A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Final Fantasy Crisis Core (PSP)

TRD

Aren't people getting just a little ____ing bored with Cloud fighting Sephiroth? I mean, first you had the game... that was cool. Then you had the movie... that was uh... ok fanservice I guess. Then you had one or two cell phone games. Meh. Now you have another portable game for a handheld homebrew emulator machine. I mean damn, Final Fantasy 7 was fun the first couple times through, but now it seems Sephiroth is just harder to get rid of than those replicator things from Stargate.

I mean shit dude... How much can they milk Final Fantasy 7? Why isn't Final Fantasy 6 getting some of the milking it deserves?

Ive been saying that for Y E A R S dw, but everytime i say it, it's deemed as SE hating and i get banned.

That was a great game, but its damn overrated now. They keep doing it because everytime they mention BUSTER SWRD Vs 1 WINGED ANGEL you guys cum in your ____ing pants.

I liked FF7. I still like it. That said, I'll agree with the two cents you guys are throwing in - all this spinnyoffy-tude is a bit much.

If Crisis Core completely and utterly kicks ass in it's own right when it's released (and not just as a piece of Cloud merch) then I'll take that back.

Eh, be glad they're at least bothering to make them whole new games instead of porting the original (see FF1 for that <_<). If it's of any consolation, I believe there's only one FFVII game left to finish the project.

Back on topic - the recent Castlevania announcement might have been the last straw for me, so it appears I could be purchasing a PSP eventually. I'd get this too, and let's face it - milking aside Square CAN deliver a kickass game with Crisis Core. Surely won't be worse than Shadow lolz

ffcchm0.th.jpg

Was the bitching similar with Metroid Prime Pinball and Hunters btw?

no...I'm saying the quality of the compilation of FF7 has not been up to par, and keeping a handheld that has a mediocre library with maybe 2 good titles just for another cash-in is foolish.

And don't pin this all on Blue and I. Most of the people who responded are also fed up with FF7, and the other two who aren't, aren't basing the fate of their $250 handheld on it.

@Phoenix:

Hm...well from the way you said it, I guess I miss understood. Forget about it then. Yes I'm am keeping my PSP because of Crisis Core, if that's what you think, well you're entitled to your opinions.

EDIT: Also some pretty decent games are coming out this year so I'm sticking around for that.

*The Warriors

*Tomb Raider Anniversary

*Jackass

And more that I can't think of right now.

Oh, it wasn't bad, per say, but it was a let down. Pretty much the whole compilation was, except mayby AC, but people still found it stupid and wierd. I at least thought it was pretty, though I didn't care about anything else.

At least BC met expectations of being a dull cell phone game.

EDIT:...Jackass? And a port of a PS2 game?

The only games worth getting on the PSP are the new Metal Gear and Loco Roco, and maybe Every Extend. Until Sony gives up and lets homebrewers and indie developers do their thing, PSP is going to be the new Game Gear.

And don't pin this all on Blue and I. Most of the people who responded are also fed up with FF7, and the other two who aren't, aren't basing the fate of their $250 handheld on it.

I wasn't trying to pin it on you and blues for the record, I got upset because it sounded like you two were bashing the topic because I'm a FF7 fan and I'm keeping my PSP because of Crisis Core.

Quoted Blues:

"great more ff7tards ____ing bothering the psp scene only a matter of time before all the HOE DO I MAK ISO WROK comes in shit"

Quoted Phoenix:

"Crappy FF7 Compilation is crappy. What a shit reason to keep the PSP. Load it up with cool homebrew."

DW and Sereph were just fed up with the FF7, they weren't bashing the topic because I'm a FF7 fan and that I'm keeping my PSP because of it.

That's how I saw it, I may be mistaken, but I'm not pinning nothing on no one.

Was the bitching similar with Metroid Prime Pinball and Hunters btw?

MP: Pinball was awesome. It was actually a good pinball tie-in. As for Hunters, it was hyped from the DS launch and failed to deliver on the single player campaign. Multiplayer was fun for a little while, but the hackers made it not fun. Plus...the sniper laser and alt forms were so damn cheap and impossible to avoid.

@On-topic: FF7 is not that great. Kekekekeke.

FF7 was a truely amazing game, simply because of how they tied the storyline in with the Characters, and then killed half of them off. The story was also pretty damn generic.

Now its just annoying. FF7 was a great game with a great world, but i REALLY dont like it that much outside the orginal. The game was horrifically dark (in the best kind of way), and them trying to slowly turn the Final Fantasy series into Devil May Cry will always be outdone by those who do it better, so i dont see why they just dont simply go back to the ATB battle engine, up the graphics and speed a little bit, and leave it alone.

So far, the only game to do that since FFX-2 is FF13, and thats out of the picture because im not buying the PS3. The storyline, like FF7, seems highly generic, the character actully is cool (Lightning is an awesome name.), and the battle's look interesting, although we havent been able to tell if the game is actully ATB or FF12 on graphical steroids yet.

And before you bitch about how horrible FFX-2 was, X-2 had the best battle engine out of ALL of them. Aside from the lame costume changes and pretty lame storyline, the battle engine was perfect IMO: ATB with actual "real-time", where although it runs off a Turn based system, you were free of time restrictions, and you could actully attack at the same time/Attack before the enemy attacks you. Aside from that, the Free Camera in X-2's battle scenes made large scale enemys just look awesome.

Then they went and ruined it.

Although i HATE the changes, im eventually gonna beat FFXII. (3 of my friends got it on launch date, im working on getting a borrow now.)

EDIT-

Wtf?

The only true Metroid "spinoff" i know of is Metroid:Zero Mission, and that turned out pretty spiffy.

I havent got hunters yet, but the pinball was fun. (Hell, i still enjoy that age old Pokemon Pinball for the GBColor with the rumble pack in it.)

Besides, we all love metroid, and because MP3 ends the Prime series, they can actully afford spinoffs. (That is, unless the rest of the Wii Metroid games will have nothing to do with Metroid Prime and Phazon.)

FF7 on the other hand has WAY expired its number of avalible spinoffs before it just comes off as obnoxious.