A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The official I have a Wii topic :D

shadowgoten

Or, you know, you could just download every rom and existence, buy a cheap video card a video out (many have them nowadays) and play it all on your TV.

Throw in an Xbox 360 controller and you are set for a complete console experience without a million micro transactions.

--

And omg... This topic is getting DW long.

What's with you and all this "mature" business?

Well its about time Nintendo gets more mature games like Far Cry and Red Steel...And I'm sure a lot of people think the same way.

Or, you know, you could just download every rom and existence, buy a cheap video card a video out (many have them nowadays) and play it all on your TV.

My computer sucks I can't play N64 roms. I keep trying but it's just slow. And I'll have to find an inexpensive but good video card. Alot of cards I see are like over $200 bucks.

Got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I love the game, but don't let the commercial fool you. You don't imitate the moves with the Wii controller to pull them off. It's just swinging and poking, like in Twilight Princess. I'm not sure if Nintendo will put Perfect Dark on VC. Dose'nt rare own Perfect Dark? I mean, I'm sure we'll get Donkey Kong 64, since it was Nintendo and Lord Miyamoto who originally created Donkey Kong, but I'm skeptical about Jet Force Gemini and Perfect Dark. Oh, and someone mentioned that Nintendo needs more games like FarCry and Red Steel? Did'nt those games kinda suck for the Wii. I'v not played them, but I'v read reviews and heard plenty of compaints.

On a side note... I like the way Tony Taka draws. Anyone played Shining Tears for PS2? He did all the artwork for that game. I bought the stratagy guide just becauce of this. Nuff Said...

Edit: Some interesting things about the new Smash Brothers too. Many of you may have seen this, but I think all the characters have new "super" attacks. Kirby cooks, Mario shoots a giant fireball, Link traps someone in a triforce and slices em up, and I think Wario farts. Something that I think would be neat would be weapons that you can ride on, like the Rino from DK, Samus's ship, Epona, and a Mario Kart. Just a thought.

I can only get online at the college as of now, so I'm offline until early January. I'm still wondering if it was a mistake to download Golden Axe instead of Gunstar Heroes. My friend Tate is waiting for Rocket Knight Adventures and Dynamite Heady. Then he told me he'd stab me to death and take my Wii.

Not sure why Red Steel got such bad reviews, I know the graphics are subpar, but I had a blast with it.

Well, there are multiple things that seem off about it. The theme isn't all that interesting, there aren't enough things to do multiplayer-wise, and the control... doesn't seem so great. It's still fun as heck getting the headshot from all the way across the field (I play Wii in some other guy's room; he doesn't have component cables because those go to his 360 on his TV, so it's kind of blurry at that distance).

I can only get online at the college as of now, so I'm offline until early January. I'm still wondering if it was a mistake to download Golden Axe instead of Gunstar Heroes.
Yes. And Sparkster would rock so hard if I wasn't such an emu junkie.

Not to mention we've played about 60 different versions of SMB and Street Fighter. I remember the awesomeness of Ice Hocky. Hopefully Baseball will come back too (played that a lot) and perhaps Double Dribble.

I vote Mischief Makers next N64 VC game. I can't emulate it on my laptop because it runs too fast, and I don't feel like hooking up my N64.

I played the rom. Still have it. It's neat, but I just don't have as much fun with it as I do the other Kirby games. Something just doesn't feel right when I play it.

Punch-Out. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. None of that Mr. Dream bull____. (Until then, my friends and I play WiiBoxing as Little Mac and Mike Tyson.)

Star Fox 64. Not the old SNES one, though.

Megaman 64 (aka Legends). I'm surprized 50 million Megamans aren't on VC.

I wish Wii had Saturn games...

I want me some Kirby: Super Star and Dream Land 3. Oh so bad. Super Star for the co-operative play and DL3 for the fact that I've never played it before.

Slingerland you are awesome, I love the SNES kirby games so much >.<. I'm waiting for superstar and it damn well better be out by January.

Anyways, Toe jam and earl is awesome, my brother and I managed to get 7 pieces of the ship before being mauled by the shadow walker dude.

PG, they've already got Starfox 64 out in Japan's virtual console I believe..or at least they announced it already. So very soon we will have it.

Games I want list

TurboGrafx16

Splatterhouse

Genesis

Dynamite Heady

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

MegaMan the Wily Wars

Splatterhouse2

Splatterhouse3

Castlevania

Streets Of Rage 1-3

Golden Axe 2

Phantasy Star 4

Vectorman 1 & 2

Ninja Turtles

Double Dragon

Sparkster

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (2 Games)

SNES

All the Japanese Gundam Games (yeah right...)

Super Double Dragon

Kirby Superstar and Dreamland 3

Super Mario All Stars

Megaman 7, Bass, and X1-x3

Rocket NiGHTS

Earthbound

SuperMario RPG

Super Mario Kart

Star Fox

Final Fight 1-3

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (2 Games)

NES

River City Ransom

Double Dragon 1-3

Megaman 1-6

Bionic Commando

Metal Gear

Zelda II

SD Splatterhouse

Castlevania 1-3

NinjaTurtles 2 & 3

Mighty Final Fight

Batman (the movie)

N64

Super Smash Brothers

StarFox 64

Jet Force Gemini

Zelda (both)

DooM 64

Kirby 64

Half of those games are on a collection somewhere...