A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2007: News and Discussion!

shadowgoten

Min E3 starts tonight at 11pm Est with the microsoft conference, and wednesday morning we get the amazing that is always the nintendo conference at 12pm EST.

So here's the thread to discuss your love and hates (I think we should keep seraph posts to a minimum ;D...nah j/k) but I think we should make a squeenix thread seperate to keep the discussion sane and happy in this one...

Day -1 Trailer page: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/10/e3-trailer-roundup-day-minus-one/ Courtesy of Joystiq

Some neat games on that page, Call of Duty 4 is looking amazing. DoA: Deformed just looks ridiculous. Dungeon hero looks to be a great dungeon crawler. And time shift has now caught my attention...being able to stop time, walk up to some asshole and just yank his gun from his hands is hillariously awesome

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday July 10th

8:30PM - Microsoft Press Event

Wednesday July 11th

9:30AM - Nintendo Press Conference

11:30AM - Sony Computer Entertainment Press Conference

2:00PM - EA Press Conference

3:15PM - Activision Press Conference

4:30PM - Midway Press Conference

5:45PM - Konami Press Conference

Thursday July 12th

8:30AM - Take Two Interactive Press Conference

9:15AM - THQ Press Conference

10:30AM - Ubisoft Press Conference

1:30PM - Namco Bandai Press Conference

3:30PM - Disney Interactive Press Conference

GMT times for the conferences would be 4:30 AM, 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM for MS, Ninty and Sony respectively. Meaning I don't get to see the MS one so I'll miss Peter's well toned ass ):

So like, prediction time:

Microsoft

-Halo 3

-Peter Moore on stage, reveals a MGS4: Subpar tatoo in his left buttcheek.

-Cops on stage, arresting Peter Moore for public scandal.

-More Halo 3

-Red Ring Of Death problem solved: new models from now on will use yellow lights to notify errors.

-Mass Effect looks unbelievable

-Another console SKU, this one is an empty shell and you have to buy the components via microtransactions

-Banjo 3 gameplay shown. Thanks to the power of next gen consoles, Rare has finally managed to add googly eyes to every single object. Victory!

-Duke Nukem Forever X360 exclusive, releasing this fall.

-Microsoft announces Small Great World, a unique and completely original sidescrolling game focused on user created content starring cute characters names Baggirls.

-New Bald Space Marine game

-More Halo 3

-Lost Oddisey and Blue Dragon shown. Look awesome although the UE limitations become apparent in the first.

-Moore back on stage again.

-Makes a big deal of exclusive Beautiful Katamari, although the game fares worse than Viva Piñata (:<).

-More Halo 3

-Ninja Gaiden 2 announced, teaser showing Rachel's boobs are bigger than Ivy's. Itagaki couldn't attend, he's in jail for sexual harassment

-Conference ends with Halo 3.

Nintendo

-Sales charts on how Nintendo is scamming the consumers with last gen hardw- I mean, how Nintendo is succeeding bringing innovation™ and fun™ and saving puppies.

-New Wii/DS lineup announced based on the charts above: minigames and training software galore

-Metroid Prime 3 is <3

-Wii graphics trolling

-More training games.

-CDI games for Virtual Console

-Wii HDD addon announced

-New Zelda is a minigame compilation. Story revolves around Link trying to lower his brain age before Ganondorf makes him eat the birds for dinner.

-No new Bald Space Marine game due to no UE3 support. That's actually a good thing, you know.

-Miyamoto dodges the online questions and reveals Cattendo for DS

-Super Mario Galaxy game of the show. JPN/US release dates announced. Europe? What's that?

-Wii exclusive Rock Band peripheral: cowbell.

-Training, training and moar training

-Conference ends with Reggie cosplaying as Midna.

Sony

-Half an hour of boring powerpoint slides.

-PSP redesign announced, battery dies on stage while demoing Ridge Racer 2.

-PS3 controllers with vibration, rumble is next gen again. May use the Touchsense tech from Inmersion

-lol sony comments everywhere

-In a surprising plot twist, the giant enemy crab becomes friendly after being fed a pancake. He wasn't really evil, only misunderstood.

-New Bald Space Marine game

-Afrika shown, wtf ensues.

-Moar Little Big Planet

-Uncharted is the best thing ever.

-More lol sony + trolling

-FFXIII teaser shown, it's the same old video. Sereph bitches for 2 hours.

-Harrison demoes Singstar on stage, attacking the audience's weak point for massive earbleed.

-15 minutes of GTHD

-Special guest Kutaragi comes up, transforms into a PS3 and rolls out.

After all the conferences have finished a new option called Extra appears on the main menu.

SEGA conference:

-Segata Sanshiro arrives on stage and announces the Dreamcast 2.

-Launches on 9/9/9.

-SA3 bundled with the console

-Shenmue 3 and Panzer Dragoon EX on day one

-MS, Ninty and Sony go third party

-MMO JSR shown

-Internet goes down for the next two months

And that's what's going to happen.

Also leaked Killzone pic lol:

killzonex-large.jpg

2005 CG and/or Halo 3 comparisons in 3, 2, 1...

---

NiGHTS Wii E3 footage is now in youtube.

Gamespot page loaded it up to save themselves time but they didn't add the links just yet. Still, it's possible to access the download area. lolol

Man that nights footage looks hawwt. I'm just hoping they dont dumb the game down for kids.

Also from sega, here are the games they plan on releasing this year:

"Due this fall are Bleach: Shattered Blade (Wii and DS), NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii), SEGA Rally Revo, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, PC) Sonic Rush Adventure (DS), Universe at War: Earth Assault (PC) and Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360). In the holiday season, expect Ghost Squad (Wii), The Golden Compass (Multi), Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, DS). "

Fuck yea, Nights in fall! Also, whoever's played ghost squad at the arcade knows it's a great light gun (light machine gun?) game, but I dunno if it's enough to warrant a 50 purchase.

Dang I forgot all about Banjo and Katamari.. I didn't realize Katamari was exclusive, either. Guess I've got stuff to look forward to afterall.

"Wii exclusive Rock Band peripheral: cowbell."

Don't knock the cowbell, dude. You ever heard "Do What You Want" by OK Go? I swear the cowbell towards the end makes that song (well.. not really, but it is incredibly awesome).

"FFXIII teaser shown, it's the same old video. Sereph bitches for 2 hours."

xDXD Haha, man.. I still care more about Versus, though.

The narrator from the NiGHTS trailer.. wtf. Agreed about the graphics, though.

Graphics could be better, but I don't give a shit. It's fucking NiGHTS! I'm going to be waiting in line to get this game. Not that there will be a high demand, just that I've been waiting for years for this to come out.

Graphics could be better, but I don't give a shit. It's fucking NiGHTS! I'm going to be waiting in line to get this game. Not that there will be a high demand, just that I've been waiting for years for this to come out.

The way i see it, just because its NIGHTS! doesnt give it an excuse to look fucking ugly. I think someone at Nintendo needs to walk out and say "I know we said it's not going to be a 360 or PS3, but stop being so mother fucking lazy."

Ive seen Brawl and i've seen Galaxy. Wii Texture capablities are NOT that sub-par, its shading capabilities arnt that bad, And it can shit out a pretty fucking impressive draw distance, so stop being so gay. I mean hell, there are only about 4 games on Wii that can't be run on the PS2 with VERY minor decuctions. Almost ALL of them can be run on Xbox. (Galaxy would be too far raped to be put on Xbox, but if minus the lighting they could easily do it, Brawl wouldnt be much of a problem either.)

and the only bitching im going to do is bitching that FFXIII isnt being put on 360 because PS3 sucks so fucking bad.

That, and im going to bitch because Nintendo is going to give a shit quality E3 peformance full of Reggie telling us how their kicking everyone's ass. It was amusing before, but i dont really care to see it on E3. Ill read it on IGN sometime when i care.

With the amount of spectacular Wii games coming out (RE:UC, MP3, Galaxy, SSBB, NiGHTS) I think Nintendo should put on a good show at E3. Plus, they might unveil a few new games too (crossing fingers for something like StarFox Assult 2). I don't think anyone is going to pay much attention to Sony.

Nights: Journey of Dreamcasts

Somebody remind developers that people who own Wiis still do care a little about graphics still. Those are some blurry textures.

At least the new screens don't have graphics so sharp they'll put an eye out (remember the beta screens: NiGHTS's hand could cut a fucking log)

Also, the new DoA is targeted towards Pedos.

Dead or Alive isnt even cool anymore. They've gone from Kickass fighting game with cool characters to Girl-Power titties flapping around with every new character being a chick that shows way too much skin with the same Barbie Doll plastic body and oversized titties.

They've went from Fighting genre to Masturbation Genre, and now to allow EVERYONE to masturbate, their releasing a DoA game with children so the Pedo's and R-Kelly can jack off with em.

Nobody minds seeing breast physics or a tad of skin every now and then (in Soul Calibur 2, ive noticed that the females have breast AND ass physics, depending on what their wearing), but when its not realistic its just perverted.

SEGA's throwing another sucker ball. I doubt any of those are going to be good, but they'll sell. And that will give SEGA more excuses to continue to suck ass.

I should know: If I had an XBox 360, I'd pick up SEGA Rally Revo just for the nostalgia.

Bleach, especially, because it gets to ride off the success of Naruto and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai. <_<;