A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

300 is...

Slingerland

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix
"You should be glad I even bothered to read that 3 page long pile of crap rant of yours..."

"...showing your complete refusal to give the movie a chance and taking the critic route, which makes movies very hard to enjoy."

Apparently you didn't bother to read much, as I've said about 3 times now that I actually liked the movie and that it was a lot better than I had anticipated. I liked the art direction, save for the pixelies, the way they did some of the fight scenes (with the slow-to-fast-mo), and various other things. How do you completely miss me saying I liked the movie?

Nah, I read it, you are automatically assuming I didn't read the part where you ended up liking it just because I didn't bother commenting on that part. You seem to have forgotten that my response was a response to your previous response, not a direct response to your quote.

I was merely summarizing the visualization you gave me as you entered the movie, which is why I believe you liked it but didn't get all fanatic about it, because you seemed to be going in there with a critical attitude looking for a reason to not like it.

---

Oh yeah guys, News for renewing topic:

The Iranians get pissed about 300.

Apparently 300 is now a psychological war weapon against Iran for it's negative depiction of the Persians. I guess Iran completely looked over how this Comic Novel started and WHEN it started.

"You seem to have forgotten that my response was a response to your previous response, not a direct response to your quote."

. . . I think you just killed my brain with your stupid. First of all, even if your response was only to my previous response of da' response dat you done been respondin' to from da quote 'o da response I posted, you referenced my original post. In fact, that was the majority of that post, here's a tidbit for you, and I quote: "You should be glad I even bothered to read that 3 page long pile of crap rant of yours sheerly for the purpose of making a martyr out of yourself." So, no, I didn't forget anything. You just conveniently didn't mention it.

"I was merely summarizing the visualization you gave me as you entered the movie, which is why I believe you liked it but didn't get all fanatic about it, because you seemed to be going in there with a critical attitude looking for a reason to not like it."

The same way I gave you the visualization that I'm a sheep because I, apparently, don't like Greek/Roman movies which I never actually said. But I mean, you obviously know more about Aaron than I do, right?

lol at the iranians, who is the 'cultural advisor' guy anyway. also, why didnt they bring this up before when the comic its based off was released? and the spartans were just as much savages (although i think they are portrayed as noble martyrs in the film, yet to see it), and a bunch of skantly clad ancient greeks hardly represent the few noble western countries left stemming the tide of islamic extremism and communism..do they?

god bless america etc...

i was reffering to the article posted by Shadix...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070313/wl_mideast_afp/afpentertainmentusiran_070313120951

A cultural advisor to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad described the film as "American psychological warfare against Iran."
"Hollywood declares war on Iranians," said the headline in the reformist daily Ayandeh-No
"It seeks to tell people that

Iran, which is in the Axis of Evil now, has for long been the source of evil and modern Iranians' ancestors are the ugly murderous dumb savages you see in '300',"

some choice quotes

also, i would say its just a bit of 'armless fun. but he lost his leg. so yeah

Guest Shadix

Sling: Although apparently you read them, at least enough to complain about them, so that comment was pretty redundant and immature.

...you know... Rereading over this topic, I just realized that I completely lost track of what was going on >_>. It was like, comment towards Scatta urging him to see it, angry response from Scatta, elaboration of comment towards Scatta, 3 page post which confused me as to what the issue was, really asshatish response from me, asshatish response from Scatta, chaos.

To think this all started from me urging him to set aside any preexisting dislikes with the type of movie 300 is and to go see it. (I assumed it was because it was Roman\Greek epic because of his negative reference to Gladiator as a reason for disinterest.)

I need to IM Scatta and settle this before things get uglier.

---

ONTOPIC POST:

Khorney: I found it odd that they tagged THEMSELVES as being in the current "Axis of Evil", really makes me question if they are causing more damage to themselves than what they claim Hollywood is. It also made me lol how they most of them don't realize that it's based on a comic written before all this stuff in the Middle East even started.

See, that's the problem. I never said that bit about Gladiator, that was someone totally different. I don't know how many times I said that it didn't have to do with it being Greek/Roman and yet anything I said you simply ignored it because, and I quote it was "a 3-page long pile of crap." A pile of crap that apparently confused you, because you didn't actually read it for what it was- mainly my opinions on the movie and tried to make out the entire thing to be some sort of attack on you in an attempt to make a "martyr" out of myself. Also, you didn't just "urge" me, you flat out said I was an idiotic sheep who can't think for himself which, whether you'll admit it or not is an insult. Lesson? Try and get your facts straight before saying something potentially insulting and when you do, actually read what is being said to you rather than continuing to support your original statement.

Bam, it's settled. Although I've said all of this multiple times already.

Sling: Although apparently you read them, at least enough to complain about them, so that comment was pretty redundant and immature.

To be honest, I should have used the word "skimmed" instead of "skipped."

I just wanted to know what crawled up my li'l buddy's ass and died. You've had a pretty odd disposition since your return.