A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the hedgehog:Emerald Chaos: STARTING FROM SCRATCH

sonic101

okay now that you knw where it is what do you think?

ps posted the link on the first page as requested by AeroGP

Better... now add some fading and a music reset.

dunno how

Good job there, actually. He sounds a lot more like himself now.

Thanks.

Besides these things, this game still sucks up a lot of my computer memory. You've still got a long way to go... :/

I know...I know...

For some reason, while playing the new demo, it seems to randomly close on me, so I haven't seen too much new stuff, but from what I did see, it is only getting better. Any idea why the program just exits like that?

not sure, but i did fix a bug concerning the stage timer with time bonus where if you passed 8 minutes it would crash the game giving a memeory error

that may be it.

as of now tho im workign on getting the hit system to work proerly( yes rael0505 that means a recovery period has been implimented in the hit system now, im just having trouble with the spike beds now)

This game was great I loved the homing attack as well and the Wall Jumping. This game has a pretty solid engine. The only thing I did'nt like about this game is the small flaws in the gfx, for example you can see white parts around the edges of the bridge. But those are small so who cares right now this game was cool. I like the level design and menu work as well.

This game was great I loved the homing attack as well and the Wall Jumping. This game has a pretty solid engine..

ANy second now AeroGP's gonna come flying out of the wood works and yell at me for all the mistakes ive made during the programming stages lol

The only thing I did'nt like about this game is the small flaws in the gfx, for example you can see white parts around the edges of the bridge. But those are small so who cares right now this game was cool. I like the level design and menu work as well.

Thanks! Those menu's took a whole day to make work right, and glad you like the level design, it was thanks to pointers from Rael0505 and the others on this thread that the game is coming as far as it has.

From the little bit I got to play, (some of the first level, until it gave me a memory violation error, crashed and bluescreened windows...) I liked it... It was fun without being overly complicated or advanced. I like it..

I also like the choice of screen resolution... 640x480? while I like something slightly less (512x384) the bigger resolution does allow you to do more with your level design. Can't wait to see the rest...

But one thing, the game seems to be a resource hog... took forever to start, locked up both processor cores and crashed eventually...

Is this a gm issue with intel core duo? I'll try it on my laptop or other desktop later...

im running a amd athalon on my pc, and it crashes if i run anything else whilts playing, but normally it doesnt crash on me. I did how ever get the memory violation error on my pc, when i hit the escape key, it only showed up after i added in the"show stage intros when youdie" thing so i suspect it might have to do with that, im gonna look in to it tonight.

Okay here's a new beta release, # 236

Features

- New damage system added replacing the old one

- spike collisions work properly now( part of the new damage system)

- stage intro glitches surrounding death and f3 reset fixed ( also removes the memory error vialtion error message some players recieved)

- 2 new badniks, 1 that orbits a glowing ball the other is liek a stop light with spikes.

heres the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TLDAG21

• Like 1

Everything is going great still. 2 things I noticed this time around:

If you hold a direction while going through your hurt animation, then when you hit the ground you just bounce again.

If you push F3 while going through your hurt animation, then when you restart it will go through it again. I happened to get stuck in Blizzard Peak act 2 because I kept going through my hurt animation at the checkpoint, which sent me falling to my doom, and the spikes at the bottom of the pit didn't seem to work.

pic9-1.png

Keep up the good work.

wanna know whats super annoying, when i tried to press right i accedently clicked 0 and it restart my game.grr

the load game feature does work...you could use that in a reset occurance. the numpad when turned on serves as a beta test level jump,

Didn't want anyone to forget about my project heh, I'm still working on it. Can't wait for SAGE. A few new things, We got a new title screen thanks to

Mark The Echidna

here's a screeny, thanks to him for the new title card

sthec01.jpg

I've fixed one or two glitches, and built up more of the levels. I plan to do my next release at sage. So that some things come as a surprise ect.

Anyway back to work.

May I suggest changing the font on 'Press Enter'? It just doesn't look right to me, especially with a snazzy new logo right above it.

Hmm I'm not sure how to make it look anybetter, i had mark the echidna make the logo and I dunno what to do with the press enter... perhaps i could get him to use the same font and style he used for the logo text...

This game is fun but slow as hell, and a 2D game shuoldn't take up 128mb of ram! I mean when you are developing it with GM yeah it'll use allot of ram, but the stand alone shouldn't reach that high in ram. You need to check things and stream line the game. But it's fun and I encourage to keep at it, just clean up your engine a bit.

This game is fun but slow as hell, and a 2D game shuoldn't take up 128mb of ram! I mean when you are developing it with GM yeah it'll use allot of ram, but the stand alone shouldn't reach that high in ram. You need to check things and stream line the game. But it's fun and I encourage to keep at it, just clean up your engine a bit.

I added object deactivation and that helped alot but i really dont know what it is that cuases all that etra memeory usage