A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

2/27 READ: PAGE 6 READ RAEL'S POST - Winter Break '08 GAME-OFF!

1LT Worm

Here is my demo for me SHMUP. It's still in early stages, so all the bugs are not ironed out. Because I got into this game so much, I'm going to make it into a full game.

Controls:

Arrow Keys - Move

Z - To change weapon

X - To fire current weapon

C - To change direction.

THe level lasts for me appox 7 minutes, and it's only stage one XD. There are total for three guardians/bosses and three parts. It is pretty hard, but easy to an avarage SHMUP'er. Btw, your weapon increases power by destroying more enemies. There are some bugs, such as bullet positioning, title cards and ordering, but I did make this on TGF because of me laptop not being fixed in time for converting to MMF2. ( I will convert dont worry). I am uploading a video as I post, so I'll edit it in this post as soon as it is done uploading. Anyway I havn't got a name for it, but I lol'd named it HYPER AERO FLIGHT VEHICLES! Enjoy the game:

HYPER AERO FLIGHT VEHICLES!#

Vid:

-Amesuki

(This is for the Winter Game Comp!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, everyone. I've started to receive final projects. That's awesome.

But, here's the deal. I want to enter my game engine, but I can't get my Windows partition on my laptop to connect to the internet at my house. It's strange, but my wifi card just doesn't like my router.

So keep working on your games. The deadline has been moved until Thursday 10 January 2008 at 2200 (-0500 GMT). That way, people who are still working have time to finish or add to their game.

I don't want to penalize those who have their games done on time. So, when I talk with the judging committee, we'll work out a bonus or something for ya (and for those of you who post or PM me with your project by tomorrow's deadline will get the same tilt).

I'll be sending out PMs to the judges. This way, you can take a long weekend and play the games. Results should be available Sunday 13 January.

Hey, everyone. I've started to receive final projects. That's awesome.

But, here's the deal. I want to enter my game engine, but I can't get my Windows partition on my laptop to connect to the internet at my house. It's strange, but my wifi card just doesn't like my router.

So keep working on your games. The deadline has been moved until Thursday 10 January 2008 at 2200 (-0500 GMT). That way, people who are still working have time to finish or add to their game.

I don't want to penalize those who have their games done on time. So, when I talk with the judging committee, we'll work out a bonus or something for ya (and for those of you who post or PM me with your project by tomorrow's deadline will get the same tilt).

I'll be sending out PMs to the judges. This way, you can take a long weekend and play the games. Results should be available Sunday 13 January.

Thanks! I'll put in a lot of work, hopefully get finished.

SonicPuzzLogo.png

DSPLinkButton.png

Introducing Sonic PUZZ, My entry for The Winter Comp!

Sonic PUZZ is a puzzle game made in RM2k3 designed to feel like a retro puzzle game.

DOWNLOADS:

Download from YouSendIt (Faster)

Download from my 4Shared Virtual Drive

S_PHowTo.png

GAMEPLAY:

In Sonic PUZZ, the player must complete 3 tasks to advance to the next stage under a specific Time Limit.

If you mess up or need to exit, Press [ESCAPE] To bring up the Menu, which lets you reset the current stage, or exit.

Before each level, You can also SAVE your progress.

1:

First the player must find all of the Rings in the stage.

2:

Next, After Collecting the Rings the player must find the Goal Posts - and Run through them to make the Magic Ball appear Somewhere on the map.

3:

The player then uses the [sPACEBAR] to kick the Magic Ball through the Large Goal Ring.

CONTROLS:

[sPACEBAR] / [ENTER] Make Menu Decisions & Kick the Magic Ball

[ESCAPE] Brings up the Menu & Cancels a Command.

[ARROW KEYS] Move Sonic / Choose a Command on the Menu

CREDITS:

Sonic PUZZ By:

Huepow00

Ripped Sprites Provided By:

Mr. Prinz

SupaChao

M Jaller

MIDI Music By:

Teck

John Weeks

Others

RM2k Sonic Engine By:

Huepow00

Greenhill Zone, Special Stage,

Labyrinth Zone Graphics By:

Huepow00

Hey Worm, my dad tried to use my computer to repair an already broken computer. The result? Exploding my computer and not managing to fix the already broken one. It'll probably get repaired in the middle of next week. Until then I may be able to use a laptop (like I am now) but I'm not sure how long and when I'll be free. Can you fill me in on when the judging is due?

Sorry lads, I just started classes, so my life is sorta in flux now.

I'll be figuring out the judging system this weekend. Since judges have limited time, I'll get a feeling for their reaction time and post a new release date.

Another release date? thats not very fair... Hell - If I had all this time to work on a game my entry would be much better than it was since I released it on the 1'st of 3 deadlines now...

Another release date? thats not very fair... Hell - If I had all this time to work on a game my entry would be much better than it was since I released it on the 1'st of 3 deadlines now...

No, it's not an extended deadline. I just need to get with judges and talk with them.