A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Slingerland

Slingerland

It's finally here! After one week of delay due to the sheer awesomeness that is the final product waiting to be unwrapped by you, the SFGHQ members, you finally get to open it!

Nexmas.png

Please, click HERE and dowload it. Special appreciation and thanks go to:

Sage for the music

DW for the boss programming

Damizean for the engine, gimmicks, and testing (as always)

Aerosol for the Egg Sleigh

Damien the Bat for the Egg Santa

Slingerland for the win (lawl...eveything that's not what is mentioned above)

SEGA for the backgrounds and badniks

EDIT: CONTROLS - SHIFT=THE ONLY BUTTON YOU'LL EVER NEED.

The game is only one act with a boss battle. It will be built upon every holiday season with more levels and more Christmas cheer.

I know it's late, but it's still the holiday season! Enjoy this new, Christmas remixed Sonic Nexus mini-game! I plan on releasing future demos/mini-games at each major holiday leading up to the Nexus release [sAGE 2007], each with remixed levels to suit the season. Now that I have this idea, I will not have any more delays for these future mini-projects. This one had to be pushed, due to the fact that I started 3 days before Christmas Day. As stated above, Sonic NeXmas will continue after Nexus' release to grow into its own game.

It has been an amazing 2006 for all of us. Happy New Year! I'm going to go get trashed....I'm so tired...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I died 3 times trying to hop the gap in the center of the stage near the 10 ring box. increase the acceleration please.

- Aerosol needs to shade the eggsled, badly.

+ Corkscrews. I loved those.

+ Bridges, even though some select people can do those now.

- Long Boss , 12 hits is enough.

+ Christmas Hill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

= 8.5 / 10 ( OH GOSH )

Wouldve loved it if it werent for the acceleration and being to slow to pass a spike.

You know, I hate to break it to you, but in Sonic 2 if you tried to jump over a spike while hugging it in a cave like area you'd fall on it too. The acceleration is fine.

If you have room to jump, then you can get over the spike.

And if the boss died as quickly as that, you wouldn't get to be the victim of the glorious present bombs :'( You can already kill him in less than 2 complete passes.

I should've rephrased...pros, cons and scores. I hate scores. I just know the engine and comments so well from SAGE that I really don't want to see them right now. I was kind of expecting a moment where we were all like, "Awww, thx slingz marry exmas."

"- I died 3 times trying to hop the gap in the center of the stage near the 10 ring box. increase the acceleration please."

Wow...how did you manage that?

hay guyz...thanks for the well-wishes. I should've put presents in the capsule at the end, no? Well...that's all you get from drunk Sling. Muhahaha. I hope you all went to jaasome parties like I did and enjoyed this New Year's Eve.

I can't believe I just posted in this condition and have not slipped into blazefiresque gramatical structure. I rule.

Finally got around to downloading it. The music in that game is just Epic. I also found the boss battle to be a little long, but thats personal preference. As much as I hate to say it though the physics of the game gave me scary reminders of of Sonic: Genesis... Maybe it was just me forgeting how Sonic games play.

Also, I think this needs to be discussed for all fangames: the placement of rings. I think there were too few. Not too few as I couldn't find any, but too few as there just wern't enough in the level. I'm going to do some reasearch into that topic.

I thought there was a serious lack of rings as well.

It's in there. Don't worry. Anything you see in one of my games will be in that biatch.

Both the corkscrew and the bridge are dami's gimmicks though... we should get his persmission to put it in the gimmick pack. He'll agree of course, but its still the proper thing to do :P