A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Secret Rings update

Serephim

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how no-one knows if the game supports a custom soundtrack system using the SD cards or not.

So? Quit asking? We don't know yet?

HAY ESS PEE, DID YOU KNOW THAT THE WORD "GULLIBLE" IS NOT IN THE DICTIONARY?!?! EL OH EL EL OH EL

oh damn...DW got to the gullible joke before me...

shaym on u dee dubya i hayt u

Wow, that level seems a great deal faster than the others.

Edit:

I also think im going to enjoy the storyline as well if they just keep it simple.

By judging the ending CG of the trailer, im guessing the main objective is getting to that Eraser guy in his castle by going through all the objectives and stuff he throws at him.

And because its only sonic, i dont really think they can screw it up that bad.

(although i personally want them to go back to just Sonic and Tails and re-hire his SA2 actor.)

You do realize that article is a gag, right?

No. I thought that maybe I could take SFGHQ seriously at least a fraction of the time. In the sue happy world we live in, the gag is not far fetched.

And you solely point this out to me when it is apparent I wasn't the only one to fall for it? Pfft.

I just noticed in that new Foundery video that not only sonic is running ALOT faster than usual (most likely due to those skills they were talking about), but instead of simply speeding up his running animation, they gave him a new one that closely resembles his full speed animation from SA2.

Glad they did that, because on one of those clips in the old videos where hes running from the dinosuars, his running looked REALLY cheezy.

Anyway, im not as skeptic about this game as the other ones, because im glad that instead of making the stages Sonic is involved in exist only due to some retarded apocalyptic plotline, its tied into a more "Sonic Friendly" story like Arabian Nights, which can result in so many different environments, bosses, and gimmicks that they should have alot to mix up the stages with.

Just hope the replayability holds off better than it did in Sonic Riders.

edit- Hey i also saw sonic hit a few Zelda-Style backflips too.

GAMESPOT PREVIEWS THE GAME AND ADDS 3 NEW VIDEOS:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/sonicrevolution/index.html

Holy shit, this game has to stop looking so awesome. A new level is revealed, Pirate Storm, as well as a gameplay mechanic. By holding the 1 button, Sonic will pause and will allow for some platforming goodness. Now, that's awesome, because the gameplay varies just a little bit more (it's not just balls to the wall speed, which isn't bad, but you need to break it up every once in a while).

This game keeps looking better and it's something I'd totally be willing to pop 50 bucks on. I would think that the various complaints that have been made over the years would still hold true. Prime example being the boss-like things that mimic the bosses of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Advance 2, I don't really care for them.

At any rate, I still want a decent Sonic party game or something. Granted this has party game features but like.. I'd like a decent Sonic Shuffle 2 that isn't impossible to beat perhaps?

GAH! After watching those new videos, I cannot hold it back any longer. My anticipation has gotten to a point where if this game blows, I will be violating my own propositions with my bitching.

This game looks beautiful, from a graphical and gameplay standpoint. I think it has the potential to be the best Sonic of the 3D era. Yes, better than SA 1&2.