A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

2/27 READ: PAGE 6 READ RAEL'S POST - Winter Break '08 GAME-OFF!

1LT Worm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Lifting a burden off of Worm's shoulders.

Worm, this contest ended over a month ago and still we have no results. I've spoken to you on AIM several times suggesting you contact the judges and give them instructions - arguably the easy part of running a contest. Every time I reminded you, you said "tomorrow." I understand you're older and probably much busier than I am with college and the real world, but if you can't find the time to make a judging system and notify the judges, then it's time to pass the job on to someone who can. There's nothing wrong with that. If you lose interest, you should announce it. It's called maturity. I would be happy to help figure something out in your place if you had straight out said that you were no longer interested in this contest or simply didn't have the time anymore. But instead, you ignored this. Your last post was on Jan. 17. You said you'd get the judging system going on the following weekend. That was like, five weeks ago. You could've at least said something, but I guess you were too busy for that even. Hm... you haven't been too busy for CAMPchan though. Funny.

You have to understand that it was a miracle that this contest had started off so well. This time, we had a handful of games - the previous minigame contest fell through because there was ONLY ONE CONTESTANT. Perhaps the timing was better with vacation or maybe we had just gotten lucky - it doesn't matter. What does matter is that we were going to get our first successful community event since SAGE in August. I've had complaints from the participants wondering when the judging was going to begin. This enormous delay discourages our community greatly. I worry that as a result of this, our next contest may fall through again. People will hesitate to participate in contests because they fear it will fall through, and nothing will be accomplished. Thank you for hurting our community. This won't happen again. In fact, for every future contest I will try to make it a rule that all judges must be selected and the rules of judging explained beforehand.

If there's a problem, you need to tell us. If you were absolutely too flooded with work and were unable to do anything with the contest, you should have made the decision and told us. You don't know how much of a bother it is to wait and not hear anything. I know I wouldn't be happy if I spent time and energy working on an entry for this contest for it to fall through. You can't justify this.

[/rant]

THE IMPORTANT PART:

So I'm taking over this contest. Here are the things I need to do:

1. Round up the contestants. I'm asking that everyone with an entry private message me their games so that I have them because I only have Huepow's and Blue Frenzy's. IF YOU WERE A CONTESTANT AND YOU DON'T SEND ME YOUR GAME, YOU WILL NOT BE IN THIS CONTEST.

2. Round up the judges. I was supposed to be a judge and Azu was supposed to be a judge. So if you were supposed to be a judge and you're not Azu, you need to tell me or you're not a judge anymore. And I probably won't be a judge anymore since I'm running this, so anyone can volunteer.

3. Create a judging system. I don't know exactly what I want to do with that yet, but if I can't get something together then I'll borrow Wesker's SAGE 06 Best in Show judging system. I think I have that saved... somewhere.

4. Obviously we won't be offering the prize Worm promised as he's not running this anymore. Perhaps we can offer some sort of special badge or rank or board feature or something else forum-related. I can't promise anything right now, but we'll see.

The most important thing right now is getting the games from the contestants. And getting judges. If anyone wants to contribute in any way to the prize or creation of a judging system, be my guest. I apologize for letting this drag on for so long. I considered interfering weeks ago but chose to talk to Worm instead. This will not happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

The hold up?

I don't have any entries. Except those three that posted the url to their games in this thread. If I don't have all the games, I can't tell the judges to review them, can I?

Seriously guys, if you participated, give me your game. I sent everyone who posted in this thread a private message asking for their game if they submitted one, but I I only got responses from two people, both of which telling me they didn't enter. Don't you guys still read this thread when I make a new post?

I think it's time to make a new topic. Maybe it'll catch their attention this time.

I wasn't aware of that, that's why I asked.

I think everyone who entered is just unmotivated now. It's been like 2 months since the contest started.

But we can all thank the hosts for letting the contest fall through. This one was actually on the road to success, people were entering, but the hosts had to get lazy.

Guest Shadix
No, he doesn't come here, because he thinks people hate him.

You are aware he joined the military right? We might not see him for a while.

Worm has had time to design Campchan. Doesn't designing a website take just a tad longer than sending two or three private messages to his judges telling them to begin judging?

I spoke to him three or four times telling him how important it was that we finish this contest. I offered to help the last time, but he just kept saying "tomorrow." And he's been active here. He's made more than a few posts. All he had to do was make a judging system, which isn't hard at all. He lost interest and would rather ignore this topic than let us know so that we could finish it ourselves.

And Shadix, you KNOW worm has been active here. Take all your "oh but worm is such a busy person irl" shit and shove it up your ass. There is NO EXCUSE for this. As much as we like worm, we know that he wasn't too busy to do this because what he needed to do wouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes. Or if somehow he couldn't do that despite being active in other parts of the board, he could've passed the job on to someone else. Worm screwed everyone over. High five, man!

Edit: And Midiman doesn't have the games. At least, that's what I conclude from this post:

I'm gonna request everyone _POST_ their games if they can, when the time comes, if it's ok with anyone else at least.

I don't wanna cause a stir, but I can't be online to grab everyones stuff all the time.

Also what did worm say exactly, Brad?

I honestly don't know what to do. I only have three of the games that were entered and no one is responding to my private messages and no one is posting here about their entry. You'd think that they'd enter this topic when they finally see a new post.

Guest Shadix

Rael: We've been over this on AIM dude... I know he is responsible for this thing falling through and I'm not standing up for him there. I've also told you he wasn't even really involved with CAMPchan besides setting up a database and making some witty posts. He supported it, but he certainly wasn't that involved, in fact neither of us were, as it wasn't really a very high maintenance project to begin with.

Quite frankly, he should've taken care of this a month ago when it actually would've made sense to.

It's just, he isn't going to be ABLE to do it anymore, so lingering on it and hating him is not going to help at this point. If you want Rael, let me know who all was involved and I can help with the tracking down of contestants and their demos.

I have no idea. During most of the contest my computer wasn't working so I couldn't really see what was going on. I sent a private message to every user who posted in this topic regarding the contest and only two responded, saying they didn't have entries. If you have any idea where to look beyond that, be my guest.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shadix

Shadix delivers!

Bluefrenzy

Sparkster

http://rael0505.com/download/bluefrenzy/sparkster.rar

HuePOW

Sonic Puzz

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6BCF54E84C7D29E8

Amesuki

Aero Shooter

http://host-a.net/Amesuki/HYPER-AERO-FLIGHT-VEHICLE%20demo.rar

Now we can move along unless Worm manages to find the potentially 2 missing entries. He's not even sure if there were any more.