A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2007: News and Discussion!

shadowgoten

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Get one for playing VC games (that the GC controller doesn't feel right for) and call it that. Heck, I don't even have one."

It just doesn't make sense, imo, to have a controller that attaches into a controller for usage. I've heard of having multiple remotes for different things related to your TV (DVD, sound system, etc) but I've never heard of a remote that needs a remote in order to function. Really, whenever someone comes over to play games I give them the controller I don't want. And, if I've only got three controllers lying around (including a classic) that's better than then just two people playing.

"Galaxy looks great, and it looks like they re introduced items changing your appearence for different abilities. (like Racoon mario and Sledgehammer mario.) I see a "Bee" mario."

Woot, that's awesome. And it's about time.

NCSoft? Maybe Guild Wars PS3?

Haze confirmed (timed) exclusive.

Sony deals with Epic. UE3 optimization for PS3. Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 exclusive for 2007, mods and other user created content allowed.

Ubi games now. CoD4, AC, Kane and Lynch, etc.

LOL RE5 too, there goes Microsoft's keynote speshulness. Actually, they're showing more or less MS' third party demo reel, no?

METAL GEAR?!

YES.

Kojima on stage. I thought he wasn't attending omg awesome I love you ZOE3 please

Did he just said plain and barely: "exclusive"? ohshit IT BEGINS

Guest Shadix

:/ Sony's press conference is pissing me off. They are bastards forcing companies to sign exclusivity agreements. Epic games is now gonna developing PS3 exclusives after giving us Gears. :\

Um... I think they're just signing a deal to optimize the UE3 performance specifically to the console. And UT3 is timed. There'll be a Gears 2

VAMP VS RAIDEN OH SHIT

Next week gameplay demo at the Playstation Premiere. Releases early 2008.

Ratchet XDD

Little Big Planet <3

Metroid Prime 3 gameplay video.

Hyper Mode is fucking delicious.

EDIT:

Whoever said SSBB wasnt going to be at E3 lied, they just released a new gameplay video of it.

The new attacking effects and everything look really amazing, and most of the stages look pretty action packed.

galaxy has one too.

www.ign.com

EDit:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21539.html

fatass mario can dip

EDIT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21544.html

They got a chick to play Metroid 3 on the Bigscreen.

EDIT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21546.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21554.html

Lots more galaxy. Looks to me like the best game ive never played.

Edit for Sef:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21541.html

Teh Brawl video.

Sadly, my dissapointment is building because they havent mentioned Online play yet.

Nintendo ALWAYS does piss-poor during E3. They get away with it because thats all anyone really wants to hear about.

They only showed everything we knew they were going to show. Mario Kart Wii would have super suprised me if i diddnt already know EVERYTHING he was going to tell me about it before he even said it.

Wheres the 3rd party super awesome games on Wii? Wheres my Crystal Bearers or my next super awesome FPS game?

Metroid Prime 3 trailer is win and love. omg I must play that Ridley bossfight <3

Sony might have done best this year, but that really isn't saying much... aside from how shit everyone else did.

Psh, Sony's showing was exactly how you do E3: showing the friggin games. Kinda ironic considering how filled with shit (powerpoint slides anyone?) their previous keynotes were. The underwhelmingness of the other two conferences only increased the positive effect they had.

(before they take out the hardware chip that does the backwards compatibility dealio)
PS3's software BC works mighty fine, actually, but I understand why you'd want to be sure. I believe the 60GB models (the ones at $499 now) in the US still are manufactured with the EE+GS combo.
[Wheres my Crystal Bearers

TGS like most of the major S-E stuff.

Ninty is having a 2nd minievent tomorrow, I heard. If true, good chance to pull out the interesting stuff and redeem their boredom fest. Hell, I'll settle for more than 20 seconds of screened footage per title. Maybe we'll see more Wii stuff at the third party specific showings.

Also Konami's going to make a surprise announcement apparently. omfg mgs4 for ngage.

But it'll be Silent Hill 5 omgomgomg :D

Maybe.

On other news, people wanting to see videos and pics go here:

http://www.gamersyde.com/index_en.html

Awesome site.

Rather pleased so far with this E3. No controversial Moore tatoo to rile up the fanbois though. :/

Seriously the MGS4 trailers are just amazing. Perfect example of "next-gen" ever.

Although, even though i wont be getting a PS3, i really wanted this game to be more Jungle-ish like Snake Eater was. Jesus that game was beautiful, im suprised it was PS2 exclusive.

@ Sereph: MGS4 will have different locations, jungles aren't ruled out just yet :3

You shouldn't be surprised MGS3 was only for PS2. Kojima loathes porting with a passion, moreso after the hellish experience MGS2:S Xbox was.

I replayed MGS3 a couple weeks ago, still stunning. I mean, 3D grass blades ffs. Granted the framerate was halved to 30fps, but it was worth it IMO. My mom was watching and loved the storyline :P