A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2007: News and Discussion!

shadowgoten

hey when i come over maybe you can take the lid off and we can grill sum steaks on your overheating processor

If PS3 ever drops to $400 ill consider getting one. I thought it would be forever until they were even able to drop the price, but apparently i was wrong.

Although i want it to fail, i hope it at least sells the games i like.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

For me right now Assassin's Creed and NiGHTs are the titles that are making me gitty. (I suppose the PSU expansion should be on there too)

BTW Shadix, have you seen the content overhaul their doing for Ambition of Illuminus? On top of over 200 more weapons, a whole game of more stages (including PSO stages like the Forest, Caves and Mines), and ALL the orginal PSO outfits + tons of new ones, they've also listented to the japanese players and have made alterations to basically every aspect of the gameplay, including finding a way to eliminate mashing the PA button.

If they add all of this AND fix the HORRIBLE slowdown problems, this could shape up to be the one game Sonic Team hasnt sucked at in the last few years.

btw, does anyone here expect that KH3 will be shown this E3?

I dunno about KH3, Square has been pretty tight lipped right now, and I haven't seen any word on their own press conference...which they usually have. We just have to wait on impressions of their games on the field.

Well now, for a completely unbiased opinion on nex gen...I now have every system :D. Ask me about things whenever I finally crack open the ps3 for a test drive.

Okay dude, MP3 just seriously jumped above Brawl AND galaxy on my "Must get now" Wii list.

Basically, IGN got to play a new demo of the game, and the feedback from it was entirely positive. Apparently they argue that the screenshots of this game really dont do it very much justice at all. (and they dont, they look fugly.)

Anyway, they posted a few new gameplay videos, and this game - from the start - blows both previous prime games out the water.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803978p1.html

Read up. Apparently the game starts off with samus out of her suit in a much more calm atmosphere.

The game also is said to have alot of good voice acting, but like i suspected, samus remains mute.

With how interactive the game is looking in these videos, it almost reminds me of Half-Life 2.

I wouldn't expect KH3 anytime soon. A spinoff happening, yes, but *if* Nomura's to direct a full fledged sequel he'll want to do Versus first, and Versus is a 2009 game. On the other hand, Versus is kind of a "mature" KH minus Disney licenses.

Also the Konami stuff was indeed oh shit oh shit SILENT HILL 5 (PS3/360)

It is being outsourced, though ;_;

Well now, for a completely unbiased opinion on nex gen...I now have every system :D. Ask me about things whenever I finally crack open the ps3 for a test drive.

If you have ZOE2 and a way to capture images from the TV, requesting upscaled gameplay pics :3

Hawt

Also check out Rock Band. Harmonix is so going to rape GH3. Content:

Current song list (* = cover):

The Who - “Won’t Get Fooled Again”

Mountain - “Mississippi Queen”*

David Bowie - “Suffragette City”

Black Sabbath - “Paranoid”*

Blue Oyster Cult - “Don’t Fear the Reaper”

The Ramones - “Rockaway Beach”

Rush - “Tom Sawyer”*

Bon Jovi - “Wanted Dead or Alive”

Nirvana - “In Bloom”

Stone Temple Pilots - “Vaseline”

Weezer - “Say It Ain’t So”

Foo Fighters - “Learn to Fly”

The Hives - “Main Offender”

The Strokes - “Reptilia”

Queens of the Stone Age - “Go With the Flow”

Metallica - “Enter Sandman”

Random factoids:

- Full albums will be available as DLC. The Who - Who's Next is the first album

- Shitloads of Metallica as DLC

- Indie bands will be able to submit their music

- Little Steven from Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band is picking the music for DLC

- New DLC every week.

Price the accessories reasonably and I'm in.

Guest Shadix

err, your thinking Harmonix can't outdo their own franchise?

I'm still liking GH3's playlist though. (If only because it has Pearl Jam)

Oh wow thanks for ruining all of E3 for me DW.

At least we're gonna see if Accent Core is online or not this E3.

Edit:

Lol looking at the Mario Kart Wii screenshots, this game is so young in development that it looks like the DS could run its graphics

If you have ZOE2 and a way to capture images from the TV, requesting upscaled gameplay pics :3

Still searching for ZOE2, I have ZOE1 right now though. Haven't done the backwards compatibility stuff yet, I'm gonna get the ps1/2 memory card adaptor today. I LOVE the memory card emulator they have in place on the ps3.

Rock band has me and my room mates excited, we're gonna split 4 ways for the bundle pack whenever it comes out.

Still searching for ZOE2, I have ZOE1 right now though. Haven't done the backwards compatibility stuff yet, I'm gonna get the ps1/2 memory card adaptor today. I LOVE the memory card emulator they have in place on the ps3.
I overcame my fear to buy online and registered on eBay just to get my copy of ZOE2 :3

People have been putting up images of upscaled MGS2/3, and the image is much, much cleaner and slick. Given how ZOE uses the same engine, I was hoping to see improvements on its already stunning visuals, but since barely anyone bought the game no luck so far.

Rock band has me and my room mates excited, we're gonna split 4 ways for the bundle pack whenever it comes out.

I kno rite? I'll be getting the game+guitar bundle and play online unless my sister wants to play the drums and ponies up the difference for the full instrumental pack.

I'm so not singing though <_<

fuck you and all your other games, i want assassins creed nnnnoooowwww. MGS looks nice, but it seems after the rather not so good looking ingame vid they showed last time, they've slipped back into showing cutscenes again. That said, you can't really argue with mega ninja/vampire fights

Ass Creed looks hawt, but its producer Jade Raymond is even hawter

400px-Jade_Raymond.jpg

Fapping aside, I endorse of AC pimping. It's impressive despite the buggyness of the build shown (clipping, floating corpses). I've been interested in the game since I learned about the gameplay, almost completely based on context sensitiveness with Altair's body limbs mapped to the controller layout, altho I'm not feeling the futuristic context :E

Also Vamp rape time for good measure:

mds4rapetiem.jpg

I know it's not technically E3 anymore but didn't feel like making a new thread for such a niche game (if anyone else thinks otherwise go ahead):

Disagea 3 GET (pdf file)

62rq71e.jpg

63m4nz9.jpg

Thanks to the power of next gen, N1 is (barely) achieving the lofty goal of PS2 visuals. Can they break the 9999 level cap? At which point will the game's difficulty curve turn completely vertical? But most importantly... is the man, the legend, an aristocrat with both strength and beauty, the Dark Adons Vyers™ playable? That's what I need to know.

Coming this 2008.