A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

This is technically not a screenshot but...

Spoiler Alert for Sonic From The Beginning (and the image is incredibly huge for some reason)

[qimg]http://jassbecspot.webs.com/photos/undefined/me_NEW-1.jpg[/qimg]

Ahh,to big! This is some concept art i made for the true final boss of Sonic From The Beginning, now i really need a name for it.

You probably want to know what the hell is that. Well as some of you might know, the final zone for my game will be "Special Stage Zone" and it will try to explain why there's only 6 emeralds in sonic 1 and why Eggman has one of them. This boss is a weird mix of Marx, Zero Two, the weird emerald octopus thing from Wario World, and some stuff i'm probably not sure.

Come on dude, you can come up with something more original than that...personally, the design seems uninspired

Come on dude, you can come up with something more original than that...personally, the design seems uninspired

Again,this is a concept, but i appreciate the feedback. That's why i posted that in the first place, maybe i should scrap the idea,seems out of place :/

[qimg]

http://i.imgur.com/qbQ0R8Y.png[/qimg]

Not sure you forget something so essential like that.

Oh,duh! (Facepalming at my own stupidity)

I've been focusing a lot in my studies that sometimes my brain goes like, "lololol how 'bout u forget sum stuff in MMF2 lolololo and insert some random math calculations instead lololo"

Again,this is a concept, but i appreciate the feedback. That's why i posted that in the first place, maybe i should scrap the idea,seems out of place :/

It isn't very... "Classic Sonic-y", really. As in, it seems too 'organic'. The boss concepts in Classic Sonic style games are pretty much all robotic, since that's the whole point of the old Sonic story.

He's called ROBOTnik for a reason...

HOWEVER, you could adapt the idea in to something robotic. A large winged robot with the emerald at its core could work quite well. I dunno what you plan to do with the story but it would work well with Robotnik's discovery of the power of Emeralds.

As in:

In this one, he realises the power of a single Emerald...

Which leads to him trying to get more...

Then BTS/Sonic 2 is where Sonic realises how all 7 can be utilised...

And lastly, Sonic 3&K is where Robotnik finds out the power of the Master Emerald and uses that at the core of his final weapon.

Point being: It's like an ominous foreboding of future events (one emerald at core to begin with, 3&K has Master Emerald).

Lake did a similar thing in BTS, in that the final boss was like a smaller version of the final boss of Sonic 2 (which was like a smaller version of the final boss of Sonic 3&K).

People love ominous forebodings.

tl;dr: I think you should change the final boss to a flying ROBOT with a SINGLE emerald (the 7th one that Robotnik has) at the core.

I'm with ChaosLord concerning idea implementation both for a Sonic game and a Sonic prequel; It's gotta' fit in with the atmosphere the series conveys and for the most part what sensically could have happened before Sonic 1. Of course, BTS/ATS have many Kirby overtones, but it's played with well enough that it's both unique yet still fits within' the universe.

But yeah, if you want a final boss that concerns Chaos Emeralds, I'd make it more along the lines of an Emerald-powered mecha like S3&K's final boss, except running on the incomplete 6 emerald collection from Sonic 1, more along the lines of Eggman's first crappy attempt at wielding their powers? Heck,ChaosLord's alternative idea sounds nice too.

I dunno', I'm focusing on the prequel idea for my concept too, but going in a rather different direction for it than what I listed here. Hopefully this might help you alongside other comments.

It isn't very... "Classic Sonic-y", really. As in, it seems too 'organic'. The boss concepts in Classic Sonic style games are pretty much all robotic, since that's the whole point of the old Sonic story.

He's called ROBOTnik for a reason...

HOWEVER, you could adapt the idea in to something robotic. A large winged robot with the emerald at its core could work quite well. I dunno what you plan to do with the story but it would work well with Robotnik's discovery of the power of Emeralds.

As in:

In this one, he realises the power of a single Emerald...

Which leads to him trying to get more...

Then BTS/Sonic 2 is where Sonic realises how all 7 can be utilised...

And lastly, Sonic 3&K is where Robotnik finds out the power of the Master Emerald and uses that at the core of his final weapon.

Point being: It's like an ominous foreboding of future events (one emerald at core to begin with, 3&K has Master Emerald).

Lake did a similar thing in BTS, in that the final boss was like a smaller version of the final boss of Sonic 2 (which was like a smaller version of the final boss of Sonic 3&K).

People love ominous forebodings.

tl;dr: I think you should change the final boss to a flying ROBOT with a SINGLE emerald (the 7th one that Robotnik has) at the core.

Yes! Great idea! I'm going to make a concept based on your idea, that's way better than what i had in mind.

Here's a little peice of my game's story: The game's "last zone" is Scrap Skies, which is Scrap Brain under-construction, basically Eggman wanted to make a flying fortress since the very beginning. Sonic partially destroys Scrap Skies and the explosion creates a Gigantic Ring; Sonic, Eggman and Scrap Skies get transported into "Special Stage Zone" the game's true final zone. After an epic fight with eggman and the "Emerald Robot" everyone gets transported into South Island, Sonic lands on Green Hill Zone and Eggman and Scrap Skies crash into the island, Eggman forced to stay on the ground,lets his Robots rebuild Scrap Skies now renamed Scrap Brain. Eggman now knows Sonic is a serious thread, and created his first line of Animal powered robots in order to fight sonic. (one of Sonic FTB's last zones is an animal keeping facility located underneath Scrap Skies, named Botanik Badnik).

Sonic 1 happens, then BTS, Sonic 2, ATS, S3&K... (Lake gave me permission to use the Feperdverse)

How does it sound?

Pffff, we posted at nearly the same time. XD But that idea sounds pretty good too; I'm guessing Scrap Brain would be the result of a downed Scrap Skies (Scrap Stratosphere? I dunno', Scrap Brain makes me think that it'd be a nickname to refer to the "scrapped remains of Eggman's former warship").

It's funny, I remember I had a vague recollection a while back when S4E2 trailers came out, mistakenly seeing a brief second of White Park's Metal Sonic battle as Sky Fortress (well, the before we knew about its existence anyway, but meh), with dark thundering skies, imposing black and purple structures in the background, and somesuch. Sorta' like the final level of Sonic 1 8-bit in a way. I kinda' think that vibes sounds good for the level.

I say if you want to go organic, go for it. But the design itself isn't that good. I'd recommend looking up some things regarding character design on the internet and studying more designs in general. A good strong silhouette in this case would do wonders for one thing.

Nothing wrong with organic bosses though, Sonic games have used them in the form of monsters of the week. Having a floating one eyed Chaos emerald as you have it there is kinda boring though.

Yes! Great idea! I'm going to make a concept based on your idea, that's way better than what i had in mind.

Here's a little peice of my game's story: The game's "last zone" is Scrap Skies, which is Scrap Brain under-construction, basically Eggman wanted to make a flying fortress since the very beginning. Sonic partially destroys Scrap Skies and the explosion creates a Gigantic Ring; Sonic, Eggman and Scrap Skies get transported into "Special Stage Zone" the game's true final zone. After an epic fight with eggman and the "Emerald Robot" everyone gets transported into South Island, Sonic lands on Green Hill Zone and Eggman and Scrap Skies crash into the island, Eggman forced to stay on the ground,lets his Robots rebuild Scrap Skies now renamed Scrap Brain. Eggman now knows Sonic is a serious thread, and created his first line of Animal powered robots in order to fight sonic. (one of Sonic FTB's last zones is an animal keeping facility located underneath Scrap Skies, named Botanik Badnik).

Sonic 1 happens, then BTS, Sonic 2, ATS, S3&K... (Lake gave me permission to use the Feperdverse)

How does it sound?

Ohshit, Scrap Brain in development? That's a pretty neat idea. Didn't think of that...

AND YAY MY IDEA WAS LIKED <3

Just remember scrap brain is also in south island, sonic's home.

And why isn't this it's own thread?

Dammit i wanna draw a robot with an emerald at the core sooo bad now....Damn you easily influenced brain...

according to the game gear, south island is sonic's home...but then again..it IS the game gear.

[edit] there's also the problem that it's his japanese backstory, and that was asuming he was from earth, when he should be from mobius.

Just remember scrap brain is also in south island, sonic's home.

And why isn't this it's own thread?

Dammit i wanna draw a robot with an emerald at the core sooo bad now....Damn you easily influenced brain...

I didn't want to make a thread for my game since i don't have much material to show. Or maybe i do and i don't realise that.

You guys can draw some concept if you like, just show it to me and i might make it part of the game.

I didn't want to make a thread for my game since i don't have much material to show. Or maybe i do and i don't realise that.

You guys can draw some concept if you like, just show it to me and i might make it part of the game.

Will do. Might even draw some badniks just for the fun of it. :B

Yeah, I'd probably wait until more material comes up. On the other hand, you have a developing staff, so that's good. :P

according to the game gear, south island is sonic's home...but then again..it IS the game gear.

[edit] there's also the problem that it's his japanese backstory, and that was asuming he was from earth, when he should be from mobius.

The japanese canon is the true canon, until Sonic Adventure.

That's why i use Eggman instead of Robotnik.

But even the japanese canon (i think, dont quote me on this) Mentions mobius at several points, and still, scrap brain still is in south island....dammit we're talking about sonic cannon this will go nowhere but i...just...cant...stop...

But even the japanese canon (i think, dont quote me on this) Mentions mobius at several points, and still, scrap brain still is in south island....dammit we're talking about sonic cannon this will go nowhere but i...just...cant...stop...

Um,yes. Even in my game, Scrap Brain IS in South Island, it crashes there.

Um,yes. Even in my game, Scrap Brain IS in South Island, it crashes there.

Wait....Scrap brain FLIES? My pants have grown much tighter for some reason....you sir now have a fan.

[edit] you two could get skype...it would simplify things by...idunno...a lot.

Say Jassbec, mind sharing your game level ideas for badnik inspiration and functionality proposals? Sorry to the mods for congesting the topic moreso, albeit not as badly as Sonic canon, so you can PM them if you'd like. That is, if you're cool with that. :P

http://jassbecspot.webs.com

Click on the Sonic From The Beginning page, there's some information you might be interested in.

Wait....Scrap brain FLIES? My pants have grown much tighter for some reason....you sir now have a fan.

[edit] you two could get skype...it would simplify things by...idunno...a lot.

I made a post about the game's story a few posts ago. I don't know if you're being sarcastic about being a fan (it probably is sarcasm) lol.

If you're still confused about the Scrap Skies thing here's this

http://http://jassbecspot.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=174339820

It's extremely outdated, but you can give yourself an idea.

The factory at the top is Scrap Skies

Eggman's face is Botanik Badnik (the artificial forest/animal keeping facility is inside

And the little tower underneath is Eternal Elevator.

...Now that i think about it, what can i do to explain the tornado (sonic's plane) randomly appearing in Sonic 2?

http://jassbecspot.webs.com

I made a post about the game's story a few posts ago. I don't know if you're being sarcastic about being a fan (it probably is sarcasm) lol.

Just saying putting scrap brain in the sky is an interesting idea, ill seriously be following the ptoject....and i'd help...but recently i just harmed shoulder and can barely move my my arm...so...yea.

[edit] Alliterative names FTW!!

Honestly, I wouldn't be too against coming up with sketches of designs for said Emerald Mecha, if you would like: I could use the practice, been a while since I've drawn anything with real purpose. :B

(Also, are we clogging the thread, or...?)

GODAMMIT, I left to quickly make something and when I come back, it turns out you have already put in for the job.

Oh well, have my... 'quick' concept image anyway... don't want it to go to waste...: http://i.imgur.com/0VTEcg9.png

Rock on PAINT SKILLZ. I can't do pixel art so I just did the concept... and based it heavily on the original design (SEE, IT EVEN HAS A HALO LOOKING BIT).

Oh. And I made it a bit too big.

(inb4 warned for messing up thread)

GODAMMIT, I left to quickly make something and when I come back, it turns out you have already put in for the job.

Oh well, have my... 'quick' concept image anyway... don't want it to go to waste...: http://i.imgur.com/0VTEcg9.png

Rock on PAINT SKILLZ. I can't do pixel art so I just did the concept... and based it heavily on the original design (SEE, IT EVEN HAS A HALO LOOKING BIT).

Oh. And I made it a bit too big.

(inb4 warned for messing up thread)

Say, that's rather nifty! I'm tryin' to come up with a design right now: I almost wanted to go for a dragon-esque design, but I keep trying to push that mental image away in favor for a more unorthodox design; I kinda' want to incorporate Final Zone's pistons into it. But I'll see. :P

I'll start posting my stuff in my own topic to prevent this conceptual flood from furthering. :B