it is that sonic legendz 1 was never finished, i lost all of it in a computer wipe, and to be honest it sucked. So I started this one which is coming out better, especially since I'm using the music from project chaos and the sonic 2 scores from ocremix. Either way, my game takes place right after the events of sonic and knuckles, along with metal sonic being the main baddie in the whole predicament, I'm hoping to get a developement team together.

I apologize if everything I just said seemed somewhat... unorganized, but i have a tendency to ramble on.

The Appearance of the First Hand

FlashbackScene1.png

And the second

FlashbackScene2.png

Guess this is the first scene then, a flash back of sorts...

FlashbackScene3.png

The light dash

SoniclegendzPic3.png

The Super Sonic

SoniclegendzPic4.png

The old Title screen, (May be reintroduced)

SoniclegendzPic2.jpg

My Company

RaptureProductionsPresents.png

The new one (lack Luster)

SonicLegendz2Current.png

After the events of Sonic and Knuckles

AftertheEventsof.png

EggRobo's Reawakening

EggRobosReawakening.png

This is all i have done so far, but im working in and out to make it better. Ideas are greatly appreciated, as well as comments.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums, Don. I'm going to have to agree with Blaze about shrinking the resolution. Other than that we can't really comment on anything, they are just intros and title screens.

Oh, and why call it Sonic Legends 2 if you never finished the first one AND said it was retarded? Just start a whole new game, and maybe drop the ghetto Z and the end of Legend.

Doesn't look bad, looks like you have put some time into the project, which is good. Like stated above, I'd recomend changing the resolution a bit. the only thing that worries me is that you're making ti with TGF. The program is good for beginners and small games, but when you start trying to make huge maps and add tons of stuff to the engine, TGF's bugs and glitches will become frustrating. It happened to my game, and I eventually just canceled it and started rebuilding in MMF2. Still, so far it looks good, you should post more screens of gameplay in action.

• Like 1

In the newer screen shots it shows me working with MMF2, I'll probable drop the Z. I might as well drop the 2 too, but as far as what you mean by changing the resolution i don't really know what you mean, lol please clarify because sometimes i may know what im doing but not everything I'm doing.

Haha, Midiman will have a fit. You stole his title. :awink:

I'm liking the retro vibe. My main problem like others have said is the resolution - it needs to be 320x240 because that's the resolution of the genesis games. Your resolution is exactly double that.

Keep us updated, I'll be following this.

I'm having a slight annoying problem, I want to make my game play music, Mp3 files to be exact. I thought i was doing good having it use Mpeg files with no video, but it turned for the worse when they were huge file sizes and whatnot, so i need a foolproof plan that will help me, since for some reason the MCI method of playing Mp3s with my multimedia fusion 2 isn't working.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm having a slight annoying problem, I want to make my game play music, Mp3 files to be exact. I thought i was doing good having it use Mpeg files with no video, but it turned for the worse when they were huge file sizes and whatnot, so i need a foolproof plan that will help me, since for some reason the MCI method of playing Mp3s with my multimedia fusion 2 isn't working.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Your gonna thank me for this greatly. Here's what you do.

Get any MP3 song you want. Download a program called "SUPER ©" Converter.

2. Convert the Mp3 song to .OGG.

3. Enjoy.

Note: You don't even need MCI to play .ogg's. You can just put "Play and loop sample".

Why .OGG's?

.OGG's are VERY small in comparison to MP3's. You lose no quality, and it is just great. A normal 3 MB song would only be about 800 KB with .OGG. If you wanted to make the .OGG smaller then simply reduce the sample rate. If you do this you will lose quality, but you will also make it alot smaller.

• Like 1

Well, with the help of Rael, i dropped the resolution like everyone wanted, its going to prove more testing than using a huge screen, but I'll manage. I've been needing something though, if someone can develop OR find me a ruined/fallen sky sanctuary background and stage pieces, ill be thankful, I need them for the reactivation of metal sonic scene lol.