A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Old screenshot thread.

Asuma

I have played it and l love it. Its amazing, honestly. I love the whole intro to zones like SA3.

The only thing I sort of don't like is the pallete on the Negative ring, its the contrast between the red and the white. I don't know if you can do anything about it, but it just doesn't blend like the yellow ring, or the grey.

BridgePicCleaned.png

SwingingPlatformPic.png

Out of sheer boredom and in search of a challenge, I'm attempting various Sonic gimmicks to see if I can put them together. These are 2 that I've done so far.

Also no, I'm not trying to copy what DW is doing. In fact, he can add my gimmicks to his gimmick pack if he desires. I just wanted to see if I could do it myself. =)

I've started a list with requests from others. If you have a specific gimmick you'd like, just let me know.

Meh, I'm still pleased at the fact I was able to do it myself. =P Though about the bridge, were you able to get it to work in a way that uses the position of the piece compared to the holder to know how far to drop and your X position instead of if you're overlapping it to change how the bridge bends? I tried to do it that way but when I ran a loop to check which bridge holder was closest to which piece, MMF didn't perform it right even though I checked it and it should have.

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994

Its not just MMF. I'm also going to release it GM.

As for why I'm doing this instead of DW right now, I wanted to something that could help enhance the release of high quality fangames. And it also happens to coincide with me helping Slingerland out with his project.

As for DW... I'm still waiting for a certain toolset. Shadix knows more about that.

I haven't done the cylindrical turbine with the monkey bars strapped around it that you can spin on in Lava Reef part 2. Also, I haven't made seesaws with those weights on one end either. The only prerequisite for working on them if you want to try them is that they need to be easily embeddable into the 360 engine. Oh, and also they need to not break when using multiple of them.