A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nexus [BETA DEMO]

Slingerland

NexusTitle.png

OK, guys. Nexus is back for SAGE 2007 after carrying the show in 2006. This thread serves as the official breaking news/update source on the project as I will be updating the site throughout the week. Why did I do that you ask? To torture you. No, not really. I decided to do updates over the week to encourage returning to not only the Nexus booth, but SAGE in general.

Here's what I'll be updating over the week:

• Screenshots of each zone
  • SAGE 2007 DEMO on THURSDAY, August 8th @ 8 PM EST

The music is all already there for your listening pleasure. Props to Sage for the tracks.

Well, I'll be seeing you next update then! Peace.

~Slingerland

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's booth update is the long-awaited demo.

It'll be released during the SAGE Report tonight, so don't expect it to be released right at 8:00:00 PM EST. We are currently having parallax difficulties.

Yes, I know. Shit always goes wrong at the worst time.

For the love of god, please tell me someone's gonna record this stuff So we can listen later if we miss it?

I get offa work at 5 and im going to go see the Bourne Ultimatum...

Okay, I have to ask this. Why does the game's icon say "SE"? Shouldn't it say "SN" or am I missing something here?

Oh, and I'm betting that in this act passed screen, you have been rescued by tails after beating the boss.

The SAGE 2007 beta demo has been released. Download it in the "Demo" section. A few notes about the demo:

* Act 1 is complete

* Act 2 is a "work in progress." The layout is complete, but it's a 4 minute level and that is HUGE (causes lag on crap computers) and lacking working checkpoints.

* Due to Act 2's size and lack of checkpoints, you can press "F6" to skip the level.

* Due to stupidity, we have no object management system, so lower end systems are pretty screwed when they try to play the demo.

---RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECS FOR THIS NON-OPTIMIZED DEMO: 2.8ghz P4 or better with around 1 GB of ram---

We are going to release a complete demo in the near future, maybe before SAGE ends, that is more complete than the one that is up for download now.

WE JUST DIDN'T WANT TO KEEP YOU WAITING! ENJOY!

Dami told me not to use it like...an hour ago. He GAVE it to me two weeks ago with no warning whatsoever.

This whole day sucks ass. I'll take it out later.

---------------

EDIT:

LET ME REITERATE THIS POINT:

Due to stupidity, we have no object management system, so lower end systems are pretty screwed when they try to play the demo.

---RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECS FOR THIS NON-OPTIMIZED DEMO: 2.8ghz P4 or better with around 1 GB of ram---

If you come and tell me that it's slow...GET OVER IT, because we are WORKING ON IT. F(&AUIPEBGAHIL:BFALFASK:GFsDG