A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2007: News and Discussion!

shadowgoten

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no friend code information spouted so far. But it seems like the online components will be more than just friend code, with servers and such.

Mario kart for wii has been announced!

I saw a bunch of DS levels in the video, along with a bunch of new ones..looks great!

C'mon give us the big whopper already! You guys know they're holding something till the end like always.

I thought Microsoft's conference was rather boring. Time for a correction: Microsoft's was underwhelming.

Nintendo's showing was made of absolute, pure, undiluted, unadultered BOREDOM. The good segments (SMG, MP3, etc.) lasted less than 5 minutes combined. Rest of the conference? Boring talk, training / casual software that doesn't appeal to me in the slightiest, useless Wii features and no less than FIVE sleep inducing montages.

Only Sony's keynote left, I still have hopes for an actually interesting conference to watch (MGS4 trailer bitches). But they'll spend 1 hour damage controlling and showing boring powerpoint slides.

So, what.. does the pad plug into the controller, too? I really hate that. I was expecting the classic controller to be.. a controller and plug into the Wii seperately. I still don't see the sense in that. You essentially waste a perfectly good controller, no?

DW: Yea, but in a game like Smash Bros Brawl I'd rather have that extra controller so more people can play. As opposed to the tilt functionality that's not going to actually be used. Is there some sort of adapter they sell that allows it to be used as a standalone?

Agh, Sony's using Tretton.

But they're already showing games. Quite the improvement.

If anyone else wants to lol open this url with WMP for a decent feed:

mms://a9.l320050008.c3200.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/9/3200/v0001/reflector:50008

So nobody has noticed we have new Galaxy screens and MKWii video has been shown?

Galaxy looks great, and it looks like they re introduced items changing your appearence for different abilities. (like Racoon mario and Sledgehammer mario.) I see a "Bee" mario.

Here's the thing: if you played Melee, you played if for over 1,000 hours; you're accustomed to the Cube's controller, can there's a 95% chance you'll do better with it, especially considering that they developed the game with it in mind. It's pretty much the same, controls-wise.

The classic controller is nice for SNES games (it's physically impossilbe to play Super Mario World on the Gamecube controller. Nintendo doesn't even let you reconfigure the buttons) but logically and financially speaking, there's no reason to buy another set of controllers unless your old ones are busted.

Anyways, I've been fishinh all day, so I need to catch up on everything >_>

EDIT: All I saw on destructoid was Bee Mario, which is less retarded than I thought. Nice to see the jetpack from SMS is being suceeded, since that thing made platforming a lot easier.