A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Discussion

DimensionWarped

• 3 weeks later...

If it's a compliation sports mini game for the Wii then it's gonna sell big as those tend to be some of the more entertaining and involving games on the console.

I don't know if this is true or not but probably the is selection of characters is just like selecting a Mii where it doesn't matter what you do (Eggman, Sonic, Peach, Mario) the stats are all the same and the different model just serves as a purpose to have a different playable character and winning all has to do with your own personal skill.

Not sure if that's how it's done but if it isn't then I don't see how any Mario character can beat out Sonic or just about any Sonic character in any racing events.

EDIT: Theres stats wtf?

Big was indubitably the best Sonic character ever. Even his voice was awesome. I'd love to see him make a return as playable character.

QFT

im gay lololololz

ummm ok.

I wouldn't necessarily categorize the newer games as "slow," seeing how the entire crux of each game is about holding right/forward for the longest period of time and going so incredibly fast that you have no time to press jump or, in a more recent example, tilt your Wiimote left and right.

• 3 weeks later...

<Bump> For good reason.

So, who got the game today? My mom picked one up today.

Interesting note- Liscensed by Nintendo, published by SEGA. Payback for Sonic in brwal, perhaps?

Interesting. Some modes are hard to control, like trampoline & fencing. Anyone else?

IT'S OFFICIAL!

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938798.asp

MEDIOCRITY!

I rented this game over the weekend and was disappointed at the shallow gameplay and broken controls. I was bored with the game after about twenty minutes. I know that it is easy to call a mini-game collection "shallow," but I'm still playing Wii Sports, a superior title to this cash-in game.