A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ashura: Dark Reign (UT2004/UT3 Total Conversion), DEMO NOW RELEASED!

Huepow00

Nobody's mentioned this here yet... so I guess I will.

Also, this game IS NOT mine.

GAME TRAILER 02

VIDEO OF DEMO

Blacklightning of TSS posts :

http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32077

Ha, didn't think we were dead now, did you? Matter of fact, we've just passed a milestone - A:DR now has a playable demo available for download, for those of you that have a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004. If you have UT04, then don't hesitate - download the demo now, and I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

Due to problems with our main site, though, the demo will be hosted in the downloads section of our ModDB page rather than our main site for the time being. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

------------

adrlogo.png

This mod is based on a darker perspective of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe, and will be for mature players only; it will contain violence, blood, gore, with the off chance of cursing and possibly some sexual references. If you're under the age of whatever Unreal Tournament 2004 is in your country, you shouldn't play this mod.

..Gameplay..

This isn't a shooter like UT2004, you will have to find objects to use, solve puzzles, and interact with a number of NPC characters to progress through the story. With it not being a first person shooter, we also don't want it to be like Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog where you run from A to B jumping and dodging things, so we opted to use the Sonic Adventure playfield setup.

..What to expect..

New characters, old friends, new zones, new allies, new foes.

No ripped levels, bosses, vehicles or objects from Sega games.

And most of all NO PLOT HOLES!

..Features..

- Chaos control abilities.

- Melee combat.

- Loved Sonic physics: loopings, wall running...

- Old & modern style of attacks.

- Grinding.

- New characters to interact with.

- Dialogue selection box.

- New weapons.

- Monitors: shields, speed shoes, invincibilty...

- Unlockable features.

- Cinematic cutscenes.

- Badniks.

- Return of some old favourites.

- And the good trusty rings.

..What about multiplayer??..

We have 2 new gametypes in the works: Emerald Hunt & X-treme Boarders.

Deathmatch and team deathmatch will also be included.

This is a HUGE project and it WILL take along time due to the amount of custom content that needs creation.

For expanded information please visit our website and forums:

Site Link: http://xr-s.com/sxf

Forum Link: http://xr-s.com/forums

ModDB Link: http://mods.moddb.com/6475/ashura-dark-reign/

..Screenies!..

water_62404.jpg

water_55532.jpg

water_56693.jpg

ADRSuperSonic.jpg

And, for those unfortunate ones who don't have UT04, a little preview into the demo level:

ADRStarPost.jpg

68873.jpg

68874.jpg

69774.jpg

Now that's a quite awesome mod. Even though I feel it's not a real 360º engine (don't know if you can do this with the UT2004 scripting system), the exploration and platforming, plus all the Sonic objects they've implemented so far look awesome =D

Downloading.

Now that's a quite awesome mod. Even though I feel it's not a real 360º engine (don't know if you can do this with the UT2004 scripting system), the exploration and platforming, plus all the Sonic objects they've implemented so far look awesome =D

Downloading.

You could do it, but you'd probably have to change the math code around a little. Also, 3d 360 stuff is most likely more complex than it is in 2D (which by itself is still pretty difficult to grasp at first)

(EDIT: ^^ Of course, you of all people could probably figure out how to do it :P)

But, these people seem to know what they're doing. If they had better animations, I'd say it was made by sega.

Yeah, it's quite a lot more complex. Mark and I are having problems ironing out most part of the bugs within our Blitz3D engine, as 360º + 3D = completely unpredictable results (specially if the arbitrary mesh is slighty weird). However, doing what they did so far (using a 360º-style system on certain parts) do it's job pretty well :D

By the way, these guys need to get that SEGA logo out of there ASAP, or they'll get sued by them in no time XD

Damn, the character handlement is somewhat poor, it took me quite a lot to get used to the controls, and even after doing so, I've had to replay 4 times the demo just to get to Eggman. The badniks are quite abusive, specially since you don't have an invincibility time after you get hit, and some of them seem faster than you on certain ocassions XD Other than that, I liked it a lot, even though I couldn't get to finish the demo (Eggman raped me three times in a row). Test it out if you can.

It's kindof sad that all this talent is being filtered into something so niche as a game mod.

I wish I could tell them that they should consider a real 3D engine, but I doubt they would listen.