A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boom Video Game (Wii U/3DS)

Stritix

So I played the Sonic Boom demo last Friday at a gaming expo. I played both versions. Here are my thoughts on Rise of Lyric:

I played the cavern level on the Wii U version with Sonic and Amy. The game is not clear on what you have to do or where to go. And the chase section while automated, you still have to use the control stick otherwise you die. I died randomly multiple times
There are times where I had to switch characters, but when I did switch they were always caught up in pieces of the level and just died.

The 3DS version is just as bad. I played a race level. Sonic is slow as fuck. The entire race relies on you hitting dash pads to go fast. And even then, you're not fast for long. You slow down eventually.

I played an Adventure level as well. There were so many sections for Tails I honestly thought I was using the wrong character. There was a parth of Rings seems to be designed for Light Dash, but Sonic can only do some weird air boost thing by holding X.

It's a shame to see the series go this way. but I guess Sega doesn't even care anymore, it's all about money to them.

It's...honestly the biggest piece of shit I've ever played. I can tolerate a lot of shit and I even tolerated 06. But this? This is beyond 06 levels of bad. The series is dead to me now. I give up. Sonic's nothing more than a cheap cash cow now. RIP Sonic the Hedgehog.

And i think we are back at the sonic cycle again, i also played the demo and my thoughts are exactly the same, but i dont think sonic is all dead, i believe that something good as SU and Sonic Generations could come up in a near future, come on people i also think this is as bad as 06 or even worse but this isnt something to say RIP sonic or anything, i know its one of the bad games but even Sonic Heroes that for me was kinda bad in some areas was good, im not saying this is good but maybe something even good could come up after this, i think they should stick to the SU/SG formula i mean they were good (except for the werehog part but even the werehog was fun) and mixed up the 2D sections with the 3D adventure-like gameplay very well

Way late into the topic, but I'll just throw in my two cents.

Look forward to the game, couldn't care less for the TV show. The character designs seem fine. The bandaging and stuff seem like a response to the modern trend of over design. A shame, really, but I welcome a radical shift to the series. I'm not into hype so I don't have much more to say until I actually get it. Overall the game play will speak for itself for me.

• Like 1

As an addition...

Words cannot describe how much more optimistic I am about Rise of Lyric after the new screenshots. These gimmicks will either be awesome or awful, and they've looked to have touched the graphics up a fair bit, such as actual grass textures and not flat patches of green.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they did. Any later and they wouldn't get their MONEY!

To change the subject, this is what happens when you 100% Shattered Crystal. Just this. Nothing else.

That's all? no special stage? Supersonic at least? or a secret mission? or costumes? just plain dancing?!! looks like the creators made that to mock people up, kinda like "good job beating the game at 100% now this is what you get just a lame ass dancing robot-like parody"....*sigh* you know i had it with the jokes and parody and comedy with this, it has to be all jokes and funny stuff with Sonic Boom? why? why dont add some serious shit there?! hte worse thing is that this is final not some beta or demo, its in the final build, thank god i dont have Wii U or 3DS because that's lame, pretty lame and i dont care if its for a younger audience or "another universe" that's just lame and lazy, but like i said its my opinion people.

I wish they delays the games or something. They're clearly rushed. They didn't have to release the game around the same time as the TV show...

If they really cared about the quality of the game, this wouldn't be an issue I think. The way this game has looked from start to finish, I really doubt another 6 months would have made a significant difference.

• Like 2