A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic PcX Test Play / Tutorial (available on page 4)

z3d

Spike: Also, why do Sonic's spikes always wiggle, no matter what he is doing?

Remember Spike? He's going for a Sonic Adventure type of thing, and Sonic's quill's kept on wiggling even when he came to a complete stop.

I haven't played this game yet, but I will today, and it looks like I'll really enjoy it.

Sweet mother of jesus,man I loved that game it was awsome.I can,t wait for the next demo.Is there any chance of a engine source release of this engine because it would be nice.I bet it would help alot of fangamers at Sfghq in the engines section.....but you don,t have to.lol

HAHAHAHAHA...

Update.

-Fixed bugs and added new features.

-Gamepad support.

-New Scrolling Camera.

----------------------------

ANOTHER UPDATE

-Yeahhh... I'm completely re-making some of the stuff, and the demo's feeling stale... no demo for a while..

-I'm sorry but, I played Sonic CD the other day and realised how f*ckin' cool it is. So, as a tribute, I'm holding progress on Sonic PCx and working on a Sonic CD2. I've already worked out a direct continuation for the story and added a new concept feature to it. (Like Sonic CD had a super peel-out)

-That's about it. Have a good 'un.

ANOTHER ANOTHER UPDATE

-Working on Sonic PcX again. SCD2 Held

• 9 months later...

Not everybody can make their own levels. It may not original, but it still has the potential to be a great fangame. SFGHQ's standards are too high. Z3d, keep going, I like what I see.

edit: It's okay to reuse the same graphics, but you should add some new level ideas and gimmicks to still make it your own level. Bring in something new to make up for it and make it original.

Not everybody can make their own levels. It may not original, but it still has the potential to be a great fangame. SFGHQ's standards are too high. Z3d, keep going, I like what I see.

Well, they can do like the guy who made Sonic and Knuckles Alpha (Sorry forgot his name) and recolor parts from various levels to make one that feels new.

edit: It's okay to reuse the same graphics, but you should add some new level ideas and gimmicks to still make it your own level. Bring in something new to make up for it and make it original.

Yeah that is true, the best way to have spriters make tiles for you is if your game is popular enough like SA:R, and I think it is the same thing with Sonic Nexus. People were more than happy to make tiles for SA:R as of what I saw on the Sonic Stadium forums. But your game looks absolutely fantastic. :aparty:

Keep up the good work!

Lol, yeah I'm back. Thought I'd post to show I'm alive n' kickin'.

Yoo TRD, thanks lol yeah I thought I'd go for an upgrade :D

Soz ParadoxX :(, the old sprite looked really messy when I put it in full screen mode, so I re-did it :-).

And no the levels are not going to be straight from sonic advance, they're just levels I've been using to build the engine on. I'll probably either use parts and combine levels, as well as add my own gimmicks to make it my own, as Rael said.

Oh, or try IcecreamKid's way and try to make it kick-ass enough for people to help with backgrounds etc, but I'm working on the engine at the moment anyway ;-)

A demo won't be released soon because I'm re-doing alot of the features and stuff, for like the 5th time.

And finally hey everyone lol.

edit: Azu there is a page 4, but the demo/tutorial thing is very very outdated in comparison to my engine now. Download it if you like anyway.

• 1 year later...

Hellooooo guys, hope you're all well. Having just started uni has stopped my progress on Sonic PCX almost completely...

AND, the Sonic Worlds engine is so rapishly up-to date I had to use it(!)

pretty much back at square one, implementing the stuff from my old engine into

worlds is outrageously difficult :(

aaanyway, thought I'd just post these screen grabs including the wall kick and sonic boom (wiiith motion blur). In all fairness these shots are pretty sh*t, and the energy bar is purely there working purposes. it's not the finished thing lol.

Also does anyone know how the hell fraps works?? I press the key to record and

nothing happens. (wanna upload videos)

SonicPCX.jpg

Lol thanks DNL. It's gone through enough changes I should hope it still looks ok.

I like the advance style but hate how everyone uses it, well that and it's size. So I fused a bit of advance into my own sprite

And also thanks Azu :) is that the ideal thing I should be using for recording gameplay or is there anything better?

fraps reduces fps doesnt it?