A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mayhem Re-launched.

Amesuki

(Before I forget XD: Blue Frenzy has been loads of help, and has set me straight on where to go with this. I've got loads of ideas, and new ways to create fun and playable levels, so alot of credit goes to him!)

Blue Frenzy, say to me what you said to him! plz

---

I liked the new title screen, but it seems a bit... weird.

i'd add some dithers( not many) , change the palette a bit(not too much), and fix some shading errors:

attachment.php?attachmentid=477&stc=1&d=1191187693

You're working pretty fast at this project :)

EDIT:

wait, is it Sonic mayhem 2 or Sonic 2 mayhem?

post-361-13863976094_thumb.png

It's Sonic Mayhem 2. There was a first, I did way way back in 2001, however I have lost the file, and never will be able to play again. : ( However It was released on SoaH, so someone may still have it. I dunno. (That was later on when I released it.) I should edit where that two goes, but it looks all wrong if I put it anywhere else.

Ok, I've decided not to use 8bit style music, I can't produce it very well, I can't get the same sounds like I do in the game gear, so I'm just going to do real music, the stuff Im good at...ish

This is something I was working on last night, it still needs some work, but it's alot better than the stuff I got. It also fits the level pretty well: ( I hope this music is better, if not tell me what it needs doing, but I feel it's going in the right direction now)

Rocket Run Act 1: Download Here

Rocket Run Act 2: Download Here

They are in OGG. format, and still some tweaking, but the general feel is there. I hope these are better.

-Amesuki

(And I'll get on with editing the title screen, cheers for your advice Zenor)

EDIT: Is the colour scheme better now? And also on where I reposition'd the 2?

SonicMayhem2Title.png

Ok, so a minor, yet sort'a big update. I have design most of the looks for Rocket Rush (Renamed it). It still needs some more objects, but that will come last. I have design one gimmick so far for it, however I have two other ideas, I am coding in. For multiple paths, well, one route, is underground, below the thrusters, one up on top, riding the rocks, one inside the rocket, and one on the lauching site... you'll get what I mean when you play it soon. I have screen shots of it in progress. Remember I am still working on this:

RRush1.png

General Launch Site Look (The main look of the level)

RRush2.png

The Laser Cannon. When you jump on the switch, it charges up and fires a deadly laser that can hurt you. However it can destroy objects in front of it, like barriers and platforms, as shown in this picture.

RRush3.png

The background rockets decorations.

Rrush4.png

The Riding Rockets Part. Still work in progress. Hopefully, I'm going to have clouds moving in the foreground to make it look like your traveling upwards. Here is where the jumping rockets will be. (The rocket things in Spinball (Showdown).

RRush5.png

The Underground Part (WIP still). Not much to say yet, expect the thrusters will be here, and hopefully lava!

Also here is the soundtrack for it. I will still edit it, until you believe it's not good enough.

Rocket Rush Act 1 (ogg)

Rocket Rush Act 2 (ogg)

(Notes: )

Gimmicks:

1. Laser Cannon (Done)
  2. Exploding Jump Rockets (1/2 Done)
  3. Flame Thrusters (Still to work on)

I hope you like it whats going on still. *Dont worry I will be working on the classic looks after this.* Hope you still have a intrest XD.

-Amesuki

(PS: Website is going to be updated today or tomorrow)

Lol it was originally purplish, but people said it look better red, because of the "clash" reason. I'm actully, the same with you... as this looks nicer:

originalcolor.png

But other people, think its better red... I dunno, I might just stick with this colour scheme... I dunno...

((I have saturated the background and re-done it with stars))((Thanks for advices guys ^ ^)

Update. I have stopped working on Rocket Rush (to have a break from the level) and have been re-working the hud and a new zone called Forest Shores. I have also done a in-game map, like in Sonic 1 GG. Anyway here is a screenshot of Forest Shores Act 1:

ForestShores1.pngForestShores2.png

ForestShores3.pngForestShores4.png

I have three gimmicks planned for this, one done, one in the making and one conceptualized. (1st: Frog-egg Vines, 2nd: Jumping Dolphins and 3rd: Leaf Blowers).

I love the new hud... myself, it really suits the game. Anyway also here is the map, (in-game Sonic 1 GG style'd)

IngameMap.png

There is also another map of Final Furness and Sky Egg, however Im not showing that right now : P

Hope you like the update -Amesuki

(Website updated)

Ok this is going to be one of the last picture/movie updates for a while. I'm gunna give some suprises out later on. Anyway here is a movie of Act 1 Forest Shores. I have decidied that you can play this level instead of Rocket Rush for the demo, because RR still needs alot of work. Anyway in here you'll hear the level music and also Canyon Crisis Act 1 Music at the end. Well enjoy this: (The second run, is another path)

Forest Shores Act 1

-Amesuki

(EDIT: You'll gunna LOVE the special stages. Trust me)

(E.EDIT: @Spike: I'm thinking of getting rid of that GameGear thing... or might add that scrolling in like you said.)

Wow, it looks really nice but as people said the camera is not ok, it's too centered in sonic, try to show the path in front of sonic, and do not center too much when sonic jumps.

The graphics are amazing, looks like a new official GG Sonic game, nice job.

I'm looking forward to this game more and more. Even if you don't get all of those stages finished, you should release it with the ones that are completed. 6 zones is usually sufficient for a Sonic game, and you already have 3 or 4 done from what I have seen.