A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

300 is...

Slingerland

THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE

Writing...awesome

Choreography...awesome

BATTLES...awesome

Experience...awesome

Special Effects...awesome

Acting...awesome

My friends and I had a massive, manly, shirtless, snowball fight in the University Plaza afterwards...at 2 in the morning, because it made us feel so empowered (and because they're all theatre students...lol crazies). 300 is easily the most amazing, action-packed, and masculine movie you'll ever see.

Period.

5 FUCKING STARS. 10 OUT OF 10. A+.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

What?! It's an adaptation of a comic which is an adaptation of a book which is an adaptation of historical battle about 300 Spartan soldiers holding off the massive Persian Army for like a week?

I do believe all you naysayers should consider rethinking your views if only to conform to your own personal stereotype. Gladiator this is not.

Shadix: So wait.. we have to automatically like this movie just because of the fact that it's based on like a million things otherwise we're conforming? I watch movies I find interesting and this I do not. Sure, I guess the fights would look cool, even if there's random specularity all over the place that reminds me of a next-gen FPS. It's something that I'd download- not something I'd spend 7 bucks + candy/popcorn and drink on.

"We will blot out the sun with our rain of arrows!

Well, then...we shall fight in the shade."

Ugh, that just screams corny.

Yea, I know what it's about and it does sound like better material for a movie than half the other crap that's come out recently (Epic Movie, anyone?). That being said, I'm still not interested in seeing the movie. I mean.. I'd watch it if a friend had it or something but I'm not in any hurry to see it. To be honest though, there's pretty much nothing on my list of things to see at the moment. Nothing's really grabbing my attention.

Spartan's are the fucking toughest mofo's ever to walk the face of the earth. The fighting style they employ, good god, with the shields and all that jazz.

I don't really understand why you could bash the artistic direction they took with the movie until you actually watch the movie, it looks great!

Nah I respect your opinion Scatta. Of course. As long as the only reason that you don't like it, is because everyone else does. And since I know you aren't like that it's fine with me. Some things just don't appeal to others and we shouldn't chastise people for that.

Oh-ho-ho? The same way half the people here can bash games before they've even played them.

Only, (1) that actually makes less sense because you don't exactly know how a game plays without playing it, you can come to a conclusion on how a movie looks by watching a trailer because you're seeing how it looks (2) I'm not bashing them only saying that I'm not a fan of it- there's a complete difference. In fact, the only thing I've said that can be considered "bashing" is that line I said I thought was corny but that's not really even close. I'd see it probably for the art direction and not so much because, as you all keep putting it "it's awesome" or because it's a "guy movie."

It's also worth noting I didn't see Apocalypto either.

"

We will blot out the sun with our rain of arrows!

Well, then...we shall fight in the shade."

Ugh, that just screams corny.

That's what was ACTUALLY documented on the field of battle in the real Battle of Thermopylae. If you read up (I, personally, used an encyclopedia), you'll find the dialogue is quite suited for the movie, regardless of the cheese factor. It's intense shit.

"

That's what was ACTUALLY documented on the field of battle in the real Battle of Thermopylae. If you read up (I, personally, used an encyclopedia), you'll find the dialogue is quite suited for the movie, regardless of the cheese factor. It's intense shit.

Historically this movie is a failure. But it wasn't meant to be accurate. So I enjoyed it anyways.