A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Slingerland

Slingerland

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to say it though the physics of the game gave me scary reminders of of Sonic: Genesis... Maybe it was just me forgeting how Sonic games play.

That is a huge insult. I suggest you take that back. Nothing is as bad as Sonic: Genesis.

Thanks for pointing out the insufficient amount of rings.

OK...I don't understand any of your guys' thinking sometimes. At SAGE, the acceleration was "awesome." Now, it's "slow."

I guess I'm bumping it up.

EDIT: After a survey of non-forum goers and some members, the current acceleration wins. I'm not changing it...maybe by a hundreth of a decimal, but that's as far as I will go.

The acceleration was a lot slower than most Sonic games. I had trouble just jumping over a simple spring. And yeah, the boss did go on quite a long time; and he did comparatively little for taking that much damage to defeat.

The acceleration in genesis Sonic games is 0.04768 pixels, so it isn't slower than the original games.

I think the acceleration is comfortable. Don't raise it too much Brad.

Finally got around to playing it. The level design's good, it has exactly the same feel as Emerald Hill in Sonic 2. As much as I hate the emerald hill bgm and boss music, the remixes Sage made rock. Only thing I don't really like is the boss.

Good job.

I didn't go in detail because I already talked to Brad about it on aim and I was lazy to type. It's a bit too simple. He moves left and right and drops bombs. He could, for example, fly up left and right dropping them, then come down to Sonic's level and fly across and try to hit him with the drill, then fly back up. Also the boss "arena" seemed a bit big, though that's just my opinion.

Not bad, but I think the boss could've been a lot better.

That's some good reasoning. I agree with you, Rael. I still like it just because it's a sleigh with a drill (I assume you all caught the whole Emerald Hill vibe) and present bombs.

I, personally, thought the hit count was fine, because you could easily just keep jumping and jumping on him. When we had the hits around, like 10 or so, it went to fast...then everybody'd complain about that.

That's some good reasoning. I agree with you, Rael. I still like it just because it's a sleigh with a drill (I assume you all caught the whole Emerald Hill vibe) and present bombs.

The ideas are good, but that alone isn't enough for a good boss. You could've done better with them.

And to hit him all you have to do is continuously jump up. It takes no skill to hit the boss. A boss that requires fewer hits but takes more skill (or time) to attack is a lot better than a boss that you can keep jumping up at. Even Green Hill's boss, despite always being within reach on the platforms, was not able to be hit all the time due to the swinging ball.

But it doesn't need to be perfect anyway, this is a christmas gift after all. Thank you santa <3