A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

LakeFeperd has teh HAAAAX.

Speaking of which, I've resumed work on that little unfinished game I have:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1604&stc=1&d=1351830060

It took quite a while for me to think of a look for the final boss and I've been really lazy about doing the cutscenes, but the game should be done "soon" as my signature says. Ah, I made it so holding the fire button stops the ship, which is something that should have been there from the beginning...

post-2967-138639765351_thumb.png

[qimg]http://www.iaza.com/work/120827C/iaza15817922691500.png[/qimg]

After looking Freedom Planet's sprites, I said to myself "I need to sprite again >:I"

So I did, not really the FP style, but sorta like it I guess.

I dunno, should I do anything with this?

I mean, it's not bad. It's just not anything special. Put a little more effort into it; make people forget it even started as a Sonic sprite.

Don't worry Cleb - Everyone starts at a certain point and improves from there.

Let's get constructive:

Have you tried Paint.NET? I heavily recommend you to design your basic elements with it first - Photoshop is only going to mix things up for you.

For cutting out artwork from BGs, get the "feather" plugin for PDN. Running this effect will polish any sharp edges you might get.

Try these two basic tuts for PDN in order to get used to the interface: 3D text tutorial - Making glass buttons

Don't worry Cleb - Everyone starts at a certain point and improves from there.

Let's get constructive:

Have you tried Paint.NET? I heavily recommend you to design your basic elements with it first - Photoshop is only going to mix things up for you.

For cutting out artwork from BGs, get the "feather" plugin for PDN. Running this effect will polish any sharp edges you might get.

Try these two basic tuts for PDN in order to get used to the interface: 3D text tutorial - Making glass buttons

Thx Gsoft, thx for all ^^ i will try today.

I love that sonic sprites, good job!

Shiiiiiiiiit that's pretty.

The animation could use some work, though. It looks very unappealing and dull. It should have more energy, more movement. I mean, take advance that you're using a 3D model, use angles, more frames, more variety, etc.

Anyone here know how to make a better polished trail effect? All I did right now for a placeholder is circles that gradually fade away.