A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sprite Competition 7: OVER

Kain

Great stuff so far. I love the auto-pilot eggmobile.

Anyway, Donchi's sprite is well within the topic. After all, one of the cited examples was a hazard turned badnik. Maybe it's not the most interesting deception, but that's for the judges to worry about. I find it pretty neat, though, if played correctly. However, like Rael said, the pillow shading makes it look rather off.

Here's my entry. He hides behind a rock until Sonic comes near. At that point, he chucks the rock at Sonic. To defeat him, Sonic must hit him in the head. However, if Sonic misses and hits him on his body, then Sonic will be chucked just like the rock. When he is defeated, a balloon is thrown out.

ROCK SLINGER!

rockslingerqj5.png

• Like 1

Hmm... well, it was supposed to end this Friday (the 6th), actually. Right now we only have 4 entries, one of which is from a temp-banned member (or maybe perma-banned), and another of which is slingerland. I'd really prefer a couple more entries. I'll consider extending the deadline, but extending contests don't usually produce the best results.

But anyone wanting to get in on the action, don't hesitate to do so. Cause one way or another, the show must go on.

I'm having a boring night tonight. Mine is, umm, about 65% finished. Most poses done. It incorperates a badnik and a common gimmick. All for now...

Edit- How is this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=480&stc=1&d=1191282729

I didn't have many ideas. How is it?

EDIT- Sorry it's not in png format.

post-1160-138639760949_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sprites comps. are the thing that make SFGHQ submission zone act 2 active.

I don't think it'd be good to have a break.

If I win, there WILL be a break, because a waiting period after one Spriting competition is appropriate, and it gives people time to chill out and look forward to the next one.

Also, as far as I see, BARELY anyone submitted their entries to the Submission zone after the comp was over, including you (Besides the lamppost).

I think we should start having Spriting contests monthly.