A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

2/27 READ: PAGE 6 READ RAEL'S POST - Winter Break '08 GAME-OFF!

1LT Worm

Well, I'm getting a Windows laptop here in a couple of days, so I decided that since I would have limited internet access, I could spend a mass amount of my time making a game.

Then, today, Midiman said that he was getting in to the fangaming groove.

Thus...

Midiman and Mr. Worm present

THE WINTER BREAK '08 GAME-OFF!

The rules are simple:

-You have until Monday, 07 January 2008, 23:59 (-0500 GMT) to make a game. It doesn't have to be complete, but it should at least have some polish.

-It can't be a game that you have been working on. It must be an ORIGINAL project.

-It can be a fan game, but it doesn't have to be.

If you want to enter, just send me a PM or something. If you want to trash talk, go ahead and try to destroy the competition by posting on here.

The prize? I'm working on something special. Don't you worry.

I have one judge, but if you want to help with that, PM me. A panel of at least 3 judges would rock.

Entries:

Mr. Worm

Midiman

Huepow00

USC(?)

Judges:

Rael

Azu

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY don't want to sound negative, but I have a strong feeling that this contest is gonna fall through, people couldn't even make a simple minigame for the Minigame competition. =\

Well, the thing is, Midiman and I both have a personal competition going on with this. So, we decided to open it up to the entire community.

I've been working on my game's internal dynamics all morning. It's going to be badass.

Well, hope it works out then.

I won't be able to participate, no way I can make a decent game in less than 30 days, (I know you said it doesn't have to be complete, but it takes me awhile to make an engine and pretty much everything else.) Plus I'm busy with other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh well My original project ended up catching th eye of someone and the y were all like OMG lets remake. So I decided to make a present game for a friend and send that in. Sadly it would only be a engine test XD. So who do I send this end to or should I attach it or something