A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Self-Portrait Thread - Mega-Update

StarKrafter

Right, here's the lowdown. I've been inspired to set aside time for drawing a total of one self portrait a day, everyday for three years in order to obtain 1000 self portraits. (Talk about egotistical, eh?)

I know of other people who have done this, and it's amazing to see how they progress throughout the years. So that's what I'm in this for. The experience, as well as the fun of it.

I also created this thread for anyone who would like to post their self-portraits. So please feel free to do so. ;D

Allow me to start,

Self%20Portrait%20copy.gif

Self Portrait # 1

Drawn from observation,

Media Used: Conte Crayon

Sorry Scatta. I really don't know the best method for that.. Try the black paper thing with the flash turned on in a room with moderate lighting. That might work. :x

Haha, I hope you guys like my face as much as Rael does. Because chances are, you're going to be seeing alot of it.

Self%20Portrait%20%232%20copy.gif

Self Portrait #2

Drawn from observation

Media Used: Mechanical pencil and Conte Crayon

Streak took the words right off my keyboard, LOL! But that is sweet! I'm gonna try this myself, I'll upload it when I'm done, I can tell you now, don't expect something like Starkrafter's, but only time will tell.

EDIT: Alright, here it is, to be honest this is my very first self-portrait so things may be alittle off, *Shrugs*:

ATTACHMENT REMOVED.

I would of added color (To my skin) but I believed it would of F@#$ed it up, all comments are welcome.

EDIT: I meant for this to merge, I don't know why it stopped doing that.