A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Forum Upgrades! - List!

I'm going to be adding a ton of hacks, mods and upgrades to the forum over the next day or two. I got a lot of work cut out for me. As a result, a large portion of the forum will be in and out of construction during today and the next day or two. Thus, you may have technical difficulties. FEAR NOT, this is temporary and will go away as more work is completed, we have backups out the wazoo.

If I break something really bad and Smidge has to restore it with his complete back up, it may take a couple hours to get the place working properly again. If that happens, it's 100% my fault and I sincerely apologize. My bad guys, my bad. However, that's unlikely, with any luck, everything will go just as it's meant to (yeah right), which means a better forum for everyone!

And now after having installed several upgrades and additions, I'll list off what I've added so far, and I will be adding more:

*Some moderator/admin tools that you guys don't need to worry about

*New Warning System! FTW!

*Alternative punishment to banning, known as "The Curse of Misery"

*Lots of new posting and reply abilities! Most of them have new buttons in the post tool bar, but there's some that don't have buttons as well! I'll explain them below.

Ones with buttons:

Background color change the color of your post's background!), acronym (mouse over text for any string of words!) and Marquee! (Makes your text scroll horizontally!)

Ones without buttons and their tags.

Rainbow, uses the rainbow tag in [] brackets. Looks like this:

*NOTE: Rainbow text might not show immediately after you post it. If you refresh however, it should appear just fine.

Strike, uses the strike tags in [] brackets. We've had this one for a while, but it's without a button, so I'll mention it. Looks like this:

STRIKE THEM!

I plan on adding more later tonight and tomorrow, so stay tuned! I'm just getting started!

• Like 1

ROM=/=Forum.

I though Youtube was already embedded by Koray months back? Infact, I know it was. Was it taken off?

Striked words is something I wanted for awhile, so that's cool. Can't wait to see how people will spam utilize rainbow font in awesome ways in the CAMP forum.

I think we lost it when we changed over to www.sonicfangaminghq.com so I readded it, among other things. Still working on more though <3

Adding youtube cancelled for various reasons.

I have a suggestion. Post colors. You'd have to put in your profile.

Basically, you add a color changer in the profile area, whatever color you choose, that's what color your post will be. Example: Say I choose....red

Everytime I make a post, it will be red

Another suggestion. The "hide" button. You make a text, [hide]Download Sonic RUSH[/hide]

What it would do is hide the text in till you make a reply, then it will be revealed.

I have a suggestion. Post colors. You'd have to put in your profile.

Basically, you add a color changer in the profile area, whatever color you choose, that's what color your post will be. Example: Say I choose....red

Everytime I make a post, it will be red

Another suggestion. The "hide" button. You make a text, [hide]Download Sonic RUSH[/hide]

What it would do is hide the text in till you make a reply, then it will be revealed.

I can try, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do those, but I'll see if I can find a hack or something similar to your suggestion.

No post colors please. It will only lead to assholes using colors that are hard to read on either the light or the dark template.

limit4.gif
But it could be useful for not worring about different forum skin colors when posting .gif sprites with a transparent value... Guess that somewhat defeats the purpose

Oh well, easy enough to punish people for abuse.

Neat stuff, I suppose, though I hope I won't be making any more use of them in the near-future.

Might I note that any and all of these can be flicked off like a light switch. If people start being stupid with them, I turn them off, the end. The idea is for use with things like game titles and the like in the Sonic Fangames Forum. Example:

By Sonic Fangamer

My game features:

Something

Something else

Screenshots:

Screenshots

Download Link

Tons of emoticons now, click more in the post box for the list of them. I've adjusted it so that the large ones don't appear in the post box on the right and bother the tables, it's all nice and neat <3

:Shadow:

:Tounge:

:SonicJob:

:SonicRun:

:SonicWait2:

:(<

:Vader:

:SSJ:

:SonicWait:

:Endless:

:Goku:

:Spidey:

:Jabber2:

:Yarr:

:Free:

{=D

:TailsBal:

:roshambo:

==============================================================

Another batch added!

:Bounce:

:Coffee:

:Saw:

:Lurk:

:Afro:

:Hang:

:Rasta:

:OMGWTF:

:Roll:

:DeskBang:

:lol:

:Sick:

:Chug:

:Puke:

:Med:

:LOL2:

:Smoke2:

:Smoke1:

:Gandalf:

:Pac:

:Maul:

=============================================

Raided badass buddy for even more.

Please don't abuse these outside of CAMP, thanks.

Those icons suck. Let's put in the ones from the phpBB that Ink made instead.

=Smidge=

We can add those AND these ones. There's really no limit to the number we can have. I'd like to put in the ones ink made too but I don't have them =( Infact, if anyone has ANY smilies they want me to add, just post them in here.

And I'll have you know I'm rather fond of these two:

:Spidey:

:Chug:

BTW, I'm completely against marquee. It's not part of the Web standards.

Part of the what? What the hell are you talking about? What, these people?

http://www.webstandards.org/

Hey, I don't care about what they say is standard, as far as I'm concerned this is a firefox supporting website. If it works in FF, it's good enough for me. Unless you mean the wiki definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_standards

In which case, go ahead and grouch, your complaint has been noted, but I don't see not complying with some silly standard that someone imposed as being reason enough to deprive the board of a feature that you don't HAVE to use anyway.

OH! And TRD, thanks for the compliment on the avatar. JSonic actually made it as a gift for me, I'm digging it too. Gotta find some way to hit him back for the favor later :squestion: